NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

This game is looking better and better as the weeks go by, i shall be getting this when it gets released and see if it is any better than Sunshine on the GC, which was a good game but not as good as SM64

October...ooooh. Earlier than I thought. I was expecting a worldwide release in the first week of December. Does that mean they are clearing the way for another December release? Or just that it is touch and go for the EU release in tiem for chirstmas...

This is expected to have an October release in Japan.

Source

You missed this: "These dates have not been confirmed by Nintendo or any of the other developers/publishers listed. This is information that Famitsu has pieced together on their own. "

Yea don't worry about that,that's why I just put down "expected" since it hasn't been confirmed.

Anybody want to bet a beer on a November EU release?

Sure,it'll be legal for me to drink by then :heh:

Anybody want to bet a beer on a November EU release?

I say October.

;421457"]I say October.

You're on. Continental beer, that is.

From a buisness stand point I wouldn't think so.

It'll be interesting if there are no delays with all the games out like BWii,Galaxy,MP3 and Brawl.Wouldn't surprise me if we say MP3 untill January/February purely because of all the text and because two shooters would sort of collide with each other in a small time frame,but then again translating could be underway since it was suppose to be a launch and being tweaked.

Metroid September, Mario in October, Brawl Nov/Dec (probably 08 though).

Would make a perfect end of the year!

I can't see them delaying Metroid from launch, to over a year later, but with Ninty, anything can happen.

Metroid September, Mario in October, Brawl Nov/Dec (probably 08 though).

That's overkill, major titles must be spread strategically throughout the year.

That's overkill, major titles must be spread strategically throughout the year.

Metroid, Mario and Smash aren't coming out before September, so it's going to happen like that. I agree with you though.

It'll be the big Christmas game over here, it'll cause massive sales spikes and give Nintendo the Christmas number one spot. By that time Wii will have outsold 360

I reckon next year, I'm still thinking we won't see Super Paper Mario this side of Summer, and we won't see two Mario games released on the market at the same quarter...

But then you also have to see that this is a massive chance for Nintendo to have a massive Xmas, arguably Mario Galaxy is going to be the title that will make the Wii, the first title to truly use the new controls in such an innovation/ well constructed way it sells itself to all the doubters...

Nintendo cannot and will not delay Mario Galaxy again. I'll be extremely surprised if Galaxy doesn't make this year, espicially when Nintendo keep saying it's out this year.

I reckon next year, I'm still thinking we won't see Super Paper Mario this side of Summer, and we won't see two Mario games released on the market at the same quarter...

But then you also have to see that this is a massive chance for Nintendo to have a massive Xmas, arguably Mario Galaxy is going to be the title that will make the Wii, the first title to truly use the new controls in such an innovation/ well constructed way it sells itself to all the doubters...

I feel the same way flameboy, US and Japan will of course get Galaxy this year, but for us no way two mario games within the same probable quarter.

This is because nintendo are distributing quite a few 3rd party games now. Plus I feel Nintendo of Europe is trying to concentrate on the DS.

Nintendo cannot and will not delay Mario Galaxy again. I'll be extremely surprised if Galaxy doesn't make this year, espicially when Nintendo keep saying it's out this year.

Well then they best get out Super Paper Mario along time before Xmas, it just makes no business sense at all to release both so close to each other, they will eat into each others sales and it will lead to confusion for less informed gamers...

There's Q3 and Q4 after summer, you know.

I reckon Super Paper Mario in September and Super Mario Galaxy in November gives it enough space. Nintendo releases Mario games all the bleeping time, and any blind person can see that delaying Galaxy is one of the stupidest things to do.

Even if this 'eating away each other's sales' is so devastating (more than not releasing a game for Christmas, which I very much doubt) then Nintendo will delay Super Paper Mario, not Galaxy.

I reckon Super Paper Mario in September and Super Mario Galaxy in November gives it enough space. Nintendo releases Mario games all the bleeping time, and any blind person can see that delaying Galaxy is one of the stupidest things to do.

Even if this 'eating away each other's sales' is so devastating (more than not releasing a game for Christmas, which I very much doubt) then Nintendo will delay Super Paper Mario, not Galaxy.

Two months isn't enough I'd say...I wasn't specifically saying Galaxy will definitly get delayed,just one or the other. Although I just have a hunch it will be Galaxy, as I think it will arrive very later this year in Japan and US. It just doesn't make sense to have two Mario titles on the market at the same time...plus we also have Mario and Sonic Olympics to think about...

I hope I'm wrong...

This is true but they don't want to lead to cannibalization of their own products i.e. if they do release super paper mario in september some people will just hang on and wait for mario galaxy. Plus they don't want to release so many big games that they end up getting not the same expected sales as they would if they end up releashing 3/4 nintendo games instead of 6-7.

Haven't Nintendo confirmed this game will be released worldwide in 2007.

I know they've said release dates in the past and not always stuck to them, but I can't see that happening with Mario Galaxy.

Nintendo are bound to use the game as their big Christmas blockbuster (like the N64 and Mario 64) and they'll also use the game to sell Wii's for Christmas; probably in a Mario bundle.

Haven't Nintendo confirmed this game will be released worldwide in 2007.

No not really they announced at GDC it would be playable sometime this year, I take it that they were at that time talking about the US region. So based on that presumption I can only think it will be releashed in US November/December.