NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I did, that's not the point. The point is you said "and Metroid as... FPA?" The 3 dots, the interrogation point, you see what I mean? The 3rd sentence doesn't mean dick after this. ;)

Metroid is Metroid, period. People get very confused with this FPS/FPA idea. Why? Metroid is what Metroid has always been from the begining, the Prime series didn't change a fucking thing. Your second sentence there makes no sense because of what I just said.

The whole FPS thing is absurd. I don't understand why people get so hot under the collar about it. The Prime series whether you call it and FPS or an FPA is the Prime series.

On another note, one thing I wanted to explore more of in MP3 was the Icey side of the Lizard planet.

Metroid is Metroid, period. People get very confused with this FPS/FPA idea. Why? Metroid is what Metroid has always been from the begining, the Prime series didn't change a fucking thing. Your second sentence there makes no sense because of what I just said.

So....what you're saying is that Metroid isn't an Adventure game? :wtf:

No, I'm criticizing the disdain Maase showed in his sentence. There are tools for writing, the ones he used (the 3 dots followed by a question mark) show disdain and confusion towards Metroid, as if he thinks Metroid should be something else. But the Metroid Prime series is exactly what Metroid has always been. I'm surprised I'm having to explain this so thoroughly...

I used the ... and the ? to say that there where two adventure games of Nintendo, and i don't like that, i mean, there are so many thing diferents, plataformers, strategy, war, and then, two adventures ;)

That's why i think that the Metroid should be a FPS, Nintendo hasn't any X_X

And Square Enix have to turn Dragon quest into a fighting game, and Kingdom heart into a racing game.

Haha! See, but that's where you're dead wrong! ;) If they turned Metroid into an FPS it would be 100% Fan Rape. Did you play any of the 2D Metroids, from NES and SNES? Metroid Prime feels exactly like Super Metroid.

I would also like some kind of a cool FPS, but Metroid is not it.

I know about Super Metroid/Metroid, don't worry

I continue to think that it wouldn't be any bad turning Metroid in a FPS, but i am not saying i don't like this Metroid Prime, lol.

I defused the shield, my guys are invading the Pirates Homeworld, now i have to go to General, i hope its not other Genebra (or WTF that's called)

Dwarf Gourami has cracked, he's showing signs of being dellusional! lol

I love the game Donald Duck Quack Attack. Bloody awesome game, get this instead of corruption.

The whole FPS thing is absurd. I don't understand why people get so hot under the collar about it.

Indeed. In fact, I tend to think of Metroid Prime as a FPX i.e. it's in a category all on its own (it doesn't matter what the 'X' stands for).

I used the ... and the ? to say that there where two adventure games of Nintendo, and i don't like that, i mean, there are so many thing diferents, plataformers, strategy, war, and then, two adventures ;)

No, just... no.

Why do they need FPSs? Is it some sort of industry requirement?

i think its difficult for people to break their schema that fp veiw and guns equal an fps.

while i love metroid for what it is, i could see sucessfull introduction of more fps elements, weaker grunts that die in a single shot, rapid fire weapons and the like, but then this would be kinda like selling out, why do we need these fps elements when prime has been the best game trillogy in a decade?

No, just... no.

Why do they need FPSs? Is it some sort of industry requirement?

Almost yeah. FPS is the biggest genre currently, Nintendo should want to be represented in that by something other than Red Steel. I'd love to see Nintendo/second party's take on the genre.

They should by no means use Metroid for it though.

Well, for me personally, Metroid Prime fulfills both my Metroid fix and my FPS fix. It isn't a traditional FPS, but I don't care what's it called, I love it. There are other FPS games that blend genres, like Deus Ex, so I don't see why Metroid Prime can't be another example of such great games.

I'd love to see a more traditional FPS Metroid game in the form of a Wii Metroid Prime Hunters though. I'll probably be in the minority, but I'd love to see this as a spin-off, especially since a new (normal) console Metroid game probably won't be out for quite some time. Everyone who doesn't like it can ignore it, all the FPS gamers can have a blast. I would love to see more FPS games in general, multiplayer especially, since my PC is too old to handle any recent game unfortunately. I love the aspect of 32 players online in MOH II, but I've had enough of WW II, so I'll pass on that game. Metroid Prime Hunters Wii would be excellent.

