NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Apparently each boss is effectively triple locked, guess this means triple locked in the skills you need to reach them...so perhaps certain weapons to open certain doors etc...

I heard some sequence breaks have been found already, at least one powerup was already skipped I believe. I don't know the details though, but I hope they aren't fixing it for us.

Still trying to complete echoes lol. Im on the grapple gaurdian atm. Died just now but think I can kill him next time I had him down to 0 health basically he just caught me with that grapple attack hes quite a fun boss acually compared to that boost bastard! lol

Just wanted to say im really enjoying this game and although I prefer prime 1 I think echoes this is quite underated on the net and sales wise etc.

I really couldn't get into Metroid Prime...But I would really like to get into Corruption. I just can't really stand games from a first-person perspective, now if this games was to be in thrid-person...an entirely different story.

Anyone on the same boat as me? Or am I crazy for not seeing the magic in the Metroid Prime Series?

I really couldn't get into Metroid Prime...But I would really like to get into Corruption. I just can't really stand games from a first-person perspective, now if this games was to be in thrid-person...an entirely different story.

Anyone on the same boat as me? Or am I crazy for not seeing the magic in the Metroid Prime Series?

I wasn't a fan of first person games either (I'm still not actually), and I didn't really expect anything great about Metroid Prime. But after reading some glowing review I decided to buy it and I was hooked, but to each his own I guess. Not everyone has to like the series.

I find metroid prime the type of game that takes me a year or two to complete. As I kinda do a bit then get a bit bored or stuck play some other stuff and come back in a month. I really love the games and are in my top games ever but I dont like playing them all the time. Just beat that sicko grapple boss thing by shooting him in the mouth not sure how that worked! But now im lost where to go so yeh may be time to give it a rest lol. Yep ive owned echoes since its come out and ive got this far....

yeh i bought Games TM today because the review for MP3 seemed more in depth than the Edge one even though I still regard Edge as the best games mag out there. Edge reviewed Metroid as 7, the same score they gave that new john woo game, have no idea what its like but Prime 3 surely has to be the superior game?

There is also a good retro piece on Metroid Prime, probably the best Cube game, if only I hadn't lost the disc. :(

yeh i bought Games TM today because the review for MP3 seemed more in depth than the Edge one even though I still regard Edge as the best games mag out there. Edge reviewed Metroid as 7, the same score they gave that new john woo game, have no idea what its like but Prime 3 surely has to be the superior game?

There is also a good retro piece on Metroid Prime, probably the best Cube game, if only I hadn't lost the disc. :(

I think Edges problem is that it does veer from the traditional Metroid formula perhaps a little too much for their liking. I dug out the review of Prime 1 and the biggest praise they had for it was how close it was to the 2D games.... and such like...whereas three does break from this mould in some respects...different planets...halo like opening...fighting alongside others...

Still battling through with Metroid Prime 2....I doubt I will complete it...took me hears to do the first one....

I say you're in the crazy boat with a few others! Haha, only kidding, sorry! Each to their own eh?! : peace:

Metroid Prime is probably the closest thing to Ocarina of Time in terms of greatness in my eyes! Game of last generation for sure!

The Metroid Prime games are the type of games I can replay to no end, not trying to beat my time or anything, I just think they're so wonderful to play... even if I know exactly what to do!

I beat each of the first two Primes within a couple days of getting them (approx 20hrs each with a good deal of exploration and scanning - 100% items), only because I didn't put the pad down except for sleeping and eating... oh and of course going to the toilet!

I LOVE these games! Perfect transition from 2D to 3D in my eyes!

Or am I crazy for not seeing the magic in the Metroid Prime Series?

Mad as a hatter! :bouncy:

Nah, kav82 is right, especially when it comes to Metroid. You either love it, or hate it. It has a rather niche-feel to it. Always has.

True, I bought GamesTM too, and both the review and the Retro-feature are very good. MP3 got the same score as Halo 3, which is fair. Truth be told, I usually trust Edge, but after reading the reviews of last issue, I'm left bewilderd. Not just MP3, but Halo 3, Strangehold, etc. Mighty odd!

