NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

ive halo 3 and im a bit dissapointed in the solo missions story mode i expected alot more

for the online mode that rocks i love that part

its too bad metroid doesnt support online multiplayer but still i will buy it it looks awesome

WHo the hell takes EDGE's scores seriously.

I mean, they scored Halo 10. I don't know if 3 blends 3 multi and single perfectly, bu the first one sure didnt enough to deserve a 10.

Willing to bet that everybody who is slating Halo 3's campaign has either not played it or has played it on normal.

Woah! didn't see that coming! 7 seems a bit too low, considering lack of multiplayer isn't even a real reason! :)

I'm still looking forward to this game! :D

Woah! didn't see that coming! 7 seems a bit too low, considering lack of multiplayer isn't even a real reason! :)

A lack of multiplayer wasn't the reason it got a 7, Edge don't mark games down because of factors like that considering 2 single player games; Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time got 10s.

A lack of multiplayer wasn't the reason it got a 7, Edge don't mark games down because of factors like that considering 2 single player games; Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time got 10s.

What was the reason? :)

Is it in the latest issue? and is it out? if so i'm going to buy it today!

Not exactly a good comparison, nowadays most FPS have multiplayer and with MP3 awesome controls it's pretty much a given that most reviewers want it to have multiplayer

What was the reason? :)

Well to summarise the review:

- At first it seems as though Retro has forgotten everything that makes Metroid Special.

- The Controls are great.

- New characters are designed poorly.

- Too many cutscenes and bad dialogue.

- Good Wii implemented features.

- The beginning seems as though it is trying to re-create the first level of Halo and does a poor job of it.

- The Metroid atmosphere is absent during the first few hours of the game and makes you worry whether Retro have got this game completely wrong.

- Some great set pieces.

- Linear level design in parts.

- Some boss battles are inspired while others are tedious.

- Fortunately the game starts to find its roots when you reach Skytown and delivers that unique Metroid feeling although too late to repair the damage that the earlier levels of the game have done.

- It feels like a disappointing end to a trilogy that begun so brilliantly.

Not one mention of multiplayer.

- At first it seems as though Retro has forgotten everything that makes Metroid Special.

- The beginning seems as though it is trying to re-create the first level of Halo and does a poor job of it.

- The feeling of loneliness is gone.

- Some great set pieces.

- The game starts to find its roots when you reach Skytown and delivers that unique Metroid feeling.

THANKS! :D

that is a great summary. :)

Ok, i should really not jump in without reading the review!

Hmm... i'm still going to get it. :grin: No review will throw me off!

- The feeling of loneliness is gone.

- The game starts to find its roots when you reach Skytown and delivers that unique Metroid feeling.

They contradict themselves...

- The Metroid atmosphere is absent during the first few hours of the game and makes you worry whether Retro have got this game completely wrong.

- Some great set pieces.

- Fortunately the game starts to find its roots when you reach Skytown and delivers that unique Metroid feeling although too late to repair the damage that the earlier levels of the game have done.

Im sorry but most of that is just plan crap.. i mean all of it is except the controls.. if that is what they wrote they need to get a new job.. u are alone 98% of the game.. i enjoyed the new characters and by the end of the game it made me well sad i wont say why but yeah they made me care.. The frist part of the game felt like the start of halo? well halo felt like a starcraft fps.. this is just a halo fanboy doing a metriod review nothing to see here moving along

From what I've heard it seems they didn't like the beginning of the game, just the first few hours I think, and even though it got a lot better they still downgraded it a lot for it.

Metroid Prime 3 - 94

NBA Live 08 - 76

Tiger Woods 08 - 68

Zelda Phantom Hourglass (DS) - 95

Glory Days 2 (DS) - 74

Guily Gear (DS) - 42

Impossible Mission (DS) - 69

Alien Syndrome - 22

Pet Alien (DS) - 69

Heroes of Mana (DS) - 69

Fullmetal Alchemist (DS) - 66

Freshly Picked Tingle Rosy Rupeeland (DS) - 72

King of Clubs - 32)

Luminous Arc (DS) - 84

Ratatouille - 70

Still haven't decided on whenever I will purchase this, I have only played Echoes and didn't njot it very much. Should of had gone for Prime methinks.... The Wii-controls are tempting me to buy this tho :indeed:

I saw all of these things as something good actually. The characters are quite superficial not to take attention away from Samus but also because they are such stereotypes I quickly made the connection and cared for them.

Could be more cut-scenes actually.

It's not recreating Halo it expands on parts that were there in previous games already but are now fully integrated and I always wanted to see exactly that.

However you don't feel that lonely anymore. There's often a bit of communication to show you the way but I found that good. After all you're a hired bounty hunter that happens to save the Galaxy and it would be quite strange if no one ever checked what you were doing.

I think it's one of the best Metroid yet. I thought the previous two were too close to the 2D games formula which was obviously limited by hardware and now it finally brings in some dialogue, more life like environments in the sense that a highly developed race could live there and operate things and I don't have the feeling I shoot stupid bugs whenever I kill a space pirate but fight rather well equipped soldiers of another race.

