NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Just beat Hellios. Am absolutely loving every moment. However what was especially awesome was:

When you walked past all the Metroids in the tanks, got the seaker missiles and the lights went out. Was coping well with the Metroids, then five of them jumped on me! Another great moment.

After reading or else you will DIE's Pros and Cons i thought id post some as well.

Pros

Controls are great.

Great use of Wiimote at times.

Using the ship to travel is ace.

Buying stuff is a fantastic idea.

Some good tunes.

Cons

Still Doesnt push the Wii's graphics at all.

The ending was very chessey.

Voice acting was Horrible.

No proper Snow planet.

Whether you want to believe it or not, this is pushing Wii graphics. A team like Retro would never let some amazing amount of extra power go too waste, they're too talented, they'd make use of every drop.

Galaxy is the only game out there that looks visually better than Prime 3 and I'm very confident that has almost everything to do with the smaller areas, which have a much larger focus on good lighting and sharp textures than high polycounts, which is more what the Prime games are about.

I'm at the "fetch quest" now and I have to say the item hint system is pretty unforgivable to have in a Metroid game. Really don't get why they decided to add a feature that lets you know where every missing item is, even on harder difficulty modes. Sort of defeats the point of earning 100%.

Whether you want to believe it or not, this is pushing Wii graphics. A team like Retro would never let some amazing amount of extra power go too waste, they're too talented, they'd make use of every drop.

Galaxy is the only game out there that looks visually better than Prime 3 and I'm very confident that has almost everything to do with the smaller areas, which have a much larger focus on good lighting and sharp textures than high polycounts, which is more what the Prime games are about.

I'm at the "fetch quest" now and I have to say the item hint system is pretty unforgivable to have in a Metroid game. Really don't get why they decided to add a feature that lets you know where every missing item is, even on harder difficulty modes. Sort of defeats the point of earning 100%.

Yeah retro have a nack for pushing a console to it's limit early on. I mean, look at prime' we didn't see anything better until Resi 4.

Does anyone know how the friend voucher system works in this game? I sent Shadow, Redshell and Flameboy vouchers and it still says they havent recieved them. Both Redshell and Flameboys names are in black so I dont understand what the problem is.

Also, Echo and Din PMed me as they have added me to their FL on the Wii so I added them yet when I boot up MP3 their names dont show up.

Any help to these problems?

Thanks

I got your token when I went on a few hours ago, I even sent you some back :heh:

I tihnk before they show up or appear, they have to play their game and save it, that's my theory on why their names aren't black yet, I could be wrong.

Everyone is finishing the game so quickly. :p I just got to the second landing site on Elysia.

Also, Echo and Din PMed me as they have added me to their FL on the Wii so I added them yet when I boot up MP3 their names dont show up.

It could be that they haven't configured the Friend Code setting in the options of Prime 3. Although now that I think about it Din's name did show up on my game.

My right hand hurts after playing this game intensly for a couple of hours. Nintendo should have made the Wii-mote a bit more ergonomical.

I sometimes hit myself when I throw that Grapple Lasso and when I go to bring it back, I hit just beneath my right collar bone :heh:

I don't seem to learn my lesson much.

Just looked and your name shows up on mine in black. I've just sent you a friend voucher, let me know if you get it.

Just got the game today, and the result of an hour of game is... positive. I'm getting used to the controlls, they really are better than previous primes, graple beam was the exclusive thing, until now, that made me say: "Wow". The game seems a lot less confuser, than other primes, and more "one goal way". I am liking it, i believe it will kick my ass xD

My right hand hurts after playing this game intensly for a couple of hours. Nintendo should have made the Wii-mote a bit more ergonomical.

How are you sitting while playing?

I can't believe the speed some of you are managing to get through this.

I have only just finished at Elysia and have already clocked up 15 hours on my file. I know that I like to take my time but I think this may be a bit extreme.

