NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

We'll probably get a demo channel the week before the games launch just like in the America's.

We'll probably get a demo channel the week before the games launch just like in the America's.

Hopefully along with Super Metroid on the VC!

Good question, i forgot to check that but im guessing its about a 20+ hour game and thats finishing it at 80 percent. Newcomers and completists can probabaly squeeze 30 hours out of it

I dont knw 30 hours is alot... I did 100% items and only missing 5 scans.. finished in 17 hours.. second play threw on hyper mode im just flying threw cause i scaned most everything and know the puzzels... so 30 hours seems like alot even for a new player

so 30 hours seems like alot even for a new player

Depends on the way each person plays. I like to take my time with games. I finished MP1 in 28 hours, MP2 in 34 hours and Zelda TP in 90 hours. :) I don't spend money on games to finish them in 2 or 3 days.

There was an area in Bryyo that stumped me due to a well-hidden passageway that i needed to take to progress

There was another area in Skytown that killed my time because of another not-so-obvious passageway.

Luckily I got through these areas without resorting to the Internet

Depends on the way each person plays. I like to take my time with games. I finished MP1 in 28 hours, MP2 in 34 hours and Zelda TP in 90 hours. :) I don't spend money on games to finish them in 2 or 3 days.

well u can only take so much time... even if u take your time with the game and dont play it everyday.. the total play time is going to be the same u just spread it out.. I didnt rush threw the game by any means i read every log and scaned almost everything.. I just dont see how someone can spend 2 times as much play time looking at the same stuff.. hyper mode should of been the frist mode imo cause with the bosses able to put up a fight plus not knowing were i was going.. i think i could of spent maybe 23hours on the game.. Its no were as hard as prime 2 was back traking dosnt take lots of time beacause there are so many landing pads to fly from one place to another with"

There was an area in Bryyo that stumped me due to a well-hidden passageway that i needed to take to progress

There was another area in Skytown that killed my time because of another not-so-obvious passageway.

Luckily I got through these areas without resorting to the Internet

ok if u use ur scan visor in every room it pretty much highlights every passage way... I mean if u read the visor stuff its all pretty stright forward.. the one part i did get stuck at is

was needing the ship gappel beam and at the same time the game told me to explore the ss val what ever i can member the name off the top of my head but yeah.. got stuck there for about an hour

Retro Studios Talks...

Full Interview

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1570214/20070920/index.jhtml

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8675/1/Retro_Talks_Metroid_Prime,_Wii_Power

Nintendo News | Retro Talks Metroid Prime, Wii Power

Retro recently discussed their post-Prime 3 results, the graphical power of the Wii, expectations for the title and the future with Nintendo and Metroid.

"The Wii is a fairly decently powerful game system as far as polygons go. We don’t have a lot of depth with shader stuff, but we can make really good color palettes...

...you can definitely do more stuff that will be way beyond that."

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption art director Todd Keller

"One of the things we’ve always been told by Nintendo of Japan is they say they appreciate us as a studio because we make games they can’t make. Their specialty is in the casual market.

Their specialty is in the platforming and more traditional games. I’m really excited about what we’re working on next. If people enjoy the kinds of games Retro makes, I don’t think they’re going to be disappointed about what we’re doing."

Mark Pacini, Game's Director

Very exciting indeed!

I'm seeing another epic 'mature' title from Retro!

And what are "the kinds of games Retro makes"? Haven't they only done the three Metroid Prime games? We have no idea what kind of games Retro makes, Metroid is a 20 year old formula from Nintendo.

Its a formula of creating games that are worth $50, something internal Nintendo doesnt seem to be interested in anymore.

And what are "the kinds of games Retro makes"? Haven't they only done the three Metroid Prime games? We have no idea what kind of games Retro makes, Metroid is a 20 year old formula from Nintendo.
Well if you go by what was said in the interview 'the type of games nintendo don't make' 'nintendo make more casual game'.

