NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Why does everyone seem to dislike Metroid Prime 2 so much? I like both Primes equally.

I got to the bit where you go underwater, get some new equipment then have to fight a worm boss thing after traveling around for about half an hour. When I died a few times I really couldn't be arsed doing it all over again.

I hope 3 has better distanced save points, especially just before bosses.

I got to the bit where you go underwater, get some new equipment then have to fight a worm boss thing after traveling around for about half an hour. When I died a few times I really couldn't be arsed doing it all over again.

I hope 3 has better distanced save points, especially just before bosses.

That particular save point was the biggest gripe everyone had with the game. Oh yeah.... apart from the multiplayer! :heh:

http://www.gamefaqs.com

The poll of the day says Metroid Prime 3 is by far the most anticipated game in August. Not much love for Lair, so much for the PS3's big hitter...

Shame it's not coming out here on August. :(

Shame it's not coming out here on August. :(

Yeah, Im still toying with importing a Wii, especially as we arent getting Smash Bros this year.

Yeah, Im still toying with importing a Wii, especially as we arent getting Smash Bros this year.

agree with you there

It's August NOW...damn those lucky Americans are getting it this month, when's it out here like another two months...damnit I WANT NOW

Sierously though wtf. Im sorry but this is ltierally one of the games I got a wii for and its out this month for America. What a piss take. At least its not as bad as metroid prime 1. God having to buy starfox adventures for that christmas made me want to cry. On the plus side it came out next to my bday! :smile:

It's two months. I don't see what's the big deal.

Yea. At least Retro take care with the American to English translation, and even fix problems with the plot.

It's two months. I don't see what's the big deal.

Im an impatient gamer, always have been, always will be! :)

Yea. At least Retro take care with the American to English translation, and even fix problems with the plot.

Apparently, Sumas refers to Metroids as spastics in the UK version of MP3.

Since when?:wtf:

I've been considering this a lot.No Smash for us,get Galaxy,Prime 3 and tons of other games late.

Or import a Wii and get all the AAA games much faster.

I don't mind waiting a bit longer and spacing the games a bit better to be honest. Metroid and BWii are the big ones for me.

I've been considering this a lot.No Smash for us,get Galaxy,Prime 3 and tons of other games late.

I've got too many games to get this year. I want a few more delays.

Apparently, Samus refers to Metroids as spastics in the UK version of MP3.

LMAO! :heh:

Edge Preview:

The opening chapter features you using all types of controls in your ship to suit up and land on the capital ship using the Wii Remote, it comes under attack etc. There's a lot more plot exposition and cutscenes and less scanning and you have a number of objectives, set pieces occur like a fighter crashing into a corridor.

The Norion chapter feels 'like a rollercoaster ride'. The game features a lot more combat and a number of 'epic' set pieces: A massive Phazon meteorite appears over the planet, Dark Samus returns and corrupts the other bounty hunters with a new Phazon weapon (they perhaps reappear as bosses later in the game) and there's a 'Clash of the Titans' style battle between a Berserker Pirate and one of the Bounty Hunters' robotic mounts. She finds the Grapple Beam here. You can call in your ship in certain areas, but it's basically a save/teleport system that can blow open certain doors with it's weapons.

The next section, the SkyCity, bears more than a passing resemblence to Star Wars Cloud City, it's a very different environment for Metroid Prime and features ornate environments and clockwork roots. The area is explored in a similar way to a Zelda dungeon, and features a 'rail system' between areas which you attach to with your grapple beam and have to shoot enemies that try to knock you off in on-rails sections. Still very combat-focused and little exploration.

The controls are great, especially on the no-deadzone setup. There are two lock-on options as well. Some switches that require more complex motions are more luck than skill. The preview ends with the paragraph, "The early game proves one thing we always suspected, however: The Wii Remote can provide one of the best firstperson control schemes around."

I hope the exploration will be more major after those levels then. I'm a bit worried the focus will be too much on combat. It will probably turn out fine though, as that's just the beginning.

To be honest, I never even look at other country release dates. In my mind things are just released when they're released. And with the Internet these days it seems like games are out in other countries MONTHS before Europe because of all the previews & reviews etc. So my brain just ignores them and marks a date of the Europe date.

And with the Internet these days it seems like games are out in other countries MONTHS before Europe because of all the previews & reviews etc.

That would be because they are.

Super Paper Mario - 5 months later than USA.

Trauma Center - 8 months later.

Nintendo love Europe.

Edge Preview:

The opening chapter features you using all types of controls in your ship to suit up and land on the capital ship using the Wii Remote, it comes under attack etc. There's a lot more plot exposition and cutscenes and less scanning and you have a number of objectives, set pieces occur like a fighter crashing into a corridor.

The Norion chapter feels 'like a rollercoaster ride'. The game features a lot more combat and a number of 'epic' set pieces: A massive Phazon meteorite appears over the planet, Dark Samus returns and corrupts the other bounty hunters with a new Phazon weapon (they perhaps reappear as bosses later in the game) and there's a 'Clash of the Titans' style battle between a Berserker Pirate and one of the Bounty Hunters' robotic mounts. She finds the Grapple Beam here. You can call in your ship in certain areas, but it's basically a save/teleport system that can blow open certain doors with it's weapons.

The next section, the SkyCity, bears more than a passing resemblence to Star Wars Cloud City, it's a very different environment for Metroid Prime and features ornate environments and clockwork roots. The area is explored in a similar way to a Zelda dungeon, and features a 'rail system' between areas which you attach to with your grapple beam and have to shoot enemies that try to knock you off in on-rails sections. Still very combat-focused and little exploration.

The controls are great, especially on the no-deadzone setup. There are two lock-on options as well. Some switches that require more complex motions are more luck than skill. The preview ends with the paragraph, "The early game proves one thing we always suspected, however: The Wii Remote can provide one of the best firstperson control schemes around."

Doesn't sound very Metroid with too much combat and not as much exploration, plus but set pieces, especially with the game set out in 'chapters'. Still maybe this will be a greta new turn of events in the Metroid universe and take the game in a wonderful new direction.... or it'll be disappointing compared to the original Prime just like the second!

Doesn't sound very Metroid with too much combat and not as much exploration, plus but set pieces, especially with the game set out in 'chapters'. Still maybe this will be a greta new turn of events in the Metroid universe and take the game in a wonderful new direction.... or it'll be disappointing compared to the original Prime just like the second!

You have to remember the demos don't consist of that many puzzles, just like the prime 1+2 demos. I mean, why get 30 minutes with a game when you're spending more than half of it trying to do a puzzle.