NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Unless you can recommend a better portable online shooter, then sure, it's a classic :).

Fun times were had.

Unless you can recommend a better portable online shooter, then sure, it's a classic :).

Fun times were had.

Ok you have me there. Still it isn't very good in one-player but i know it's a blast In multiplayer.

OMG look at these screenshots!! Some are new. :)

119828-9-2.jpg

119828-6-2.jpg

119828-8-2.jpg

119828-4-2.jpg

119828-12-2.jpg

Nice reflections of Samus's face^

119828-5-2.jpg

119828-7-2.jpg

119828-10-2.jpg

119828-11-2.jpg

119828-13-2.jpg

119828-14-2.jpg

119828-15-2.jpg

119828-3-2.jpg

119828-2-2.jpg

119828-16-2.jpg

119828-17-2.jpg

Holy crap those are good.

I particularly like the first pic and the one where it was pointed out you can see Samus' face. There's detail on the iris and each eyelash!

Is Samus in morph ball form in one of those shots? It looks like an elongated morph ball if it is.

Anyway, I think we can safely say these are the best graphics we've seen on Wii. *Waits for objection*

Wow! Looks amazing! It's going to score well in reviews, i can sense it. They really have made sure everythings perfect before releasing this beauty!

Is Samus in morph ball form in one of those shots? It looks like an elongated morph ball if it is.

Looks like something is attached to the Morph Ball.

119828-7-2.jpg

Looks like this is the games first suit update them!

Though it looks more like an armour upgrade than an actual suit.

Looks like something is attached to the Morph Ball.

119828-10-2.jpg

The morph ball is being held in the statues hand, like the Chozo statue's in Prime.

i hope you can fly your space shuttle now that would rock and i hope they actualy anounce on the E3 that metroid will be online , this game is a must have for me

i hope you can fly your space shuttle now that would rock and i hope they actualy anounce on the E3 that metroid will be online , this game is a must have for me
They've already said you wont be able to fly the ship; you just control it with commands.

Those shots look great! It'll probably be playable at E3 as well.

Here are two interviews with Retro Studios:

Play: http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=578&page=1

GamePro:

http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/features/119708.shtml

They state in both interviews above that the game is not online and is solely a single player affair.

Round-up of the interviews

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10741

First the screenshots, and now some brand new details for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

First of all, the game has no online or multiplayer modes - the "delay" was to perfectly balance out the game - Retro wanted to make the game easier while making as challenging as the last two. As a result, the game should have less frustrating bosses, and backtracking makes much more sense.

The audio of the game has also been improved. The music has a much more epic feel to it, and the game will also feature voice-overs. MP3 is much more story-driven than the last two, while still maintaining the loneliness of Samus. The game will also wrap-up the Metroid Prime trilogy. The controls make the game much more accessible, but the game is getting made for fans of the franchise. As Retro put it: "It’s definitely not for grandma. But if she wanted to play it, that’s awesome too."

The "Hypermode" (Phazon Corruption) aspect of the game is still a mystery - demo's won't show it as the game will gradually introduce it to you - it has a very long learning curve. It will also be something unique. Retro say that "is definitely [something] that you haven’t seen before."

The graphics have also had a major improvement over the GameCube game, and make use of the Wii's power. It will have things like more polygons, higher-res textures and bloom lighting, stuff that weren't possible on the GameCube. On top of this, the environment will be much larger, and the backgrounds will be much more dynamic.

Retro say that they will take a break from the franchise after Metroid Prime 3, but this doesn't mean that the Metroid franchise will end - it's just the Prime series that is coming to an end. Still, Retro say that it's possible for a Wii Remake of Metorid Prime 1 & 2 to happen at some point.

Very good update Cube. Thanks matey!

This definitely puts a lot of our minds to rest.

Retro say that they will take a break from the franchise after Metroid Prime 3,
Good news! Hopefully a fantastic new IP from Retro underway soon!

Great update, not fussed over lack of multiplayer... as I've said in an earlier post, if the control really is as spot on as people say it is, then I hope for an online FPS of the same calibur some time in the short future (nothing to do with Metroid mind)!

Good news! Hopefully a fantastic new IP from Retro underway soon!

i hope they will continue with the Raven blade game

ravenblade_0607_screen002.jpg

i hope they will continue with the Raven blade game
Yeah that game always did look great and there's definately potential for Raven Blades sword combat on Wii; though it's a bit of an untested area at the moment, as Ubisoft didn't really achieve much! maybe the class of Retro Studios would have more luck!

However, I think the best move for Retro (and Nintendo) is for them to develope an exclusive Nintendo FPS (as others have said); Nintendo themselves don't look likely to ever do it!

They could turn a FPS out much more quickly aswell, as they can just rework the Metroid Prime 3 engine!

And they already have fantastic textures/environments/effects/character models in their portfolio from the three Metroid Prime games, which they can rework into something truely fantastic! and really save on development costs!

They look good. I do hope metroid continues however and we don't have to wait that long for the next one. *cries at the long gap between super metroid and fusion*

They look good. I do hope metroid continues however and we don't have to wait that long for the next one. *cries at the long gap between super metroid and fusion*

Someone could always do a New Metroid for the DS.

I can still sense a 2d remake of super metroid for ds.

The touch screen could be used for the missle changes etc. But I would prefer a brand new one.