NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

In Prime 3, there's a normal mode and a veteran mode avalaible fro the start. The normal mode is said to be really easy so I'll go veteran for the first playthrough.

Ah if that's true then i'll be starting with Veteran then.I want a good challenge from this.

In Prime 3, there's a normal mode and a veteran mode avalaible fro the start. The normal mode is said to be really easy so I'll go veteran for the first playthrough.

Would you say it's really easy even for someone who's never played a Metroid Prime?

Ah if that's true then i'll be starting with Veteran then.I want a good challenge from this.
Yeah same!

Yeah there wasn't Easy in Prime 1/2, but I thought maybe they'd added one for Prime 3 for more mass market appeal!

Anyways, Veteran it is then I think!

Would you say it's really easy even for someone who's never played a Metroid Prime?

I don't know, I haven't got the chance to play it. I heard that from various reviews. It seems the control scheme make it easy.

Isn't Normal in Prime 3 like Normal in the first two, with Veteran being Hard like in the first two and Hyper being even more difficult?

I've started on veteran and i'd say that it's a long, long way from the difficulty of twilight. For one thing, the monstrous bosses CAN'T be killed first time through- prepare to squirm for a few tries on this difficulty!

Okay, firstly my source is VgChartz, some people trust them, some don't. I think their software sales give a reasonable estimate and normally are within 10% correct of confirmed sales later.

Anywho, they've got Metroid Prime 3 down to have sold 314000 units in it's first 5 days in the USA. Now, this is incredible sales, and sort of throws the whole 'Wii has no hardcores' debate to pot, when you consider Metroid Prime 2 sold 180000 units in it's first week, to a console with twice as much of a userbase and in November, a month much better for games sales.

It's still early days but I think it bodes well for Metroid Prime 3 to become the best selling in the series, and hopefully give Nintendo a wake up call that there is still the huge market for people like us, if they really needed it.

Also, Wii outsold DS this week, which is a sign of the wolrd going to implode very soon.

VgCharts likes to make up numbers hoping it comes out right.

They're not the most reputable source but they don't hide the fact that they're not all their accurate. They have a article which posts their figures compared to the official NDP figures and in hardware they're normally about accurate to 15% margin for errors and software is less then that.

15%? You're exaggerating, it's really more like 5.

Well, some people will tell you it's 100%, so I'm just trying not to get people going to mad at me :P.

You do realise that a 10% margin in statistics is laughable right?

I wouldn't see a problem in knowing it sold between 270000 - 330000.

Unless you have any better statistics...?

Isn't Normal in Prime 3 like Normal in the first two, with Veteran being Hard like in the first two and Hyper being even more difficult?

so i beat the game yesterday 100% and now im about 15% threw hyper mode.. hyper mode is so much more fun the bosses really give a fight i love it.. I wish hyper mode was there from the start but i guess it gives me a reason to play threw again...i think vet was pretty easy.. i mean i didnt die one time witch is not the case with the other to prime games...the bosses were quite easy not because they were weaker then the bosses in the first 2 games but the wii most makes it so much easier to control samus..walking jumping and shooting all at the same time good stuff... :-p....great game... anyone have it wanna trade friend vouchers? i got 16 of them that need tradeing yep yep

Actually, now i'm half way through, i agree with above comments. It seems much easier than i'd previously thought. Hyper mode is the way forward.

Hmm, I don't know, I remember when I played Zelda I had trouble aiming at the forehead of the Goron Mines boss with the wiimote... The boss was always on the move and the sights were hard to adjust exactly on that spot on the forehead. I haven't replayed Zelda yet, so I don't know how much better I would be at it a second time...

I started playing it yesterday and it's simply amazing.

It felt like they ripped the idea of how Metroid Prime 3 should start right from my head. Samus reallly feels a lot more like a bounty-hunter and especially the Space Pirates have more higher lifeform look now.

I still struggle with the controls sometime. I'm still used to the lock-on of previous prime titles but decided to go with the free-style aim that still offers a lock-on but requires me to still aim and I sometimes forget about that, so I shoot at a wall instead of an enemy.

I started playing it yesterday and it's simply amazing.

It felt like they ripped the idea of how Metroid Prime 3 should start right from my head. Samus reallly feels a lot more like a bounty-hunter and especially the Space Pirates have more higher lifeform look now.

I still struggle with the controls sometime. I'm still used to the lock-on of previous prime titles but decided to go with the free-style aim that still offers a lock-on but requires me to still aim and I sometimes forget about that, so I shoot at a wall instead of an enemy.

Thats exactly how i felt about the control but give it a few sessions and you wont even use the lock-on. There is a learning-curve with MP3's controls, but thats what i love about it, because they really pay in overall experience

I just beat the game this morning at around 80 percent items found.

A few comments

-After griping about scanning and visor control earlier in the thread, I find that i prefer the new system better

-its a great end to the trilogy and makes the Phazon storyline fall neatly into place with the other Metroid games

-the atmosphere and gunplay reaffirms how boring Echoes was

-Retros pride and effort make almost every other Wii developer look lazy and amateur, including Nintendo in some ways

I myself finally had a chance to play the game, and what can I say, this game is ace.

Havn't gotten far into it, and most likely not be going to play it until Nov now

Oh yeah and Pit-Jr.....how long did it take you to complete the game?

Think I'm about 60-70% through and it's been about 12-13 hours of play. I could do with some Friend Vouchers, I also have a few if spare if anyone needs any.

I myself finally had a chance to play the game, and what can I say, this game is ace.

Havn't gotten far into it, and most likely not be going to play it until Nov now

Oh yeah and Pit-Jr.....how long did it take you to complete the game?

Good question, i forgot to check that but im guessing its about a 20+ hour game and thats finishing it at 80 percent. Newcomers and completists can probabaly squeeze 30 hours out of it

Thats exactly how i felt about the control but give it a few sessions and you wont even use the lock-on. There is a learning-curve with MP3's controls, but thats what i love about it, because they really pay in overall experience

Yes, I got to grips with the controls quite well by now and I indeed rarely use the lock-on anymore. At some points I'm actually wondering how you'd do that with lock-on alone.

At the moment I'm at the fight against Helios. These little things Helios forms that you have to overload are really annoying to fight and drain so much energy and if they glow too bright the beam is deflected as well. Quite a struggle to bring that bugger down.

At times like this I really know why they call it Veteran difficulty.

I'm at 50% and clocked 10 hours already but I went back a few times to collect Missile Expansions and such.

Sorry if this was already answered but i cant see it!

Is there a planned release for the demo channel for MP3 ?

I know, i know, its only some videos but im curious about the marketing plan for Europe.

They could 've made available the demo at the same for Europe since , as of now, almost everybody has already seen it online. Still, i wonder... will i see my wii blueshine ? When?

Regards,

No, we haven't heard anything about it yet. I expect it about a week before the game's released though.