NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Love it how this thread has gone DEAD becuase everyone is happy that this is just going to be a great game. No moaning or whining to be had.

We don't have the game to talk about it and I guess the people who do have are busy playing the shit out of it. And also, we don't really want spoilers, do we? ;)

Good point. Just surprised that people arent hyping the crap out of it, like they usually do around here. I'm really looking forward to it, just in a "calm as a ninja" kinda way.

Hey guys,

Well i'm back. And its official, i have no self control whatsoever. Courtesy of ebay i'm lapping up the lush goodness of Corruption on a dirty american wii. Do any fellow defectors fancy swapping friend codes? My no. is 2511-2326-2913-4510.

Love it how this thread has gone DEAD becuase everyone is happy that this is just going to be a great game. No moaning or whining to be had.

Don't worry, people will moan about it when they get the game.

Don't worry, people will moan about it when they get the game.

I'm actually surprised at the lack of multiplayer moans in reviews and on this thread. i thought there would be a lot more.... oh well it's a good thing of course.

Yea, I would of thought that some gamers would of moaned at the lack of online play.Some gamers would moan thinking 'This has no-online play.Instant fail' <--- Solitanze

Good thing i'm in it for the single player.

This has slipped down to number 20 on gamerankings.com... this means its now the 20th best game ever... its a failure!!!!----solitanze.

or something like that

Good point. Just surprised that people arent hyping the crap out of it, like they usually do around here. I'm really looking forward to it, just in a "calm as a ninja" kinda way.

I would hype it if i were you.

I would hype it if i were you.

I think hyping is stupid. Makes people buy crap sequels to all kinds of media that should be shunned as complete crap (here's me looking at you Star Wars :nono:).

People need to be informed not misled. And as many reviews seem to think that this game is good then no hype is really required, unless we have another Beyond Good and Evil or Eternal Darkness on our hands but I doubt it. I'm still hesitant about SMG because I don't think that I'm gonna know if I'm gonna like it until i get to play it. Therefore I'm not looking at previews or media that much until reviews hit but even these will be skewed most likely. I know that I'm going to enjoy Metroid because I've seen enough to know that it is like the predecessors, which alone validates a purchase for me.

This year I think I'm going to try a load of games and take them back if I'm not that fussed, just like I should have done with NSMB

I hope that Metroid Prime 3 is not too hard. I very much like the adventure that the entire metroid series has given however in EVERY game I have played (Fusion, Prime, Echo's) I have found the game to have the same major flaw which is its difficulty.

Im currently STILL playing Prime 2 Echo's, im only on 27% after 2 years!! Why?? Because the boss' are just too hard. I find this to really spoil the game and I get soon fed up with having to endlessly retry the boss battles until (usually out of luck) on the 30th attempt I finally defeat them. Also the save point is normally 3 minutes play away from the boss so you have to mundanely go through the same bits each time.

Having just defeated the boost gaurdian after 20 odd goes, i was able to really get into the adventure and problem solving, after another hour of excellent gameplay i am now stuck trying to defeat some giant torvus bog creature. So far 10 attempts (even when using the correct method to kill the monster, as found from a walkthrough guide) and still no luck.

I find such difficulty a real turn off, and spoils the game. I now cant really be bothered to play this any more. I have given up on Fusion and not played it again because of the same reason which makes a Metroid purchase a bit of a waste of money.

As Nintendo are supposed to be making gaming more inclusive I hope they make bosses more easier, maybe on a par with those in RE4 which were far more easier to get past (only 2 or 3 attempts).

PS. The moderators on this site are over zealous and ruining open discussion. It seems you can only open a new thread if you have their blessing :(

Firstly, i'm an admin, not a mod.

Secondly, i replied to your PM reguarding the reason why i locked your thread. Ie: Your thread was to to do with Metroid, but we already had a thread reguarding this, so i locked it.

PS. The moderators on this site are over zealous and ruining open discussion. It seems you can only open a new thread if you have their blessing :(
That's rubbish! There's an official MP3 discussion thread, so use it!

A new thread just talking about your opinion on Metroids difficulty isn't exactly the most interesting and likely to spark a lengthy discussion, just post your opinions on the game in here!

