NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Do we know if this will support widescreen and 480p?

I think I read it does

IGN's Matt *insert correct spelling here* said that it does in the Wii-Review podcast.

Don't Ninty demand that all titles support at least widescreen (although some still don't - yes I'm looking at you Heatseeker)?

Don't Ninty demand that all titles support at least widescreen (although some still don't - yes I'm looking at you Heatseeker)?
They don't demand, they only advise it. (same goes for 480p)

This is the game I want the most! I really hope we get this game this year! Earlier than November time too!

- First level - You are attacked on a spaceship while meeting with the ship’s captain…action packed

- Play feels motion controls work better than dual joystick

- Super sensitive pointer in “advanced” mode

- Beam stacking ala Super Metroid

- Visor switch: Hold minus and flick Wiimote in certain directions

- Boss fight with Ridley at the end of the first level. Excellent difficulty curve by the time you reach the boss.

- Back tracking in MP3:C makes more sense than in previous Primes

- Extra development time was to give the game more polish. Nintendo wanted “Twilight Princess” levels of polish. Game is focused on Metroid fans and hardcore gamers, but still accessible to newcomers due to controls.

- Second level - floating city focused on exploration

- Larger environments, bloom lighting, better textures than Prime 2

- Corruption Mode not available in demo

- Play says it could be the biggest revolution in FPS gaming since Halo.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=20137

Good Stuff!

What was so revolutionary about Halo? (Genuin question, not ripping the piss)

TP level of polish...hmmmm

I've never really been a great believer in gonintendo, but if true then that sounds very promising. Especially the part about the floating city, that could be very interesting.

What was so revolutionary about Halo? (Genuin question, not ripping the piss)

TP level of polish...hmmmm

I honestly don't know. Grenade button maybe. Not knocking Halo though, awesome series, however I wouldn't say it was revolutionary.

MP3 looking better by the second.

I honestly don't know. Grenade button maybe. Not knocking Halo though, awesome series.

I loved the grenade button, I really missed it in Gears of War...

I didn't see anything really stand out in Halo (like you I'm not knocking it, I can't wate for Halo 3) except its extreme polish.

Isn't the idea of a ship being attacked at the beginning of the game seriously ripped from HALO? It is a good game but Half Life has bettered it surely...oodles of times. I even think Goldeneye / Perfect Dark had console controls nailed. HALO does control well but I don't think its the best. If anything it is remembered for it's set pieces. It does seem that the Metroid franchise gets compared to HALO quite a lot. Shame really as Metroid reminds me of ALIEN at times!

I honestly don't know. Grenade button maybe. Not knocking Halo though, awesome series, however I wouldn't say it was revolutionary.

Not revolutionary, but nobody claims it is. It's just a fantastic FPS.

Not revolutionary, but nobody claims it is. It's just a fantastic FPS.

Well apart from Play magazine.

Also not sure about weapon stacking system, could make combat really boring not being able to change weaponary.

If Metroid had co-op in its main game I would be touched in mysterious ways.

I hope the Wii gets to show its FPS potential here. Its about time.

Wasn't the best thing about Halo the music and CO-OP?

And what's so good about the music?

Anyway this really tells you nothing new just a load of opinions. Halo? An FPS revolution? Er what, I really think timeplitters is the better game.

Well apart from Play magazine.

Also not sure about weapon stacking system, could make combat really boring not being able to change weaponary.

This is retro studios i trust them even if they decided to create the whole metroid game based in a Cardboard box.

They have had plenty of time to focus on the single player this time. No distractions.

metroid primes music is awsome

Exactly. Halos music is only good on the main menu...Metroid prime wins in music and graphics i would think.

Halo has some pretty cool music in places, but yeah, nothing compared to Prime.

I don't think Timesplitters was better, although I can't say it was worse. Those were the two best console FPS' of that generation.

I too think Halo is overrated, it does what PC FPS's have been doing for decades. I understand its fun online, but that doesn't make it better than a reasonable FPS.

Decades? Lol. FPS' have only barely been around for a decade. Either way, it's a very well made shooter.