And something I missed in Zelda TP actually a bit: often I find myself looking around in awe at the pure beauty of the architecture and landscapes and I even cared for my ship. At one point there's a message my ship is being attacked and I got so furious I wanted to kill whoever was doing this. Nobody touches my ship! :heh:

Currently I'm at the final boss with 100% items and roughly 20 hours playtime and I barely didn't kill him. One shot would have sufficed to kill him but I had to remove a plating first however he regained conciousness before I could remove it. Damn, that fight took me more than half an hour and I was really only second too late :(

It seems to me that alot of reviews just want Prime 3 to be a remake of Prime 1. The good news is that Prime 3 can co-exist with Prime 1.

Its different for a reason, and its beautifully realized.

I do agree with some complaints that many of the suit upgrades (i can think of 4 or 5 here) are criminally underused, which i blame on Hypermode

I have Prime 3 and Halo 3,

Halo 3 is an outstanding game , but i think Metriod Prime 3 is better, gameplay,graphics,story all better :) controls are so nice it makes halo using the controller feel so over complicated, only thing halo is better at is having an online mode, big shame on metriod doesnt, but who knows maby 1 day we will get a hunters type wii game with online mode :)

if i had to rate them id score

Halo3 95%

Metriod Prime 3 98%

yes it really is that good! :)

I have Prime 3 and Halo 3,

Halo 3 is an outstanding game , but i think Metriod Prime 3 is better, gameplay,graphics,story all better :) controls are so nice it makes halo using the controller feel so over complicated, only thing halo is better at is having an online mode, big shame on metriod doesnt, but who knows maby 1 day we will get a hunters type wii game with online mode :)

if i had to rate them id score

Halo3 95%

Metriod Prime 3 98%

yes it really is that good! :)

Then you've definetly sucured my pre-order. Halo 3 is in many opinions better. Although I've never played it, thanks for that.

This is surely the most gorgeous game on Wii. No PS2 graphics here, I'm fraid.

If Halo 3 is any where near as shit as Halo 2, then Metroid is probably miles better than it.

I'm a subscriber to Games TM and got my new issue today Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption received 9 out of 10.

Fuck you Edge! : peace:

I'm a subscriber to Games TM and got my new issue today Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption received 9 out of 10.

Fuck you Edge! : peace:

Thats more like it. ;)

Cant believe people actually buy magazines anymore. I see all of the news (unbiased forms often easily found) on the net and I really dont care for game reviews because at the end of the day I'm the one who has to like the game, not them. Only thing I would buy a mag for is the editorials. And you know what... even with the Edge ones, they just arent worth my money.

There is still a certain something about magazines a site can't deliver (no offence, N-Europe). Still, there are some crap mags outthere, like ONM.

I'm definitely going to buy this one. The problem I have with Halo 3 is that, despite playing very, very well, it's that 'played-it-al-before'-very, very well. It's the same controlmethod I've been playing for so many years now, albeit nearly perfected. I crave something new. That's why, despite all it's blatant shortcomings, I really like Red Steel. It's a new way to play, and that what draws me to MP3:C. Well, that and the Metroid-franchise, ofcourse. :wink:

In short: can't wait!

I really dont care for game reviews because at the end of the day I'm the one who has to like the game, not them.

I agree that we are the ones that have to like a game, but come on, you have to have some kind of guidelines or do you just spend €50-€60 on a game you know nothing about just to find out you hate it? I'm talking about new games, not known franchises that we buy automatically like Marios and Zeldas.

Reading or caring for reviews does not mean that you live and die by them. it just means that you get several opinions about a game without having to buy the game. And I'm not talking about the score either, I'm talking about the actual game description a reviewer makes. So even if you read something like "this game has too many cutscenes and that makes it not as appealing" but you know that you love games with lots of cutscenes, now you know that you probably will like this game, even if the reviewer doesn't. So you see, in this example you got something positive out of a negative review, because your taste is different from the reviewer's.

Reviews are merely a means for gamers to make more informed decisions whilst buying their next game. They are not the Law. :)

I agree that we are the ones that have to like a game, but come on, you have to have some kind of guidelines or do you just spend €50-€60 on a game you know nothing about just to find out you hate it? I'm talking about new games, not known franchises that we buy automatically like Marios and Zeldas.

Reading or caring for reviews does not mean that you live and die by them. it just means that you get several opinions about a game without having to buy the game. And I'm not talking about the score either, I'm talking about the actual game description a reviewer makes. So even if you read something like "this game has too many cutscenes and that makes it not as appealing" but you know that you love games with lots of cutscenes, now you know that you probably will like this game, even if the reviewer doesn't. So you see, in this example you got something positive out of a negative review, because your taste is different from the reviewer's.

Reviews are merely a means for gamers to make more informed decisions whilst buying their next game. They are not the Law. :)

Oh I totally agree but more and more I find them less informative and more about hype building. Many shops now do a "if you don't like it, bring it back within a few days" kind of guarantee, which helps solve the prob. I guess I just research using media rather than scores, I rarely read what reviewers have to say anymore.