I don't really agree with you on Metroids difficulty.

Echoes took things a bit far perhaps, but Metroid Prime got it spot on and yes Resi 4 was well balanced, though a couple of bosses were a tad easy (but the game as a whole made up for it!).

I don't want to just walk through a game!

I'd much rather a game offer a challenge than be a toned down to suit the everyone, something which Zelda is really suffering from!

I want it to be a challenge on normal mode then I want the hard mode to be really really hard cause I like playing games that make me annoyed at it :heh:

Ok Jordan, looks like you are over enjoying your power as an "Admin". Please also try to treat inexperienced forum users with a little more courtesty next time, its just a forum. Some things that may be obvious to you are not to me. I didn't want to interrupt the current discussion in this thread.

That's rubbish! There's an official MP3 discussion thread, so use it!

A new thread just talking about your opinion on Metroids difficulty isn't exactly the most interesting and likely to spark a lengthy discussion, just post your opinions on the game in here!

Zing!

Cheers Mr. Retro_Link.

Nice to see someone appriciates my modding around here.

Zing!

Cheers Mr. Retro_Link.

Nice to see someone appriciates my modding around here.

You know he's gonna take that as sarcasm instead of being funny :p

But generally speaking on these boards Richie, discussions for a game is held in one thread which can be seen in Prime 3,Brawl and Galaxy etc to keep the forums somewhat more 'tidy'.

Hope that helps you out a bit.

You know he's gonna take that as sarcasm instead of being funny :p

Indeed.

I do try not to be a bastard. Honest.

Trust me, if i come across as a complete tool (which i am), sorry. I just have to deal with some of the other newbies, adbots, retards and other personalities we get on here... so it becomes very much routine.

Anyway, back to Metroid :p

I want it to be a challenge on normal mode then I want the hard mode to be really really hard cause I like playing games that make me annoyed at it :heh:
What are the difficulty's in MP3, is there an Easy mode or is it just Normal and Hard?

If there's no Easy mode, then I think Normal mode will be pretty straightforward like Twilight Princess.

If so, then I might try Hard mode for first playthrough (if it doesn't have to be unlocked?)!

Yeah, I think Prime 1 was probably the most evenly matched of the games. I only really got stuck on the final battle. I see your point regarding Zelda, some bosses were very easy, however I didn't think this spoilt it. I would expect button tappingly difficulty in a shoot em up game, but not in an adventure game. Maybe becuase Metroid is a mixture of both, then those who just like adventure should steer clear. I just get really infuriated when the boss completely stops me in my tracks, I soon get bored of replaying the same parts.

Mods aren't overzealous... it's common sense to not open a thread on a game when there's already another one.

Also Metroid difficulty is fine even if it need small tweaks. Echoes have two annoying boss (boost guardian and alpha blogg) but the big guardians are way too easy. Metroid Prime bosses are more balanced IMO. Meta-Ridley is the perfect example of boss I love: difficult as hell if you blast blindly but easy when you analyze him correctly (I beat him in difficult mode with barely all my life) .

Metroid Prime bosses are more balanced IMO. Meta-Ridley is the perfect example of boss I love: difficult as hell if you blast blindly but easy when you analyze him correctly.
Agreed! One of the best [designed] boss fights ever!

I see your point regarding Zelda, some bosses were very easy, however I didn't think this spoilt it.

Did for me quite a bit actually. Didnt find ANY of the puzzles satisfying at all; the only dungeon that even found slightly testing was the Cloud City one. The dungeon with the Staff weapon was a tedious trudge. Think that that game could do with a serious "Master Quest" treatment.

But yeah, I don't mind if the action in Metroid is a little on the easy side but harder action increases the tension and actually makes you sweat a little (figuratively). As long as the puzzles are tricky then I'll be very happy.

What are the difficulty's in MP3, is there an Easy mode or is it just Normal and Hard?

If there's no Easy mode, then I think Normal mode will be pretty straightforward like Twilight Princess.

If so, then I might try Hard mode for first playthrough (if it doesn't have to be unlocked?)!

I don't think there's an easy mode on the Prime games but I think hard mode get's unlocked once you complete it on Normal.I want to start on hard though...