NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Well it does make things more interesting.

But seriously though,the noises might sound bad if it was from the Speaker since the game would be somewhat fast paces when it comes to shooting and fights.But surely what the rest of the game has to offer makes the speaker thing pointless?

that review awfully looks like the one i posted moments ago... and it has the same arguments... and the same fucking nerdish voice... strange things on the inrowebs.

It doesn't?

Well then they have lost one good customer.No way am I getting it now cause I wanted weird sounds that doesn't do the game justice.

It's funny because he does actually seem really pissed off about it.

Also he seems to have a problem with the music just because it's Midi which is strange since other reviews I've read praise the sound.

Other than that it was an alright review

No big deal for me, i've had the speaker turned off since Zelda, just annoyed me. I'll leave the sound to the stereos thank you very much.

that review awfully looks like the one i posted moments ago... and it has the same arguments... and the same fucking nerdish voice... strange things on the inrowebs.

was it the same or are you being smart about it?

I didn't check you see.

In any event the whole orchetrated thing came up again.

NOT EVERY GAME NEEDS ORCHESTRATED MUSIC.

Metroid is better off without it.

the speaker isn't that bad when you play wiisports or wiiplay or any other game that involves low-dynamic and simple sounds. but the speaker really sucks balls when it comes to quality. but it's fun to hear a tennisball hit the racket!

@mcj: it's the same :)

was it the same or are you being smart about it?

I didn't check you see.

Yes it was the one he posted.

this is one review that complains about the wiimote speaker... This review annoys me in many many ways.

I prefer the gamespot review most of all, their main complaint being that the controls were just TOO good and made the game easy, all the while failing to notice the VETERAN difficulty mode you can choose on your very first playthrough.

Going by internet rumor and hearsay I hear the reviewer is also fat and smells of wee.

I think whilst it is in no way a game damaging problem there is something to be said for using the wiimote speaker to improve the game experience. I mean granted in Zelda and Red Steel, the sounds were awful...owing to bad sound quality, although turn down the sound and things aren't quite as bad.

But I think if done right they can sound good in Resident Evil 4, it makes the whole thing feel even more tactile and even help to make the distribution of violence via the shotgun etc... even more visceral. It also works well in Big Brain Academy (if a little pointless at times).

Even taking this all into account it doesn't bother me that much that it is missing from MP3.

The problem with the Wii Mote speaker =

1, Having to send it wirelessly means it has to be short, low bit rate and often quite bad sounding.

2, The speaker is cheaper than the one in the original Game Boy, which doesn't help.

It pisses me off when people complain about MIDI soundtracks. Especially in Metroid, most of the sounds used in Metroid songs aren't even possible on real instruments.

And if Nintendo didn't say whether a soundtrack was MIDI or orchestrated I bet a lot of reviewers wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The only time I've ever listened to MIDI music and it's made me cringe is in the opening for Wind Waker when that MIDI violin is playing the theme. Made my ears bleed it did.

It pisses me off when people complain about MIDI soundtracks. Especially in Metroid, most of the sounds used in Metroid songs aren't even possible on real instruments.

And if Nintendo didn't say whether a soundtrack was MIDI or orchestrated I bet a lot of reviewers wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The only time I've ever listened to MIDI music and it's made me cringe is in the opening for Wind Waker when that MIDI violin is playing the theme. Made my ears bleed it did.

Yeah I don't find it a problem to be honest...

brilliant post. that's exactly what i'm trying to say!

Zelda would need to be orchetrated but NOT metroid.

Yeah I don't find it a problem to be honest...

I have no problem with midi either, especially when I've heard some sound font's that are nearly in-distinguishable from the real thing.

it's sounds very midi in waid waker though he has a point. granted it's very nice but it doesn't sound great. Synth can only go so far but using things like violin etc with it can really show.

Wind waker should have been orchestrated just like twilight princess but I will say it's not a make or break for the game like some fans claim. What pisses me off is that some fans like the wiitv guy thinking that every game should have it. it's very ignorant.

it's sounds very midi in waid waker though he has a point. granted it's very nice but it doesn't sound great.

The ocean theme is some of the best music in any game ever.

Didn't think Wind Waker music was that bad actually, quite enjoyed it.And some songs I just love.

Though saying that i've been going over Metroid songs in my head for the last few days.Time to get me some OSTs.

The ocean theme is some of the best music in any game ever.

I was really just talking about the intro there but i agree with you there.

I thought Metroid Prime and Windwaker had great music, hence if they're Midi, I don't care. It's what it sounds like, not how it's made.

People like to complain about MIDI, even though most games aren't even orchestrated. They don't realise the possibilities that having music in MIDI offers.