NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

THIS IS SPARTA! loled.... I mean.... ok, yep. It's kind of madness! It's seems casual gamers are growing a lot lately... or... MP3 is not being that good, lol :\

just one week to go man ill get this the same day it comes out ,

and for wii play its also for kids Grandmas grandpa's who like to play those games even handicaps play those games , here in hospitals they even play these games so i think thats the reason wii play has more sales

Shadows Completion Report:

With Metroid Prime 3 in my hands in a matter of days, I question whether I can complete Super Metroid,Prime 1 and Prime 2 before the trilogy is complete. I have yet to start a Prime and whether or not I can make it in time is becoming harder to imagine. Can I do it? All sources point to,no, no I can't.

Shadows Completion Report:

With Metroid Prime 3 in my hands in a matter of days, I question whether I can complete Super Metroid,Prime 1 and Prime 2 before the trilogy is complete. I have yet to start a Prime and whether or not I can make it in time is becoming harder to imagine. Can I do it? All sources point to,no, no I can't.

Considering Prime 1 and 2 take 20 hours or so each to complete, do the math.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Don't give up now! Oh wait, you haven't even started so there's nothing to give up.

On the Galaxy Vs Halo topic, I made a prediction that Galaxy will not sell as much as Halo, one of my reasons was the fact that there are now a lot more of these casual gamers with Wiis and maybe they are only just all about the casual party games and a game like Galaxy may be a bit too grand for them...

With Metroid my point shines through, that a demo-like waggle-tastic game like PLAY can outsell a masterpiece of a game which is also the grande finale of a trilogy!

I mean lets be honest; how/why the hell are Wiis selling at such an absurd rate? What are the games that are drawing in the customers?

It comes with a cheap Wii-mote people... people need more than one, they buy Wii Play!!!! Wii Play will sell as long as it's the only thing you get a Wii-mote with!!!

On the Galaxy Vs Halo topic, I made a prediction that Galaxy will not sell as much as Halo, one of my reasons was the fact that there are now a lot more of these casual gamers with Wiis and maybe they are only just all about the casual party games and a game like Galaxy may be a bit too grand for them...

With Metroid my point shines through, that a demo-like waggle-tastic game like PLAY can outsell a masterpiece of a game which is also the grande finale of a trilogy!

I mean lets be honest; how/why the hell are Wiis selling at such an absurd rate? What are the games that are drawing in the customers?

Surely your prediction is flawed by the fact MP3 is selling faster then the first two did on GameCube though? :/.

WiiPlay is a bit of an unfair comparison, it's sort of been the game people just buy with the console so they have a second WiiMote. I bought it, and I'm no casual gamer, as did my mates, and probably many people on this forum.

I'm fairly sure Metroid will become the best selling in the trilogy. I think it has plenty of times where sales will boost accordingly (SMG release, Xmas Rush, SSBB release and when it goes platinum edition.)

Surely your prediction is flawed by the fact MP3 is selling faster then the first two did on GameCube though? :/.

Maybe because its on a more favourable console? Maybe because its better advertised? (Wii preview channel et al).

My plan to finish Baten Kaitos Origins, Primes and Super Metroid before Prime 3 ha failed. No where near the end of Origins and i'll likely get the game on Wednesday so I really need to start Prime 1 tonight if I want to have any chance of completing them both.

Should be fun.

Maybe because its on a more favourable console? Maybe because its better advertised? (Wii preview channel et al).

GameCube had a larger userbase when MP2 was released (19.2 Million) and both MP1 and MP2 had a TV advertising campaign, as well as being released closer to the Christmas rush with less competition on the market.

You can't seriously tell me that the Wii Preview channel is a real form of advertising. It's surely about as effective as IGN or someone posting the video on their media section.

GameCube had a larger userbase when MP2 was released (19.2 Million) and both MP1 and MP2 had a TV advertising campaign, as well as being released closer to the Christmas rush with less competition on the market.

Yeah but the advertising campaign was rubbish and lets not forget the fact that Nintendo were being lazy and made MP2 60Hz only, exclusing a lot of people from playing it.

Ladies and gents...How the hell did Wii PLAY outsell Corruption this month in America? This is madness!

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/828/828481p1.html

That is madness, THAT IS AMERICA*kicks texas hillbilly down botomless pit*.

Seriously, though, I think the game would've done much better with a multiplayer mode.

Yeah, the multiplayer sucked in MP2, but it would quite logically be better on the Wii. Why? Let me list the facts:

New aim system "no lockon and buttonmash anymore", ONLINE (allthough the previous fact alone would make the multiplayer 10x better), 16 players. I mean, it could be thrown in quickly, like in Goldeneye. A two week delay would be worth it!

A two week delay would be worth it!

Please tell me you're being silly right? A decent multiplayer couldn't possibly be doine in 2 weeks. Even the slightest round of testing on the internet connection system alone would take that long.

