NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I'd like something really different, just totally original. Hell, they've invented genre's before right?

Nintendo need to stop pushing Star Fox from one third party to another, I think Nintendo should start working on Star Fox themselves once again because the original and Lylat Wars were the ones we love the most.

Nintendo should let Retro do their own game and if it's a big hit then Retro should continue to make new IPs.

I guess if this were to happen then Nintendo will have to start making Metroid internally again which is no bad thing.

Just as long as they don't give Metroid to NST or N-Space... (Shudders)

well intelligent systems made super metroid didnt they?

it would be good to see them have it again.

I'd like something really different, just totally original. Hell, they've invented genre's before right?

I'm always thinking that there must be some untapped style of game that would work really well. Such as a First-person platform game (Prime is halfway there).

I think Retro will be given the task of doing a starfox game or they are going to be doing their new IP FPS with a crysis gameplay concept

Nah, the RPG shit should be left to Camelot, Nintendo should get them to make a Huuuuuge Chrono Trigger esque adventure, or even Golden Sun Wii.

Retro, with the Beat em ups or a traditional FPS.

I'd vote for... let them do whatever they want...

But I'll go ahead and ask for a great storyline-driven game with epic enviroments.

As for the style... I have no objections.

You guys talking about what retro are gunna do after Prime 3? Well if ou are I reckon they will carry on with Metroid but maybe 3rd person?

I'd vote for... let them do whatever they want...

But I'll go ahead and ask for a great storyline-driven game with epic enviroments.

As for the style... I have no objections.

It's reassuring that we won't ever have to worry about Retro environment art/design. Only thing I would say that there are not amazing at is probably their organics. That goes for modelling and animation.

It's reassuring that we won't ever have to worry about Retro environment art/design. Only thing I would say that there are not amazing at is probably their organics. That goes for modelling and animation.

HUH? you have to be joking. I always thought thats where they stood out from the pack.

You guys talking about what retro are gunna do after Prime 3? Well if ou are I reckon they will carry on with Metroid but maybe 3rd person?

I'd love a 3D 2D Metroid DS game (like NSMB, but with a great story and stuff). Its the perfect next step for the Metroid series...possibly for the makers of Fusion, tho

Anyway, why are we talking about after MP3? It isn't even here yet.

HUH? you have to be joking. I always thought thats where they stood out from the pack.

Most of the bad guys in the Metroid games are exoskeleton based, like insects. This mean that they only flex in their joint, which is very convenient from an animation point of view. But when it comes to animating something like the first boss in MP I think there were further steps to be taken. Hear me out when I say that I don't think that it's bad animation, it's just the part of the games that if made better would improve the experience in my eyes.

This is quite a problem unilaterally though. Inferring muscle flex, anticipation and better feelings of weight/mass is a real must for me in the coming generation. There have been so many games with such horribly animated human figures (lots of PS2 games, the godfather to name one). Some of it also comes down to the lazy use of motion capture on models which don't suit it. Things like these and horrific texture morphing across shoulders and waistes just make me see them as bags of polys. Now Halflife2 animation... :santa:

Just had a nostalgic trip down memory lane and briefly played both Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and then compared it to the trailer shown recently, anyone that says that MP3 graphics are no better than the gamecube games are sadly mistaken, even in progressive scan. Based on whats been shown of course.

Most of the bad guys in the Metroid games are exoskeleton based, like insects. This mean that they only flex in their joint, which is very convenient from an animation point of view. But when it comes to animating something like the first boss in MP I think there were further steps to be taken. Hear me out when I say that I don't think that it's bad animation, it's just the part of the games that if made better would improve the experience in my eyes.

This is quite a problem unilaterally though. Inferring muscle flex, anticipation and better feelings of weight/mass is a real must for me in the coming generation. There have been so many games with such horribly animated human figures (lots of PS2 games, the godfather to name one). Some of it also comes down to the lazy use of motion capture on models which don't suit it. Things like these and horrific texture morphing across shoulders and waistes just make me see them as bags of polys. Now Halflife2 animation... :santa:

Yeah, I just played a bit of MP1 and I noticed that the animation of the walking enemies was quite poor and the physics weren't really great either. Also, all shader capability of the Cube in MP1 is devoted to lighting... Explosions look really dull. Of course we can't blame a 2003 game (it still looks very good) but I hope Metroid Prime 3 fixes those issues.

I'd love a 3D 2D Metroid DS game (like NSMB, but with a great story and stuff). Its the perfect next step for the Metroid series...possibly for the makers of Fusion, tho

Anyway, why are we talking about after MP3? It isn't even here yet.

You speaked the truth. I so want a 2D 3D hybrid metroid. The best of both worlds.

Just had a nostalgic trip down memory lane and briefly played both Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and then compared it to the trailer shown recently, anyone that says that MP3 graphics are no better than the gamecube games are sadly mistaken, even in progressive scan. Based on whats been shown of course.

Yeah, i don't get why people say it looks the same. It's looking way better. It's hard to see on the movies and pictures but with close analysis you can see the lightning has been greatly improved among other things.

Think my mate said 7 years.. not entirely sure if that's accurate. Can't be arsed to check Wikipedia.

Super Metroid -> Metroid Prime this is, none of the GBA games.

Whether or not this is the last I won't be sad.. Samus has had a great innings and it's better to go out on a bang than fizzle away like so many other titles.

I think Metroid is one of the greatest game series ever created.. I've only just finished Prime and I was engrossed start to finish.. despite the slow pace it held me every corner. Few games do that.

This will be the best Metroid game ever and sadly the last?

Can't imagine Nintendo killing/freezing it. Nintendo's franchise policy is not like that.

Maybe Nintendo will make a UT-like Metroid Prime Hunters for Wii. And then they'll try again with another series.

It was a whole lot of years waiting for a Metroid. Man, was that painul. I'll never forget the unveiling of Prime.

This will be the best Metroid game ever and sadly the last?

Obviously not. Nintendo said this is going to be the last Metroid PRIME game. The last of the trilogy. After this they can go back to the Metroid main story with Metroid 5 or even another side-story like Prime.

How long was it after the last metroid game that Prime came out?

That's 9 freaking years my friend. I did not felt the pain because i didn't knew what Metroid was but i don't want to feel it either.

That's 9 freaking years my friend. I did not felt the pain because i didn't knew what Metroid was but i don't want to feel it either.
That's longer than Zelda TP wait. I don't want to experience that.