Also, we have a good idea of the types of games Retro Studios is interested in making, from the content and extreme quality of the Prime trilogy, plus their cancelled GC titles...

Car Combat (Thunder Rally), NFL Retro Football, Raven Blade, and an un-named 'Action Adventure'.

I see them being a developer of very epic games, capable of producing for Nintendo the 'mature' titles Nintendo themselves lack in their catalogue and ones that can also capture the mass market... Nintendo's answer to Epic Games?!!

Well if you go by what was said in the interview 'the type of games nintendo don't make' 'nintendo make more casual game'.

Yes, well, "nintendo make casual games" was the stupidest thing that guy said in there. Everything else he said was pretty decent though.

Yes, well, "nintendo make casual games" was the stupidest thing that guy said in there. Everything else he said was pretty decent though.
Well they do now!

Anyway I think he just ment games that appeal more to casual gamers, more accessable games.

Well they do now!

Anyway I think he just ment games that appeal more to casual gamers, more accessable games.

Yeah if you take the whole quote it seems that's what he ment.

"Their specialty is in the casual market. Their specialty is in the platforming and more traditional games."

My Wii Number: 7239-1771-8892-1140

Anyone else with MP3 I have loads of Friend Vouchers on the go as I've now completed it in Veteran. 80% complete apparently. Took me 15 hours. Will be starting Hypermode soon but would be nice if I could be sent some more Friend Vouchers and I will do the same in return - let me know!

Also dont forget that many of the team that formed Retro were from the developers of Turok on the N64.

Its a formula of creating games that are worth $50, something internal Nintendo doesnt seem to be interested in anymore.

Is this post for real? :/

Anyway, Retro and Monolith could very much be important studio's for Nintendo this generation in creating these sorts of games. Look forward to what comes next from Retro.

Is this post for real? :/

I think it is as it seems to me many people hav e now assumed that nintendo are not making games like Super Mario Galaxay, Super Smash bros and Zelda.

They also tend to wank over games like Animal Crossing which are aimed at the casual gamers they tend to fear so much.

I think it is as it seems to me many people hav e now assumed that nintendo are not making games like Super Mario Galaxay, Super Smash bros and Zelda.

They also tend to wank over games like Animal Crossing which are aimed at the casual gamers they tend to fear so much.

Lol, the irony is 'casual' games like Animal Crossing still sell to tons of the hardcore players, cause they have that crossover appeal. At least thats how it is down here.

Lol, the irony is 'casual' games like Animal Crossing still sell to tons of the hardcore players, cause they have that crossover appeal. At least thats how it is down here.

And Mario, Smash Bros and Zelda sell tons to casual players.

And Mario, Smash Bros and Zelda sell tons to casual players.

Yep.

You gotta give it to Nintendo, they know how to make wide-appealing games.

I can't wait for MTP3 Corruption coming out! I really love Metroid since I started to play Metroid Fusion. Than I played Zero Mission after that Prime than Prime 2 Echoes and now I'll play Prime 3 Corruption. Which games of the whole Metroid series did you play?

I can't wait for MTP3 Corruption coming out! I really love Metroid since I started to play Metroid Fusion. Than I played Zero Mission after that Prime than Prime 2 Echoes and now I'll play Prime 3 Corruption. Which games of the whole Metroid series did you play?

I have played all except the two NES Metroids. I played the first one for a bit though, but it hasn't aged well. I had played Super Metroid before Prime, but Prime really got me into the Metroid series. Prime's one of my favourite games and I have replayed it about 6 times, it never gets old especially thanks to sequence breaking. I can't wait for Corruption. :yay:

I have played all except the two NES Metroids.

You mean the 1 NES game and the 1 Gameboy game :wink:

You mean the 1 NES game and the 1 Gameboy game :wink:

And you are right, I type too fast. :wink: I should get around to playing it some time. Metroid II that is.