NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Yeah, the controls are incredible and really add to the experience. If you loved the first 2 I wuld be very surprised if you didn't love this. The game probably isn't quite as good as the first, but the controls make it more enjoyable overall. After playing this I really struggled playing 360 FPS's!

Game finally came today.

Played for about couple of hours. It started a bit iffy I think. Didn't really feel like a Metroid game, or Prime game at least. And the controls take a bit getting used to and is far from perfect. I put the control scheme on expert and am finding it a tad sensitive. I wonder whether I should change it back to the default.

The rest of the button config seem a bit clumsy. Missiles on D-down is not good. 1 button for accessing maps etc is also not great but then again the lack of buttons means thats the best they could do.

The first level was not very good, but it is starting to pick up a bit now.

I put the control scheme on expert and am finding it a tad sensitive. I wonder whether I should change it back to the default.

Don't. It takes a bit getting used to, I believe it took me something like the first 5-7 hours of the game, but then you'll breeze through it.

As for the other points, I think missiles in Down are great. If they were mapped to Up, then I would agree with you. I also don't see a problem with the 1 and 2 buttons (in any game, be it MP3, Zelda or Godfather, the ones I have that use 1 for maps). Just as long as 1 isn't an action button, like firing your weapon, then I see no problem with reaching it now and then to see the map.

Game finally came today.

Played for about couple of hours. It started a bit iffy I think. Didn't really feel like a Metroid game, or Prime game at least. And the controls take a bit getting used to and is far from perfect. I put the control scheme on expert and am finding it a tad sensitive. I wonder whether I should change it back to the default.

The rest of the button config seem a bit clumsy. Missiles on D-down is not good. 1 button for accessing maps etc is also not great but then again the lack of buttons means thats the best they could do.

The first level was not very good, but it is starting to pick up a bit now.

I found the default controls allright. It's all up to you.

By the way, what kind of super awesome games on the Wii do you play if you think that Metroid Prime 3 was poorly done?

It takes some getting used to, but trust me (and the others), when it clicks, it's hard to ever go back. The controls are spot-on, and it's without any doubt the best MP-game in the trilogy. Well, without any doubt in my mind anyway.

It's true that the beginning is a bit stale (especially compared to Metroid Prime 1), but it gets better. Way better!

I'll stick with the controls although it's harder in that you have to aim even with targeting.

What i do like is the fact you can call your ship and save.

Read my view on the previous page, but I don't think this has a scratch on the other two, a lack of exploration and atmosphere in this one, and there are no jaw dropping sections. Just remember Phendrana in prime where you aquire boost ball for the first time, that was epic.

They shouldnt have added those kinds of cut-scenes and voice acting to make it a friendlier game.

I don't see the franchise going back now however.

Controls were good though.

Played another hour today and controls getting much better now. Just got the Hypermode ability.

It's true the voice acting, and the other characters in the game ruin it a bit. They seem out of place, and are not well done. Character models are weak. The other hunters also should perhaps not been in it.

The Ridley fight was pretty cool just now.

I really rated Prime 1 as you can see from my Sig, and Echoes too, but I completed neither, so it will be interesting to see how I do in this.

Corruption is piss (difficulty wise), so I wouldn't worry. There's one Cell that people have trouble with getting but other than that it's a breeze.

I was on the Gandrayda boss on hyper difficulty, tried it once, almost beat her, but then I started playing other games and I haven't felt compelled to play it again right now.

The other 2 I jumped at the chance to play through again.

curruption was class, not as good as 3

Yeah, Metroid Prime: Corruption was way better than Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

He probably meant corruption isnt as good as 2:echoes, in which case I would agree, despite most people being in favour of Vice versa.

Personally my fave is Prime 1, but I thought Echose first 8 - 10 hrs I spent on it was just as great. The dark world bits were not so great and I guess made the game much harder.

Bryyo has alreasy proven how great Retro are in their level design. The art and graphics in this world are top notch.

Bryyo has alreasy proven how great Retro are in their level design. The art and graphics in this world are top notch.

Trust me it gets better. Waaay better. Some astounding level design in later levels.

Astounding? Other than controls nothing in Corruption can be described by that word.

Prime 1 & 2 had wayyy better design. Well, Prime did anyhow.

Astounding? Other than controls nothing in Corruption can be described by that word.

Prime 1 & 2 had wayyy better design. Well, Prime did anyhow.

The level design in

is astounding. I don't really hype about the controls because they just work the way they should but intricacy in the environments and attention to detail is nothing short of excellent. Don't let your blind allegiance to one game, affect the fact that 3 is still bloody good.

It isn't blind though, I can tell that Corruption is uninspired. They tried to make something different but to me it looks bland compared to the rest of the series.

Skyworld was plain and I can't even remember the names of the other places.

well, i liked a lot of sky town, swinging was great, and the valhalla was breathtaking. i love it, plain and simple. no idea how you dont rate it highly, but live and let live, if you dont like it you dont like it.

i loved the number of set peices in the game. the bomb drop and escape in sky town was unreal, reall did panic at the end.

Actually I enjoyed Corruption the most out of the three. First of all, the Space Pirates felt much more like a highly developed lifeform that is actually doing something other than hanging from the ceiling waiting for Samus to come into range.

Then especially in MP1 I thought everything was a fun park for Samus but not actual architecture a civilisation would really use.

And you were completely alone, shooting insects and plants. Now in the third it's a living universe that depends on you and there are other people around also doing something and actually trying to and making a change.

^All of that is why I prefer MP1, doesn't matter if it suits Samus's skills.

Just finished the Rundus battle and got the ice missles. stupidly tried to fight him with normal weoponry.

Then later went into hypermode, and ended up getting corrupted and dying. Happened twice already. They don't give you long in hypermode before its too late. Havent worked out how that really works yet.

I'll stick with the controls although it's harder in that you have to aim even with targeting.

What i do like is the fact you can call your ship and save.

Don't know if you already know this but:

a) You can turn off the 'manual aiming while locked on' feature. It's in the control options somewhere. I forget the name, but if you turn it off, the controls feel much more like the previous two games.

b) You can sometimes call your ship to perform bombing runs against enemies. If you're fighting enemies in an outdoor area, it's worth using the ship visor to see if you can bomb them.

hmm... i dropped it wayyyyyy back.. I think I was so annoyed by the lack of a savepoint just before some major "battle".. it took me about 15 minutes to get back to that battle when i died.. so I just dropped the game. I have no patience for that sort of thing.

I guess I prefer this to the other two as I actaully finished this one.

You'll never get the "jaw-dropping" moments in sequals, it doesn't mean they're not better games though. Had MP3 been released first you would probably have preferred it over the others.