NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Lucky Americans, I want this game now. From what I've heard, the main complaint is it's too similar to the other too, and in my book that's only a good thing.

Any of you lot playing this on a surround set up, if so what's the DPLII mix like?

I remember the GCN Prime games being awesome in 5.1 so I'm hoping this is more of the same, if not better. :wink:

played all day today great game thats all i have to say..so happy that i got a deep game on my wii.. its been so long since loz:tp...:bowdown: :bowdown:

I just listened to gametrailers video review (didn't want to watch it), and OMG!! it sounds AWESOME!!

Also want to make the point that gametrailers are BY FAR my most prefered site for reviews and previews etc... There reviews and scoring seem to make perfect logical sense! and the voiceovers manage to summarise everything extremely well! plus they are enthusiastic, unlike IGN and Gamespot who mumble and just sound like they can't be bothered!

I just listened to gametrailers video review (didn't want to watch it), and OMG!! it sounds AWESOME!!

Also want to make the point that gametrailers are BY FAR my most prefered site for reviews and previews etc... There reviews and scoring seem to make perfect logical sense! and the voiceovers manage to summarise everything extremely well! plus they are enthusiastic, unlike IGN and Gamespot who mumble and just sound like they can't be bothered!

Hey, where there any major spoilers in the review? I would really like to see it, but I'm a bit concerned about story spoilers.

Hey, where there any major spoilers in the review? I would really like to see it, but I'm a bit concerned about story spoilers.
No story spoilers at all.

All they say is that Samus is corrupted by Phazon, that's it!

It's definately well worth a listen (or a watch, though that will obviously show a few things from the game)!

They say the game includes a number of the best moments in gaming EVER!

GamerNode Review: (9.5)

After playing with the game for just a few hours, I was hooked; so much so that I just didn't want to put that Wii Remote down. Once you grab Corruption and get used to its controls, you will never want to go back to the old way you used to play first-person shooters. That statement goes to show just how amazing this game truly is.

As far as the actual shooting goes, the controls for MP3 have to start getting consideration for being the best controls ever for a console first person shooter. The handling of the different effects, the aiming of the pointer, the charging of the cannon, jumping motions of the morph ball; everything is so intuitive and responsive that it's hard to imagine just how you played a "gun game" without them. These controls really make the game more shooter-focused than adventure focused as it was before, and with the adjusted controls that change is welcome. This is truly perfection, and even though the pointer does sometimes get in the way of your blasts and it has a bit of a learning curve, there are no major burdens.

The game also integrates the Wii Remote in a unique way with each piece of hardware in Samus' arsenal. Things such as grappling seem almost perfect with the new Wiimote controls, and truly make you feel as if you're sitting in the suit of Samus Aran. Add on some really neat hand emotions performed with your nunchuck, and the fact that the game is the most responsive motion simulated experience yet for the Wii, and I can easily say that Corruption makes the best use of the Wii's capabilities so far. Although it has left me wondering just how tarnished my Halo skills will be when I go play Halo 3 after becoming so used to controlling Samus with the Wii remote...

(...)

Super Mario Galaxy better be perfect, because it's going to be sad to see a Mario game not be the flagship title of the Nintendo Wii, or even the best title of the season. Corruption is just that good, and its 20+ hours of engaging campaign play will keep you perfectly content with it being the console's must have game. Go buy it now, because it's been what you have been waiting for from the Wii for so long. Retro Studios has made something truly remarkable with the Metroid Prime series, and the way the developer has brought the once retro-only series into the modern age of gaming is truly the most any Metroid fan could ever ask for.

If you're a Wii owner who's been waiting for a game game for the Wii, this is what you've been waiting for, and for many it will justify the purchase of the system months ago. Bungie, you've got quite a challenge ahead of you.

Source: http://gamernode.com/Reviews/3956-Metroid-Prime-3-Corruption/index.html

The reviews make me want this sooo much more. It's just funny the way some of the jackass reviewers just mark it down in the score section for silly points.

I feel like I'm the only person who owns a Wii who isn't going to buy this on launch day...though I'll still probably get it at some point.

Please don't shoot me.

I feel like I'm the only person who owns a Wii who isn't going to buy this on launch day...though I'll still probably get it at some point.

Please don't shoot me.

I might wait till I'm done with Phantom Hourglass, but then it wouldn't give me much time between Mario and Metroid :/.

Maybe I'll end up leaving Phantom hourglass then, I'm never gonna have time for all these games :(. Should sort out these so called droughts though, come next summer.

That is great news.Metroid deseres to do well and hope it's hype is justified in it's sales.

also this; http://www.wii.tv/2007/09/02/wiitv-metroid-prime-3-video-review/#comments

a review by wii-tv, that some here might call "hating the wii", concidering it has the same issues with the game as gamspot (the feeling you have played it all before), and a few new as well (being the midi-quality music and the lack of use of the wiimote speaker).

i don't know what to think anymore. guess i'll just buy the game and figure it out myself.

also this; http://www.wii.tv/2007/09/02/wiitv-metroid-prime-3-video-review/#comments

a review by wii-tv, that some here might call "hating the wii", concidering it has the same issues with the game as gamspot (the feeling you have played it all before), and a few new as well (being the midi-quality music and the lack of use of the wiimote speaker).

i don't know what to think anymore. guess i'll just buy the game and figure it out myself.

I thought that was a bloody good review. The guys voice was a bit annoying though.

They don't use the wiimote speaker???

WORST GAME EVER.

It doesn't?

Well then they have lost one good customer.No way am I getting it now cause I wanted weird sounds that doesn't do the game justice.