NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Is Gamespots review up? It would be pretty funny if it does get a 8.8 or 8.9!

I'm sure it's in the 9's though!

Overall though, i don't care a less. :D

Thank you Dante, that was exactly what I was getting at with IGN! I suppose a picture really does say a thousand words!

I wasn't being 'picky' as some would say, I was simply pointing out the fact that IGN seem to be ever so slightly tougher on Nintendo games.

As I said before, Matt and co. seem to try and overcompensate by giving slightly lower scores as if to rpove they're not being fanboys.

Two different reviewers, looking at the numerical reading alone gives an unfair representation because of this. Matt and Bozon have started to rate in 0.5 increments so AAA games usually get 8.5 or 9.0 or 9.5, whereas other reviewers tend to give 0.1's and 0.2's.

I'm not so sure; 1Up whom we though would be the lowest (the rummored 8.0/8.5) gave 9.0 and perhaps the lower scores are embargoed until the game ships on the 28th, so...

Didn't they state it got lower score purely because its as "revolutionary" as the original, and that it would get the same score as the original if it were the first game? That would take it over Bioshock, which is an original itself.

It'll probably get 8.5 from Gamespot.

As long as you enjoy playing it, who really carea about a few points here and there?

Oh and that IGN review, the scoring at the end just makes no sense.

Plus isn't Bioshock An original game.. As in not a sequel.. ?

It's not a sequel, but I wouldn't call it original.

Who has watched the gametrailers review, because I really don't want any spoilers.

Who has watched the gametrailers review, because I really don't want any spoilers.

Don't watch it, in my opinion. The first few seconds gave a bit too much away for my liking.

Thank you Dante, that was exactly what I was getting at with IGN! I suppose a picture really does say a thousand words!

I wasn't being 'picky' as some would say, I was simply pointing out the fact that IGN seem to be ever so slightly tougher on Nintendo games.

As I said before, Matt and co. seem to try and overcompensate by giving slightly lower scores as if to rpove they're not being fanboys.

What the hell are you talking about! Pretty much everything in this game has been done before, unlike Bioshock which has far more newer concepts in it. Seriously you actually don't make sense sometimes. The fact that this game got such a high review yet is so similar to the older gamers shows how amazing it is; it's pretty much perfect. It would only ever get higher if Prime 1 never existed.

Gamespot's scores go by .5 points now so at least we won't see an 8.8 again. :p

What the hell are you talking about! Pretty much everything in this game has been done before, unlike Bioshock which has far more newer concepts in it.

From what I've seen, MP3 has more new concepts than Bioshock. I can't recall anywhere with something similar to the ship control, but I haven't seen any new concepts in the Bioshock demo or trailers. Plus it feels almost exactly like Prey. So I don't see how that can explain the difference between scores.

From what I've seen, MP3 has more new concepts than Bioshock. I can't recall anywhere with something similar to the ship control, but I haven't seen any new concepts in the Bioshock demo or trailers. Plus it feels almost exactly like Prey. So I don't see how that can explain the difference between scores.

Well it's pretty much prime with a better control scheme and they've fined tuned back-tracking and level design. 9.5 is pretty much the equivalent of a 10 tbh when you consider that.

I don't see whats wrong with 9.5. That's a great score. I think ratings are per platform, judged on the basis of the system's strengths and weaknesses, therefore everyone comparing scores for Metroid Prime and Echoes with Corruption has got it all wrong.

Just because Prime scored 9.8 some years ago does not necessary mean that it is a better game than Corruption with 9.5. The scores are not supposed to be compared, they are from different generation systems.

The scores are not supposed to be compared, they are from different generation systems.

Then why are the reviewers comparing them?

Compare games to past generations yes, comparing scores - what's the point? Prime now would not score 9.8 now will it? Different factors come into play. Also, don't get so bogged down with a couple of decimal points.

What they have to say is far more important and informative.

I just saw the gametrailers review and it is awesome.

Compare games to past generations yes, comparing scores - what's the point? Prime now would not score 9.8 now will it? Different factors come into play. Also, don't get so bogged down with a couple of decimal points.

What they have to say is far more important and informative.

I just saw the gametrailers review and it is awesome.

You speak a lot of sense, my friend.

By the way many spoilers?

No not really any spoilers. I think it's worth a watch.

I will buy this on UK launch for sure then I will have the trilogy.

Then why are the reviewers comparing them?

Good question....I think its just the old console supremacy thing playing out, possibly with the odd chance of 'lick this dev/manufacturers arse' in hope of possible freebies or exclusives from the manufacturer of their choice. (uneducated guess version)

Either way, Im looking forward to playing both games at some point (after I am bored of Space Giraffe...Too many games, too little time !)

No no, they're not comparing them against each other; they're basically saying Corruption improves on the original prime and is better.

^ I knew it...

Partial dumbfucks; funny that the review doesn't even seem to be on the front page.

8.5?!!??! First TP, then Bioshock, and now this! I swear they actually do it for attention sometimes.

Now I didn't read all the review but does this not seem like they are criticising controls for being too good.

Streamlined controls make things a little too easy and a little less adventurous