I can understand why people don't get into Metroid. When Prime first game out I played it for like 15 hours and then just started to tire of it as my percentage was only on like 20%. But then a few months later got back into and loved it...

Now playing Metroid Prime 2 for the first time and god it is awesome. I'm so excited for Corruption now....

I've never played Metroid Prime 2, although it's an objective. People say the first one is better, but i want to understand better the triology. Unfortunately, i don't know if i'll have time to play before getting Corruption.

I can understand why people don't get into Metroid. When Prime first game out I played it for like 15 hours and then just started to tire of it as my percentage was only on like 20%. But then a few months later got back into and loved it.

I'm exactly the same. First play through, i hated Prime. Second time around? I played it non stop for a day till i finished it.

The Prime series has suffered from what I dub "Ocarinaoftimeitis". Metroid Prime 1 was such a good game for its time, the series subsequent releases (including Corruption), just haven't been able to match it overall.

Kid Icarus Wii will automatically score highly on the basis of freshness, something which is extremely difficult to replicate with multiple releases...

One thing I wanna know about trilogy is;

Does it ever make it clear in MP2 that Dark Samus is derived from Samus' encounter with Metroid Prime at the end of the first game? Or are we just to assume it is? I mean thats what I'm assuming seems to make sense from the ending of the first game...

One thing I wanna know about trilogy is;

Does it ever make it clear in MP2 that Dark Samus is derived from Samus' encounter with Metroid Prime at the end of the first game? Or are we just to assume it is? I mean thats what I'm assuming seems to make sense from the ending of the first game...

They never explicitly said Dark Samus was Metroid Prime. But that's the only logical conclusion you can make IMO, she doesn't appear out of nowhere. Dark Samus = Metroid Prime, I'm 100% sure of it.

Flameboy, I don't really remember if that is implied or explicit in MP2, but I just wanted to say that MP2's story is kinda more difficult to follow than MP1's because of the total shit menu redesign they made for 2. In the 1st one you had the logs in order, so you could read them chronologically, but in 2 I have no idea which one is first and which one is last, so I can't really read the story cause the menu doesn't give an order, they're just there for you to pick at random. The titles don't make it explicit enough to know an order.

Plus, you don't really get the logs in chronological order in the Prime games, so a menu like the 1st one (which the 3rd one got back, I believe) is much needed to be able to know where you're at.

The menus in 2 really looked cool, but were ultimately shit for organization. It can be seen as an analogy for pretty graphics on shit games. They look good, but that don't mean nothing.

I can't remember if it has confirmed it or not but we don't need logs for that when we pretty much see it for ourselves at the end of Prime 1. The trilogy is mostly about the destruction of Prime/Dark Samus. Why else would they keep calling it prime if prime was dead, who else would the arm that emerger belong to.

Dark Samus offcourse. It's pretty much confirmed that it's Metroid Prime.

ive had metriod prime 3 for weeks, what can i say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!, its of of the best 1ps ever made, i have halo3 love it to bits, but its not in metriod prime 3's class, gameplay, story, controls, graphics all better on mp3 imo.

if i had to score them both ,

Metriod Prime 3 %98

Halo 3 95%

Flameboy, I don't really remember if that is implied or explicit in MP2, but I just wanted to say that MP2's story is kinda more difficult to follow than MP1's because of the total shit menu redesign they made for 2. In the 1st one you had the logs in order, so you could read them chronologically, but in 2 I have no idea which one is first and which one is last, so I can't really read the story cause the menu doesn't give an order, they're just there for you to pick at random. The titles don't make it explicit enough to know an order.

Plus, you don't really get the logs in chronological order in the Prime games, so a menu like the 1st one (which the 3rd one got back, I believe) is much needed to be able to know where you're at.

The menus in 2 really looked cool, but were ultimately shit for organization. It can be seen as an analogy for pretty graphics on shit games. They look good, but that don't mean nothing.

I agree about the menus didnt have a clue how to use them at first...

One thing I think any future metroid titles would benefit from is a Bioshock style tape recorder to listen to...

What's the best place to pre order from guys?

Also, are there any coupons for choicesuk or gameplay out there?

True that. It's just 13 days from the release date and we don't know anything about the channels... I hate NoE