Please tell me you're being silly right? A decent multiplayer couldn't possibly be doine in 2 weeks. Even the slightest round of testing on the internet connection system alone would take that long.

The multiplayer in Goldeneye took ONE WEEK to develop. And back in those days the dev teams werent half as big as the modern ones. Plus that basically all the modes and maps could be recycled from MP2 in this case. Two weeks, maybe a bit more. And allso, if the multiplayer would contain bugs, you could patch it. This is the Wii, which has a 512 MB harddrive (ok, flash memory, but whats the friggin difference).

I don't think that there's any chance of patching occuring in that sense on the Wii. And seriously, you can't make a mode like that in a week. Just no chance at all. As for Golden Eye then its either pure myth (thats my bet) or pure damn luck. If it is true, then I think much less of them as a developer instantly.

The multiplayer in Goldeneye took ONE WEEK to develop.

That was only good because it was one of the very first multiplayer FPS games (If not the first. I can't be bothered checking).

That was only good because it was one of the very first multiplayer FPS games (If not the first. I can't be bothered checking).

Nope.

On consoles maybe, but on PC people were playing Doom on LAN and Quake online years before.

Nope.

On consoles maybe, but on PC people were playing Doom on LAN and Quake online years before.

Yeah but lets face it... what's easier? Getting multiple PCs in the same area let alone networked, or plugging an extra coupla pads into the N64?

Yeah but lets face it... what's easier? Getting multiple PCs in the same area let alone networked, or plugging an extra coupla pads into the N64?

For me, playing 16/32(can't remember the max at the time) player quake online was much easier as I didn't own a N64. And worked in an internet cafe at the time.

It's only recently that I got the hang of playing FPS's on a control pad, and goldeneye whilst being good, I never held in the same light as mulitplayer quake. So fast, so hectic, so much fun.

I think with quake it was closer to the other way around with the multiplayer being the main focus and the single player took a back seat. Hence the first demo/beta released was an online multiplayer one, and the single player wasn't that great.

I don't think that there's any chance of patching occuring in that sense on the Wii. And seriously, you can't make a mode like that in a week. Just no chance at all. As for Golden Eye then its either pure myth (thats my bet) or pure damn luck. If it is true, then I think much less of them as a developer instantly.

Errr...

Most goldeneye multiplayer maps were reused singleplayer maps, then there was like four low detailed maps with reused textures. If they'd use a lot of time on it, there wouldn't be the legendary "knee skating". Rare found themselves finishing the game a week or two ahead of scedule, so they decided to throw in a multiplayer.

And like I said before, Retro would have lots of stuff from the MP2 multiplayer for free, since the Wii uses nearly identical devkits and programming languages. They'd get maps, modes, models, the code for running the game in splitscreen. All they'd have to change would be the controlls to MP3 standards (which perhaps would come for free, as they've applied it to the singleplayer mode), and add the online part. An entire devteam could do that in a day, and then another week or a bit more to get it running smoothly. Sure, it wouldn't be Halo 3 multiplayer or Unreal Touenament, but it would stimulate sales, and basically fill an empty space in the Wii library, and of course give MP3 a more long lasting appeal. And, as you might remember, the GE multiplayer was a rushed thing to pass the time, and yet it was the most popular console deathmatch game of that generation.

Patching games and storing large portions of the games has been done before. It happened in some games on the Xbox. And even if it would take another MONTH to make a functioning multiplayer, it would still be worth it!

Hopefully my birthday will provide me with the money needed to get this game on Friday! :D

as at the moment i haven't got any. :(

And like I said before, Retro would have lots of stuff from the MP2 multiplayer for free, since the Wii uses nearly identical devkits and programming languages. They'd get maps, modes, models, the code for running the game in splitscreen. All they'd have to change would be the controlls to MP3 standards (which perhaps would come for free, as they've applied it to the singleplayer mode), and add the online part. An entire devteam could do that in a day, and then another week or a bit more to get it running smoothly. Sure, it wouldn't be Halo 3 multiplayer or Unreal Touenament, but it would stimulate sales, and basically fill an empty space in the Wii library, and of course give MP3 a more long lasting appeal. And, as you might remember, the GE multiplayer was a rushed thing to pass the time, and yet it was the most popular console deathmatch game of that generation.

Patching games and storing large portions of the games has been done before. It happened in some games on the Xbox. And even if it would take another MONTH to make a functioning multiplayer, it would still be worth it!

You have to understand that it doesn't work that way. Metroid Prime 3 was not meant to have a multiplayer; its design doesn't allow for the simple copy paste of code you're suggesting. Finally, a game needs to have been designed to be patched, and I very much doubt that MP3 has had that.

Finally, multiplayer like that is poor and it wouldn't help for more sales. Metroid is not that kind of game.

That "Metroid is not meant for multiplayer" argument is just a poor excuse in my opinion.