NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Woo! The ball jump makes a return! :grin: I loved that one on the 2d games.

Since when did the morph ball had cannons? :wtf: Was it in Hunters?

No, as in cannons that shoot the morph ball, they were in Metroid Prime 2.

Anywhere else I can see the developers walk through? gametrailers keeps swithcing to a mobile phone adert (pink one) and freezing, its drving me insane - anyone else getting this?

For all the people complaining about all the casual games, dont people see this metroid, Smash, BWii, Mario kart etc ect as pretty amazing AAA titles?!

No, as in cannons that shoot the morph ball, they were in Metroid Prime 2.

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding then.

Anyway, any doubts I had about this game are now gone:

-I feared that Wiimote aiming could change Metroid Prime's perfect gameplay. Not anymore, since lock-on and good old circular strafing are back.

-I feared they would make it more like a "Shoot'em up" and less like a Metroid game. Not anymore. Those morph ball segments and grapple beam rides reek of classic Metroid-ness.

-I feared that the amazing sensations of the first Prime would once again go missing. Not anymore. I felt chills during the grapple beam rides because of the beautiful and looming sky.

This game is going to rock. Hard.

E3 Developer Walkthrough

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21690.html

- Chozo Architecture

- Visor display shown - just bring up the visor and select which one with a direction of the Wii-mote.

- New Morph Ball Jump (No need to bomb to jump) - just flick Wii-mote up!

- Skytown!

- Grapple zip-line shown!! AWESOME!!

- Star Wars Episodes II-III style robots.

- Morph Ball cannons return.

- Steamlord Mini-Boss (abit General Grevous, with the cloak!).

Looks awesome!!

See i told you:)

Ha

Just started Prime again. I never knew there was a voice over when you started the game?! Prime is an amazingly great game, i can't believe i haven't touched it in 4 years or something!

Hopefully be able to finish prime and move on to prime 2 by the time MP3 comes around.

Oh. My. Gawd. This game looks so much better in motion than in screens. It also looks as if it controls like a dream. I'm totally pumped up for this shit now. Will probably buy Prime 2 to keep me going after I've completed Twilight Princess.

Oh. My. Gawd. This game looks so much better in motion than in screens. It also looks as if it controls like a dream. I'm totally pumped up for this shit now. Will probably buy Prime 2 to keep me going after I've completed Twilight Princess.

I really liked Prime 2, it gets a bit of a battering at times, but I loved the whole Dark/Light Aether mechanic - even if it did seem a little over used at times.... i may just root out Prime and Prime 2 now....

Oh. My. Gawd. This game looks so much better in motion than in screens.

It's the same with MP2. Looking at screens from MP2, it looks like shit... but when I bought it and played it... man oh man I have 2 words for you: SANCTUARY FORTRESS!! Absolutely gorgeous. But in pics, it still looks awful, pretty bland.

Just completed Twilight Princess. Prime 2 is probably gonna be my next buy. This game looks the shit though. I would not be disappointed with those graphics on a 360. Of course it doesn't look as good as most 360 games, but it isn't a million miles away.

Gamefront quoted 1up (link doesn't work anymore though) that it felt like Halo and that Skytown was a lot like Library - that means the rooms were repeated frequently. They also said it's a lot more linear... but then again they only had half an hour playtime. They also said some positive things as well but I think these are covered enough already.

I'm glad as long as it's not too linear. I doubt though that they'll actually repeat parts of the level, after all Retro had enough time to develop it and they didn't screw up the last two.

It's stupid saying the game as linear from a E3 demo. Like, mental pacient stupid.

I just reciently finished prime 2 so im good to go for the third. took me a whole year or so to beat prime 2 :P

Does anybody know if this video os available anywhere else as I cant watch it.

Also, is anyone else having problems watching vids from gametrailers because of a stupid phone advert which locks everything?

It's stupid saying the game as linear from a E3 demo. Like, mental pacient stupid.

Especially when it's a Metroid Game.

Also, is anyone else having problems watching vids from gametrailers because of a stupid phone advert which locks everything?

Have you tried clicking on the black video screen to launch the video (close the new window that appears)?

You could try downloading the video.

Cannot wait until this. The only metroid I've ever played is MP, and that had great music and gameplay. Gonna get this.

Do people think you'll need have the other two for this? Can imagine as part of Nintendo's new casual focus meaning that it explains all of the story out..

I've only played the first one and boy was it hard have tried to get back into a few times but don't have a clue where to go, could start again but playing so much other stuff at the mo (Lunar Knights, Puzzle League, Zelda: WW..again, Resident Evil 4, P.N.03) I don't think I'll get the time to play this or the second really..

I don't think this game will do that as MP2 didn't either. And this game is said to be focused more to the hardcore than casual so..

Do people think you'll need have the other two for this? Can imagine as part of Nintendo's new casual focus meaning that it explains all of the story out..

Nah - The game will probably introduce Dark Samus, and all newcomers will really know is that it's got something to do with Samus and that it's really bad.

All the basics of the story will probably be found out - but those who have played the others will know about it's origins and stuff.

The stories from the previous Metroid Primes had not much to do with the successors as they really focussed on how messed up the planets were you landed on. Play them though. And scan things - the story is all in scanning.

Do people think you'll need have the other two for this?
Nope, Metroid Prime 2 didn't really do anything for the story, all it showed was Samus meeting Dark Samus and the kind of destruction Dark Samus can bring; both of which will be played out again in MP3!

Nope, Metroid Prime 2 didn't really do anything for the story, all it showed was Samus meeting Dark Samus and the kind of destruction Dark Samus can bring; both of which will be played out again in MP3!

I think that's pretty important as far as the story goes, it also showed that the Phazon didn't attack only Tallon IV

I think that's pretty important as far as the story goes, it also showed that the Phazon didn't attack only Tallon IV
Yeah but Prime 3 is also going to show that Phazon was spread throughout the galaxy, corrupting countless planets.

Also, Retro can easily make their encounter in Prime 3 make sense to newcomers and those who've played the other Primes.

Because you can't see Samus' expression behind the visor, the same scene can mean different things to both sets of players!

The fact there was no voice acring in Prime 2, meaning no specific conversations took place helps matters, as does the fact Samus won't be talking in Prime 3!

You really won't need to have played Prime 2 to understand the story!

They'll go to great lengths in Prime 3 to set Dark Samus' character up as a destroyer of worlds!

Yeah you won't need it to understand the story, but MP2 still had some development.