NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I was wondering if they were gonna do the channel thing here too, i'm almost sure they started it much earlier in the US before release there.

Same here. And it seems there's 2 exclusive videos for Europe.

I got the message from Nintendo but my Wii light didn't glow though. Weird.

Just watched the videos, pretty cool stuff. But it just seems too far from the isolation of the first game that made it so great. I just hope the atmosphere doesn't suffer because of all the interation.

saw a commercial for Corruption on discovery last night "Available in store now"!!!

hmmmmm

hey guys,

i've played the 2d metroid games, but didnt buy the prime series on the cube because i didn't like the controls of 2 analogue sticks for walking and aiming.

However the wii version looks really good. Would you recomend me getting it because i haven't played the other prime games?

hey guys,

i've played the 2d metroid games, but didnt buy the prime series on the cube because i didn't like the controls of 2 analogue sticks for walking and aiming.

However the wii version looks really good. Would you recomend me getting it because i haven't played the other prime games?

Yeah I think you should be ok...I'm playing through Prime 2 now and it refers back to events of the previous game, which is good as I had forgotten things...

hey guys,

You'll be fine. You'll pick up the story really fast.

hey guys,

Errr...

Have I missed something? Were you able to controll MP like a regular FPS?

At least the default controls were more Zelda-ish, where you only were able to strafe if you used the lockon button.

Anyways, I bought the first Prime game, couldn't find one of those runes or whatever they were, then I ran out of space on my memorycard, so I deleted the file, started over, but now I'm just too boored. According to Gametrailers, it's got better controlls, more action and less backtracking.

hey guys,

Only one stick was used to control movement and turning. The Prime games did not control like any other conventional FPS, rather it was more like an adventure viewed in first person.

I would recommend getting ALL the prime games. You've been missing out.

I downloaded the Prime 3 channel this evening and watched all the videos! :D

It looks Great! :D Only two weeks to go! :)

Eurogamer has their review up...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=85433

...it got a 9 for those too lazy to check!

Also, they say that the controls are the best for any first person console game... yet they kept it on the normal setting where you have to aim at the edges of the screen to turn and didn't even change it to expert... weirdos! Ha ha

I have about 5 days before I get this now, and still not started Prime 1 or 2. Been hammering through Super Metroid and Baten Kaitos Origins, I really wonder if I can complete them.

Also I can't stop watching the top left video on preview channel. I watch it every few hours...

I need this game.

I ordered this from Asda online £27.97 along with Mario Galaxy (same price). Has anybody ordered from them will I get it on day of release????

Cant wait to play and having never played Super Metroid before I'm really enjoying it on the VC.

I can see a lot of code swapping for the online swapping on Metroid! - I wanna pimp my ship!: peace:

I ordered this from Asda online £29.97 along with Mario Galaxy (same price). Has anybody ordered from them will I get it on day or release????

Virgin-Online have it for £27!! (& Mario, SSB:B for £29)

Virgin-Online have it for £27!! (& Mario, SSB:B for £29)

I ordered this from Asda online £27.97 along with Mario Galaxy (same price).

Sorry man I meant £27.97 and yeah was aware of Virign price but thought I'd give ASDA a go! : peace:

I think I'm gonna hold up getting this a week now, give me more along time with Zelda:PH....

And after all that effort to complete Metroid Prime 2...

I'm extremely lucky.

I ordered some stuff from play.com today (random DVD purchase)...and noticed that I had accidentally selected my old address. I couldn't change it so I cancelled them and ordered both from Virgin Megastores.

Edit: Speaking of Virgin Megastores, check their FAQ questions.

I have about 5 days before I get this now, and still not started Prime 1 or 2. Been hammering through Super Metroid and Baten Kaitos Origins, I really wonder if I can complete them.

Also I can't stop watching the top left video on preview channel. I watch it every few hours...

I need this game.

That reminds me to download the channel, since I'm at home now. :p

I pre-ordered the game from gcshop (a dutch store) for about 41 euros, maybe I'll get it one day before the release form them as it happened before.

Ha just read about Virgin. Here for the lazy people:

Can I order a Nintendo Wii?

Nintendo Wii is in limited supply in the lead up to Christmas. The website will be updated as and when there is product availability at our fulfillment centre. Please note however, that due to exceptional demand, available stock is likely to be sold very quickly and in some cases the website stockholding may not update in time. In this case, all orders will be fulfilled on a strict first-come first-served basis and the remainder of the orders will be placed in back-order or cancelled. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note that if you place an order for a Nintendo Wii you will not be charged until it is confirmed for despatch to you, in line with our site policy

Scored a very respectable 9.3 in n-revolution mag (the only reviews I trust).

In summary -

Wonderful art , and a fantastic immersive soundtrack

Absolutely perfect first-person controls. Seriously , perfect.

Still feels like Prime , but better paced than before

Just in case anyone is left in any doubt ;)

:(

I Wanna that game and the Wii :'(

Well, does anybody has another opinion of the game?

Hunters is not a good example to show the Primes. Only the multiplayer was good. Single is much better in these.

grrr that is so true it's not funny i don't like people who judge the series entirely on that one game... it's not the best

Yea we've none that for a day or so now. Still shocks me though after being out all this time it's still selling a lot. I mean surely there's a lot of Wii-motes in stock now,don't they wanna save $10 towards Prime 3?