NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I think i've finished all the Metroid games, apart from Metroid II: Return of Samus and Prime Pinball.

I forced myself to finish Echoes T_T

I think i've finished all the Metroid games, apart from Metroid II: Return of Samus and Prime Pinball.

I forced myself to finish Echoes T_T

I think most people did to be honest. Got repetitive looking for those damn keys.

First Prime was great though.

I think most people did to be honest. Got repetitive looking for those damn keys.

First Prime was great though.

Forced?

Hell no...I loved that game and went through the game with a smile on my face :D

MP3 got a 7 in edge this month apparantly

Yeah it did, and Halo 3 got a 10, the sixth game to ever receive one in Edge. (The original Halo being the 4th)

This is definitely gonna cause some controversy.

that's complete bs though.. I always sued to always trust edge but they seem to review games based on features rather than gameplay..

The original got a ten .........it's not ten worthy honestly.

that's complete bs though.. I always sued to always trust edge but they seem to review games based on features rather than gameplay..

The original got a ten .........it's not ten worthy honestly.

What do you mean by 'features'?

metroid is just a single player game.

halo has multiplayer and on-line ,co op and tons and modes and stuff.

metroid is just a single player game.

halo has multiplayer and on-line ,co op and tons and modes and stuff.

That's maybe why Halo scores better than Metroid then, because of those factors the game has a great lasting appeal to it, while with Metroid you can play it again to go after all the items and scans but that's really it.

Opinions on gameplay aside, wouldn't you say that Halo is the better value for people's money with all its extra 'features' than Metroid when both games are available at the same price?

Therefore reviewers see Halo as the better game because if you like it you'll be playing it for months to come while Metroid will only keep you entertained for one to two weeks.

Opinions on gameplay aside, wouldn't you say that Halo is the better value for people's money with all its extra 'features' than Metroid when both games are available at the same price?

Metroid Prime 3 is £15 cheaper.

Metroid Prime 3 is £15 cheaper.

Its going for £30? Wow bargain.

(Okay maybe Halo 3's RRP is £5 more than Metroid's)

Its going for £30? Wow bargain.

(Okay maybe Halo 3's RRP is £5 more than Metroid's)

Halo 3 RRP: £49.99

Metroid Prime 3 RRP: £34.99

Halo 3 RRP: £49.99

Metroid Prime 3 RRP: £34.99

Sauce?

sauce sauce sauce

Sauce?

sauce sauce sauce

Xbox 360 games have a RRP price of £49.99 and Wii games have a retail price of around £34.99.

Sauce?

sauce sauce sauce

No thanks, I don't have anything to put it on.

Although, if you meant the source, then retailer listings.

Xbox 360 games have a RRP price of £49.99 and Wii games have a retail price of around £34.99.

Nintendo published Wii games are £34.99. 3rd party ones are £39.99.

Huh, okay well I've been seeing all kinds of different ones on games retailers websites, so I just went with the RRPs that popped up the most.

Edge always has and always will be a pretentious pile of wank.

I'd love to see why they gave it a 7 and why Halo 3 got a 10! Would love it!

Despite the £10 difference in RRP between Wii and 360 games. the relative dealer prices are only about £5 different...at work we on average pay £22 for 1st party Nintendo titles and then some 360 games can come in at £27...although some can go up £32...therefore the £10 difference...

Anyway onto Metroid Prime 3's 7/10 in Edge. I can kind of see how this arguement with regards to features can have some weight to it... In this current climate people want the most out of their games and to have a full feature set... it has to have it all, online multiplayer etc... I think Halo 3 perhaps deserves its 10 cos like the first Halo it has raised the bar in a different way however as it has such a complete multiplayer experience, can the same be said for Metroid 3 tho? As we all know Metroid is not about the multiplayer it never has been it never will be...

With this in mind then in comparison to Halo 3's wealth of features, Metroid is lacking in this comparison, despite perhaps being the most comprehensive in the series...

I say don't let the review change your view it certainly hasn't changed my point of view...

The other titles were;

Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Half-Life 2, Gran Turismo, Super Mario 64 and Halo by the way.... So Halo does indeed become the first series to achieve two tens, could Mario repeat the feat later in the year?

Gran Turismo?????

Gran Turismo pretty much created the driving sim genre and outshone all other racers at the time, it was a revolutionary game.

An absolute travesty.

But in all honesty who cares we're all gonna buy it anyway:heh:

So its okay to knock Metroid for having no multiplayer (even though it isnt a mutliplayer game) buts its not okay to knock Halo for a having a disappointing one player?!?!

Edge talk shit, who cares, lets just love both games in their own way.