NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

i can't wait for the game...metroid prime the game that kept me playing the gamecube. it made me get back into nintendo(i actually bought the gamecube for sonic mega collection;))

I like echoes but i have a lot of faith in this.........well that's my two cents(boring wasn't it)

Of the Big Three, Brawl looks the least finished (no gameplay whatsoever)

Erm....The gameplay's been more-or-less shown in the videos...And although it's not finished, they've probably done the core stuff by now; it's just all fine tuning and doing that "proper 1P" they were talking about etc etc.

i can't wait for the game...metroid prime the game that kept me playing the gamecube. it made me get back into nintendo(i actually bought the gamecube for sonic mega collection;))

I bought the GC for Twilight Princess, ironically enough. :heh: After the N64, which was an excelent console, the late 90's were an excelent time for being a gamer, I had kind of lost interest in video games, the GC didn't click for me for a long time. It wasn't until the TP trailer shown around Christmas 2004 that I decided to absolutely get the GC. Turns out, the game ended up on Wii (I know it's for GC too, but I rather play it on Wii). :heh:

Now, the same is happening sort of, I still haven't bought the Wii, and not for lack of opportunity, I see it in stores a lot, it's just that it still hasn't games for me. The only good game it has is TP really (Wii Sports too). If Super Paper Mario had come out in Europe this month, that would be game No 2, but alas some things never change and Europe keeps getting games too much time later. Trauma Centre is another example.

This isn't really that much of a deal, but there's so little on the game at the moment,

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7349/1/Metroid_Prime_3_Rated_Teen_-_Boxart

Nintendo Speculation | Metroid Prime 3 Rated Teen - Boxart

Quick News - We've just stumbled onto an intriguing listing over at Newegg, which appears to show the boxart for upcoming blockbuster, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. We'd guess that this is indeed the official *current* boxart, however they're always very subject to change. It also looks to reveal the ESRB rating, could it indicate the game is closer to release than we think? Or just an estimate? It's some pretty swish boxart nonetheless. View for yourself:

prime3art1.jpg

I don't think that is the official boxart; to me it just doesn't look all that impressive, just some artwork put together! I'd hope they'd do something better with the ship than just put it across the background like that!

Also the fact it has a rating on the box doesn't really mean anything. Anyone making a boxart could predict that rating as both other Primes had it!

If it is the current boxart I hope they change it!

Though Metroid Prime 1 and 2 were pretty much just artwork put together, they had more effects put on them (well MP2 did!);

250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg250px-Echoesboxart_(Large).jpg

The person who made that up can't even C&P properly (look just under the Wii logo)

fake or not, that boxart looks way better than the the first 2 Primes

The person who made that up can't even C&P properly (look just under the Wii logo)
Yeah you're right!

It just doesn't look professional, I don't know why cubed3 posted it; maybe because there's nothing else to post about the game!

fake or not, that boxart looks way better than the the first 2 Primes
Prime 2 looks WAY better!

I even prefer Prime 1; despite it being plain it just has that look of the adventure stating out!

The box art does look impressive, wouldn't mind if the official box art looked like that or similar to it.

I'm pumped up about this game, it has to be one of the main reasons why people bought a Wii to experiance using the Wii-Mote to control Samus's arm cannon.

Samus looks alot less anal in the 3rd box, and i like how her ship has her back, like the game supposedly.

The Prime 2 box is half-assed, like the game itself

hmm is it me or does the 3rd box art look like that samus is left handed :P
Hmmmm... interesting, veeeery interesting!

Prime 2 looks WAY better!

I even prefer Prime 1

Prime 2's cover is fugly! The original is ace though.

The boxart for the first one is the best, by miles. Just look at that pose, and the suit, looks so awesome. Lovely and clean, not a cluttered cover at all, which is just what you want.

I doubt it's the boxart, seeing as Samus is left-handed in the picture. Prime 2's boxart looked a bit shit imo.

I think the logo for Corruption looks a bit rubbish to be honest, looks almost cartoony and ruins the box. I loved 1 and 2, so naturally i can't wait for this, and i hope that the time spent on the game is for a great control system rather than some half-arsed multiplayer mode. Yes Metroid prime 2, I'm looking at you.

Prime 2's boxart looked a bit shit imo.

Good choice of words. lol.gif

Well looky here

Metroid Prime 3 - They are “hearing†there may be some news coming about the game sooner than you think. He said maybe more details, release date, but news should be coming.

From IGN podcast.I hope there some news about the game soon,we've had none in ages,if this is true and there is news soon,maybe we will get a date,and that would go with the boxart that Retro_Link posted.Maybe it'll be sooner than we think.Who knows.

From IGN podcast.I hope there some news about the game soon,we've had none in ages,if this is true and there is news soon,maybe we will get a date,and that would go with the boxart that Retro_Link posted.Maybe it'll be sooner than we think.Who knows.
Wonder if a summer release could be on the cards? Hope we here something soon!

Well looky here

OMG, Matt is such a pompous bastard, thinking he knows stuff and shit. Hate him in the most juvenile way possible!!

I would love this game to come out in time for summer! Not knowing how long we have to wait really hurts!

...and from IGN...

Iwata also touched upon a few other points of interest for Nintendo. Noting the success of the Wii in international markets, he discussed the use of the Wii-mote and nunchuk as a controller for first person shooters. "Metroid Prime is not out yet, so this is just the opinion of testers, but it's being rated close to the keyboard and mouse control that's the standard for PC games," Iwata disclosed.

Just to back up what Shadow posted a while back, some more info for this game looks like will be coming real soon....

Once again TheGame brings us some more info from the latest IGN Wii-k in review podcast. We’ve been hearing from Matt Casamassina that we should get some new Metroid Prime 3: Corruption news in the near future. Now we might actually have a specific week to look forward to. In his most recent podcast Mr. Casamassina says that the “week of May 20th looking good” in relation to Corruption. I really hope so, it’s been way too long since we’ve heard about this game. Just give me an official release date and I’ll be happy.

Some more info for this game looks like will be coming real soon....

That would be good.

As for the 'boxart', its a bit meh, and too similar to prime 2, which was poor.

Prime 1 boxart was a great boxart to introduce the series, and there was a cool spooky background.

Id like to see Metroid turning into a 15 rated game instead of teen, because they could do a lot more with the blood effects.