NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Nice Dante. Well... it definately does add an extra incentive to the game. And I'm sure a lot of people realise the allure of achievements and this seems to be a nice touch. And will it make more use of WiiConnect24??? It's dying to be utilised with the way Ninty went on about it before.

The achievements part sounds cool, but I wonder if they'll add more through WiiConnect 24. That'll add a lot to replay value.

The achievement part sounds cool, hope when you earn them they appear on as messages much like your Wii Sports Fitness Age and Wii Play medals. Think Nintendo has taken achievements quite seriously with some games, excite truck had a system to don't forget, it would be great if they started to make a centralized system for it.

The achievement part sounds cool, hope when you earn them they appear on as messages much like your Wii Sports Fitness Age and Wii Play medals. Think Nintendo has taken achievements quite seriously with some games, excite truck had a system to don't forget, it would be great if they started to make a centralized system for it.

Thats exactly how they appear.

MP3 Hype continues:yay:

ps. Watching those videos again *bad boy I know :p *

Similarities with the opening of Halo are so strong.

I might go play Halo again and pretend I'm playing prime:heh:

Yeah i couldn't help watching them. Same happened with twilight princess and i saw half the game before i played it. ARgh i need some self restraint

does anyone know more about the movie that was anounced By reggie he anounced that a Metroid Zelda and mario movie will come soon and i already know that John woo is busy with metroid the movie but i know nothing about the others?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/news-unlocked/metroid-prime-3-gets-mini+achievements-291107.php

Metroid Prime 3 Gets Mini-Achievements?

360 achievements are nice, sometimes, but they're not really my cup of tea. Little too competitive for my liking. I would also have thought they were a little too competitive for Nintendo's liking, but on that, I'm so wrong. Looks like MP3 will feature some kind of achievement system, where pulling off certain feats/tasks sees you awarded coloured tokens. Some of these tokens are for you (ie you use them to unlock hidden/extra stuff), but some are for you to send to friends (so they can unlock stuff).

It's certainly different. And officially unconfirmed (this info all comes from a GameFAQs poster who apparently played the game at his local GameStop). But you can definitely see a blue token being awarded in this trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK14H3N1yrU

(7:59), and the whole notion of a caring, sharing system of achievements instead of one centred around pissing contests is certainly more Nintendo's style.

Love the moody music in this game. Really enhances the whole atmosphere...

Although I see the door lag problem is still apparent :( (Around 6:43 mark).

Love the moody music in this game. Really enhances the whole atmosphere...

Although I see the door lag problem is still apparent :( (Around 6:43 mark).

the door doesn't have lag but it is the next room being loaded.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/news-unlocked/metroid-prime-3-gets-mini+achievements-291107.php

Metroid Prime 3 Gets Mini-Achievements?

360 achievements are nice, sometimes, but they're not really my cup of tea. Little too competitive for my liking. I would also have thought they were a little too competitive for Nintendo's liking, but on that, I'm so wrong. Looks like MP3 will feature some kind of achievement system, where pulling off certain feats/tasks sees you awarded coloured tokens. Some of these tokens are for you (ie you use them to unlock hidden/extra stuff), but some are for you to send to friends (so they can unlock stuff).

It's certainly different. And officially unconfirmed (this info all comes from a GameFAQs poster who apparently played the game at his local GameStop). But you can definitely see a blue token being awarded in this trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK14H3N1yrU

(7:59), and the whole notion of a caring, sharing system of achievements instead of one centred around pissing contests is certainly more Nintendo's style.

Look up the page, already posted.

Spin Magazine calls this a review:

Metroid-Prime-3-Corruption-wii-review.jpg

I really hope that Gamerankings doesn't take shit loike that into account.

Don't Zechs, we're free of Solitanze now, and we like you. We don't want to have to ritually kill you if you become him.

RATINGS MEAN NOTHING

Don't Zechs, we're free of Solitanze now, and we like you. We don't want to have to ritually kill you if you become him.

RATINGS MEAN NOTHING

to say ratings mean nothing is taking it a bit far, they do mean something otherwise we wouldn't have them. However when you start to look to far into them like Solitanze did, thats when they do mean nothing, I mean sitting and working out averages and getting upset when games averages don't work out high enough...

Well I was refering to the gamerankings overall rating, since its so skewed by extreme and biased reviews that its worthless, but I still think we'd be better without the ratings. I mean why can't we just have a review telling us what the game is like, so we can figure if its our type of game, and telling us if its worth our money?

the door doesn't have lag but it is the next room being loaded.

True. MP1 and MP2 used the hallways as loading screens. I guess MP3 uses it too(I haven't watched a single video)

From what i've seen so far, there is very, very little lag. The Wii does have alot more memory than the GCN ever had. So it probably loads the rooms ahead of itself. Either way, it was fairly instant.

I mean, apart from Mario Strikers, the Wii has very short loading times from what i've seen so far.

RATINGS MEAN NOTHING

Sorry! I know it doesn't mean as much as some people like to think, but I still want great games to get great scores.

It annoys me when some jack ass lads mag gives Corruption 4 stars and the latest update to Need for Speed 5 stars.

I always view the Gamerankings site with interest, although not as much as good old Solitanze did, yu can read his rantings over on the news comments section (personally I liked him and thought he was interesting in an annoying but funny way).

I think the one thing that invalidates Gamerankings is the fact that many sites give scores out of 5 or 10 in simple whole or half points. So a great game have it's average ruined by one 4 out of 5 score.

However, I shall end this now before I become universally hate on this board - and just when I'd patched up the long running mob fued with the Portugese Mafia lol!

Laser lasso what the fuck?

From what i've seen so far, there is very, very little lag. The Wii does have alot more memory than the GCN ever had. So it probably loads the rooms ahead of itself. Either way, it was fairly instant.

I mean, apart from Mario Strikers, the Wii has very short loading times from what i've seen so far.

Sure but I guess since the Wii iteration of Metroid looks better - texture size, geometry, etc. have got bigger.

So better looking games with the same loading time is more than acceptable in my eyes.

I don't mind that some doors take a bit until they open - my anticipation of whats next just gets bigger and nothing destroys atmosphere more than a "NOW LOADING" screen.

i hate loading screens i prefer this it only takes 2 / 3 seconds for loading that area so people just stop complaining i have played games on 360 / ps3 where a loading screen pops up and takes 1 / 2 /3 minutes to actualy load something thats wat i call iritating not a 2 seconds waiting in prime 3

The only thing worse than a loading screen, is a loading screen that waits for you to press a button after it's finished loading to continue. I've wasted many hours of my life reading manuals and things while thinking the game is still loading only to realize it's finished and there's a small "press A" prompt in the corner of the screen where "please wait" used to be.

Having to wait a second while a door opens is heaven in comparison.