NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Uhm well yeah i guess it has. he sayd this was the last thing he wanted to see. before he was in doubts and was not to shure if he wanted the Wii with only Zelda as interesting game to him. now this week he played BBA and he loved it but still he was in doubts but now he has seen Metroid (he always loved Metroid) he was convinced! and he sayd: uhm Maik im getting the car ok ill be right back. I sayd: Huh why you just got here. He sayd: Well i cant cary the Wii on my bike..... And i was like: O.O..................did you just say..........you........your getting a Wii? And he sayd: jup.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

although it doesn't look bad i still cant hide the disappointment on that its still looking like a cube game.:(

I slightly agree, but then again what Wii game doesnt look like a Cube game. At least it looks like an awesome Cube game.

Im more disappointed that they resurrected that dreadful pirate battle music from the bridge fight preview. A must-buy nonetheless.

Well, we'll see about Corruption. If it's really good, I might consider getting the other games. If I really can't follow the plot, Wikipedia's always there for me. ;)

I just watched the trailer they uploaded. It's hilarious how they released a 4:3 version of it instead of the HD 16:9 one.

Well, we'll see about Corruption. If it's really good, I might consider getting the other games. If I really can't follow the plot, Wikipedia's always there for me. ;)

There's nothing to follow!

This isn't like halo you never have had to play another metroid to understand the story.

It's very optional.

This isn't like halo you never have had to play another metroid to understand the story.

It's very optional.

That doesn't mean it isn't there for those who want it, it's just told in a alternative way that you can skip altogether; but you won't understand the story by doing that.

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are really exploration stories on their own; the only thing the Primes share is the spreading of Phazon and that's enough to remember. The plot development is this: in Metroid Prime 1 you discover Phazon = teh evil and you discover the origins of Dark Samus, and in Metroid Prime 2 you find out Phazon is even worse than you thought and Dark Samus is too. The power of MP1 and MP2 is to uncover the planet's struggle against Phazon, and that's not something you need to know for Metroid Prime 3.

That does not mean you shouldn't get them though :heh:

It's very optional.

You don't need to play the others to understand the very basic story. Theres many things connecting the plots of all the Metroids. They also manage to tell great individual "sub-plots" in every game.

Metroid gets nowhere near enough credit for it's story because it tells it in an unique way, rather than using the same way of telling stories as movies.

Its optional, you'll get an understandable story if you know nothing of the others; but you'll understand so much more if you do know the others.

Even plot points of the game itself is optional - you learn as much as you want to, rather than getting told stuff in a cut-scene.

i like how the plot to prime 1 and 2 worked out, it was like finding diary pages in resi, little bit over time that you peiced together, the fed, pirate and luminarian logs in 2 were so good, all took diffrent veiws and were actualy interesting to read.

the story cant work any outher way as your just the last part of the tale, the real story happened years before you got to the plannet, i suppose they could have shown videos of the events taking place, but it wouldent have fit with the feel of the game in my opinion.

from the look of the trailer, this might be a more action orinetated take on the metroid serise, the new aiming might make it easier to have bigger battles with more enemys, but who can say at this stage?

Okay, so the plot won't be a problem. But if the plots are as interesting as you make them sound, I will probably get the other games as well. :)

You MUST download super metroid. It is the best game of all time in my opinion and metroid prime 1 is not far off.

I finished my replay of Prime 2 yesterday. I finally got the last two missile expansions after two hours of searching. I didn't remember correctly which one I had already gotten. :heh: Emperor Ing is one hard boss though, it took a long time to defeat him and I almost didn't make it the first time.

I finally got to see the 100% ending as well, so that sets me up for Metroid Prime 3. Now just to wait till October.

im playing again, going for the 100% ending, just got the water jumpy thingy. i cant belive how little i rememberd, but trying to get 100% scans is a little frightening, keep thinking im going to forget a scan.

oh, and got the boost guardian first time. yeah.

Apparently the NEW vids have gone live over the pond...Just how long will we have to wait....Look out for youtube links in the morning :)

Mother Brain is one of these Aurora things eh? Interesting. October 26th is too far away.

:(

The story in this game looks immense. Love what they did with the Aurora.

Metroid.jpg

But isn't The Prime series after the original game on nes?

That means that the aurora part of the story will be looking back at the origins.

A other thing i noticed from the preview channel is that it looks like this game will have more spoken dialog which is a plus for me as long as Samus doesn't talk.

The story in this game looks immense. Love what they did with the Aurora.

Metroid.jpg

But isn't The Prime series after the original game on nes?

That means that the aurora part of the story will be looking back at the origins.

A other thing i noticed from the preview channel is that it looks like this game will have more spoken dialog which is a plus for me as long as Samus doesn't talk.

The picture from Corruption is more like the Super Metroid layout for Tourian. It's probably a look in the future.

oh please don't let the story be shit please don't let the story be shit please don't let the story be shit....

Or else you will DIE :heh:

Had to chuck that pun in...