NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

but if teh reticule is fixed how do you aim at targets?

I'm not sure if you're being serious but "fixed" reticule is the control PC and console games currently use where you move the camera, as opposed to the Wii games where you move the reticule you're aiming with and then the camera moves when you get so far across the screen.

Anyway, Nintendo are doing an annoyingly good job of keeping this game under wraps...there's never any new media at all.

Im suggesting that with a fixed reticule, the screen will move with the Wiimote, but when you point outside the "box" the screen will continue to move by itself. This will make it esay to have the screen stop moving again by pointing inside the "box", yet at the same time you will be able to move the screen about without it moving by itself. See?

Isn't that exactly how it is now, but with the reticule fixed in the centre of the screen instead of moving around?

James, Mokong meant that if the reticule is fixed in the centre of the screen, as substeiner suggested AND there is still the invisible box in the middle of the screen, then how would you aim at targets within this box? I think. It's all getting really complicated now...

but if teh reticule is fixed how do you aim at targets?

You wouldnt be able to, so that might be a bad thing.

Isn't that exactly how it is now, but with the reticule fixed in the centre of the screen instead of moving around?

When you move the reticule now, the screen doesnt move.

Samus does not move her head to shoot in a particular direction.

That is the only sensible explanation for this.

Her arm is independant from her view.

Shooting isn't such a big deal anyway.. the pace is slow.

Samus does not move her head to shoot in a particular direction.

That is the only sensible explanation for this.

Her arm is independant from her view.

Shooting isn't such a big deal anyway.. the pace is slow.

Interesting point. I know everyone is going mad for the Wii-mote but at the end of the day, it isnt the shooting that made MP what it was.

it isnt the shooting that made MP what it was.

So true. It was the awesome scanning. :grin:

Man, we need some more Metroid info...

Q1 2007 [January to March 31st], I think thats when it will be released, not 100% sure though.

Winter 2007. There is some confusion as to whether this means the beginning of 2007 or the end. We are assuming it means the beginning of 2007. I hope it's the end.

Winter 2007. There is some confusion as to whether this means the beginning of 2007 or the end. We are assuming it means the beginning of 2007. I hope it's the end.

Same. We'll get a better quality game as a result [Just look at Zelda and see how the delays have paid off] and open up an additional slot for third party support win win situation for everyone except povos that have limited money. This game will be another killer app and I really want it to end the Prime series in style.

Well, it was going to be a launch game, so I think around March would be realistic, it looks like it's pretty far along in the development cycle...so I'm guessing it'll be out soon.

Im suggesting that with a fixed reticule, the screen will move with the Wiimote, but when you point outside the "box" the screen will continue to move by itself. This will make it esay to have the screen stop moving again by pointing inside the "box", yet at the same time you will be able to move the screen about without it moving by itself. See?

Sorry its hard to explain.

YOUR SIG IS AWESOME.

I just want this Prime series to be over with ASAP.

What you think they're going to stop making Metroid only FPSes in 3D?

When Nintendo finds a good gaming scenario, they usually don't mess with it.

To be honest, I think the series was better in 2D. I know it would be stupid for a Wii game to take a step backwards, so I think the next Metroid game after the Prime trilogy is over will be something like Zelda crossed with Battallion Wars.

I want the Prime series to continue forever! And I want Metroid Fusion to die slowly!

Dare you speak of Metroid Fusion in such a tone! It is a god among games heathen!

Nintendo have got something awesome with the Prime gameplay though, I will be very annoyed if Nintendo try to do something third person, unless it is like Jet Force Gemini, although that seems like what Star Fox wants to do during its ongoing identity crisis.

Dare you speak of Metroid Fusion in such a tone! It is a god among games heathen!

HA! I spit on your god! *SPIT* Your god offers random help, which takes the pleasure out of my backtracking life!!

samusfusionsuit.jpg

Fusion suit samus wipes off your spit, then stares intently at you.

FEAR PEASANT!!!!!!!!!!!

samusfusionsuit.jpg

Fusion suit samus wipes off your spit, then stares intently at you.

FEAR PEASANT!!!!!!!!!!!

fusion was the worst metroid game(bar 1 and 2).I always found zero mission better even though it was a ramake.To short and too much button mashing.I loved the game but sorry it isnt a god among games

fusion was the worst metroid game(bar 1 and 2).I always found zero mission better even though it was a ramake.To short and too much button mashing.I loved the game but sorry it isnt a god among games

FOOL!!!

SAMUS X IS ON YOUR TRAIL!!!

And yeah it isn't the best metroid game, but an average metroid game is still better than most other games.

oh ya defo!The worst i have played is metroid 2 return of samus.What a joke.i dont care that it was gameboy.