Anyway, back to MP III, I've started a new session recently, doing Veteran this time. I got "stuck" on the Ridley morphball tube bit, I wanted to get that bonus, but not getting hit once is damn anoying. And doing another attempt takes much time. I finally gave up, and just got on with it. Did the real fight, he seemed a harder, but I forgot how I was doing on normal (aka easy). I've done most of Bryo as well, did the Icemen boss, which was a lot easier this time around, surprisingly enough.Maybe because I have more experience, but probably because I spammed hypermode, which I was reluctant to use in my first run.. I fought him normally 'till halfway his health he starts getting anoying, at that point it took just discharge of hyper phazonbeams..

I quit right before disabling the seed shield, and right after I realized that again I forgot to scan the Meta Ridley fucker! Grr. I did get that Huzzar guy though. Oh well, I'll save Meta Ridley for when (if?) I attempt hypermode.

Anyway, Mogenar is next on my list, I wonder how tough he is on veteran.

Finished the game :)

The first part i loved, was epic as hell, second part was epic too, third part was disapointed... i was hoping a giant monster à lá Colossus, and after all, is just the head from the previous boss, still, was epic

I liked the game, the only part i hated was the Energy Cells, i hate finding things, lol

I think Metroid Prime has enough FPS elements to give me my FPS fix. I've never really liked the FPS genre anyway.

So everyone wouldnt mind seeing a Metroid-Style GTA game, cutting out any puzzles and platforming, but adding loads of weapons and maybe a bit more gore. That seems to b lacking in Metroid.

Super Metroid is a lot more scary than any Prime game.

So everyone wouldnt mind seeing a Metroid-Style GTA game, cutting out any puzzles and platforming, but adding loads of weapons and maybe a bit more gore. That seems to b lacking in Metroid.

no%20u.jpg

Mostly because there are other games for that, but not that many other games which can deliver the Metroid experience.

I liked the game, the only part i hated was the Energy Cells, i hate finding things, lol

That's because you're doing it wrong! (And lots of people)

Games like Zelda and Metroid aren't meant to be played start->finish, they're about exploration and you end up doing the main quest in the way, specially in Metroid's case. For example, I was constantly exploring to find new power ups and I found the energy cells without having to look for them. Same with the Keys in MP2 and Artifacts in MP1, and the charts in WW. It's much more fun this way and that's how I always play my game.

Of course when I say you're doing it wrong, it's a matter of taste, I'm obviously joking, but I really think you can get the most out of games by playing them like this.

^Id agree with that, apart from Echoes where the keys were just plain annoying. I think Corruption was the worst in the series, even though it was still really good.

Didnt have the atmosphere of the others and felt no-where near as epic. Partly because there was very little exploration and that the bosses had the exact same arena each time.

There was a lot that was added to corruption that hindered it, such as adding the other hunters.

Samus is better off as a solo artist not a crappy band.

That's because you're doing it wrong! (And lots of people)

Games like Zelda and Metroid aren't meant to be played start->finish, they're about exploration and you end up doing the main quest in the way, specially in Metroid's case. For example, I was constantly exploring to find new power ups and I found the energy cells without having to look for them. Same with the Keys in MP2 and Artifacts in MP1, and the charts in WW. It's much more fun this way and that's how I always play my game.

Of course when I say you're doing it wrong, it's a matter of taste, I'm obviously joking, but I really think you can get the most out of games by playing them like this.

Completely agree, by the time I needed the energy cells I only had 3 left to find.

I Just won this game on Ebay. What can I expect? I'm a massive fan of Prime 1 & 2 although not completed either.

Can't wait to play this.

I Just won this game on Ebay. What can I expect? I'm a massive fan of Prime 1 & 2 although not completed either.

Can't wait to play this.

I just got back into it recently and its great it really is.