NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

This is the new mario game; yes. Nintendo have said the wii is built around Mario 128, now know as Galaxies.

Miyamoto said that Mario 128 will "of course" renamed.

I think Galaxy is the true successor to 64.

We're going to be warping all over the Galaxy! This means interesting gravity affects, flying.. new dimensions on combat- power ups.

All with the controllers.

This game will set the standard for platformers.. Rayman is in trouble.

Rayman is in trouble.
You're kidding.

Mario 64 is the only one in trouble here :heh:

You're kidding.

Mario 64 is the only one in trouble here :heh:

wanna see the footage! have to wait till 8.00 :cry:

I dont think this will make launch, yuo have Zelda for launch, so thats your alternative.

maybe a bit too much like Sunshine: 2 though?

You mean visually of course?

I havn't the vid yet, but from the picutre, and the crowds reaction (yes I only had sound), this is going to be anouhter must have for me...now to start saving up.

i dont know what to expect from this, i thought sunshine was 'ok fun' maybe this might be pretty good, howver i didnt like al the camera angles going on in those videos.

Hmm, I didn't really like the Mario footage shown.... What the hell was that? Seemed like Pinball Mario to me. Not excited about this, actually rather disapointed for the moment, but I'll wait for some videos or trailers probably made available in the next days.

First thoughts on hearing the name:

"Oh god, they've put him in space haven't they."

i'm not sure if this is a good thing

its a natural progression, he started in the sewers, then to the surface and sky and now to space.

Fuzpoy, I thought so too.. but you can warp all around planets.. each one can have it's own style and physics- gravity, flying power ups.

Each planet will have it's own gameplay because of this.

Requiring a different stance to play to defeat enemies and work out puzzles.

I was skeptical at first but this is a playground for Miyamoto- I hope he has put enough ideas to make this a bit more than what Sunshine was.

I am playing it right now, just got my 10th shine :D pretty good progress for 1 day.

The ultimate Nintendo hero is taking the ultimate step... out into space. Join Mario as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across all the planets in the galaxy. Mario takes advantage of all the unique aspects of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller, unleashing new moves as players shake the controller and even point at and drag items with the pointer. Players perform mind-bending, low-gravity jumps across wild alien terrain as they experience platforming for a new generation.

I think this looks utterly brilliant. I know we've only seen a few seconds footage but it just looks so fun.

i'm hopin more details emerge later this week on this game it looks incredibly fun from what i can make out!

I really want more footage, I hope its playable tommorow.

screenshot996lk.jpg

"I knew I should have bought a 360.."

Just watched through the video.. and it's not looking amazing graphics wise. Mario is about the gameplay.. and if anything we will be distracted by the gameplay and controls more than the visuals.

The lava monster is about as good as it gets in the video.. I can see sharpies when you go frame by frame.. it's nice.

I'm not disapointed.

But Iwata said we'd go wow.. the only thing I went wow at (graphically) was a third party title- that was Red Steel.

ye graphics wern;t brillaint but tbh its not really crossed my mind, i am just in love with all the gameplay styles, all the games look FUN, something i have nt felt it a while

If my memory serves me well, the first thing we saw of Mario128 was a gamecube-demo, showing off many many mario's running around on a floating ball. It seems obvious that the Mario Galaxy planet-concept has been in development since then. Some four years ago. This has to be good.