Still enjoying every minute of this so far and it's the first game in what seems like ages that has really grabbed me (grapple beam style) by the dangly bits.

Ok, the graple beam is no more exclusive's "wow". Hypermode has join the party! What a own... love it... really do! The game is getting a lot better. Love Samus with her ped device, i'm ansious to see how this new planet is. The tunes are getting better, but they're not catchy like James McGeachie told me before... Although, i'm still at the game's beggining. Also, i'm feeling a lot more confortable with the gameplay! It's good... g00d! xD.

Now i know... it was a good purchase, no doubt ;)

I have only just finished at Elysia and have already clocked up 15 hours on my file.7

Bloody hell, I scan and read virtually everything I see and I'm at just like 17 hours or so with 100% and just about to go to the final area. You must really like to examine the environments or something.

44% of items now, really enjoying it; it's a shame I'm probably over halfway through the game already. I don't want it to end!

Thanks for the help and tokens guys. I will send some back when I get up as I have just got in from work.

This game is incredible. The controls never fail to amaze me, everytime I open a door with the wiimote I cant but smile every...single...time!

Also, does anyone want to swap friend vouchers with me?

Just defeated Ghor. He was so easy compared to that bloody boss on Bryyo in the seed thing (Mogenor or something like that).

Been playing a bit of this and i am liking the game so far. I love using the grappling beam to pull panels off. I'm only up to Bryyo, and I am scanning like crazy. Seems like every room I enter, I put on the scan visor.

Anyone want to exchange Friend Vouchers, please PM me, and I'll give you my Wii code.

About the energy cell quest...

Why were IGN complaining about it? I have most of them already - Just got the third beam upgrade - and I haven't even been looking for them.

Does anyone want to trade 5 Friend Vouchers with me (for 5 in return)? I would really like the ship bonus extras. Just send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

I just got the hazard shield, in the concept art Samus actually has a small shield on her left arm. Shame they didn't keep it since it looked very cool.

Apparently when you start the game again after completing it (on the same profile) you keep all your scans. Which is awesome.

God this game is amazing. Whoever says the graphics aren't much better than MP2 clearly doesnt know his stuff.

Also, the controls are damn intuitive.

I played it for about 2 hours non-stop today and got much further into it! Somedays the game makes sense and isn't complicated and i don't get stuck, others i go back to it and have no-idea what i'm doing and get completely lost!

I don't wanna use a walkthrough so it's taking me ages :D

Who cares though?! When a game is this good, who wants to rush and finish it?

The graphics are STUNNING, espicially Sky Town (which i'm now finishing in) Some sections in the game have loads of 'wow' factor. :yay:

About the energy cell quest...

Why were IGN complaining about it? I have most of them already - Just got the third beam upgrade - and I haven't even been looking for them.

They complained not about the quest itself really, but the fact it says "recorded to logbook" and they weren't checking the descriptions at the time. The descriptions of the cells are actually in the inventory, not the logbook, which is the issue they had as it as confusing. A couple of them would be annoying to find without any idea where they were.

Completed the game now 100%. Phaaze as a whole was a pain in the ass, though I liked the first Dark Samus fight. The Aurora unit fights on the other hand were a bit bland and didn't really feel fitting for the end of an epic trilogy, I was hoping Dark Samus would reform into Metroid Prime for the true final battle. Shame there was no escape sequence either, the end was a tad anticlimatic, even with the 100% ending.

Interesting that Samus is shown being tailed at the end though, I wonder if that maybe is a hint towards future Metroid projects or if it's just suggesting Samus' adventures dont end here. I don't really want to see anything more taking place between Metroid 1 and 2 though or hell, you'd think Samus would've drastically aged by the time she eventually went to SR388.

Anyway good game though I do feel a tad disappointed thinking that since it was so easy to get 100%, there really isn't much left replayability wise, unless I want 100% scans or to try Hyper mode, both of which aren't motivating me a huge deal.