NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Yeah I have my doubts about it fitting in one disc too, specially if they intend to make it a 100 hour game with orchestrated music.

Two weeks?! OOT took me forever haha, well about 4 months i guess, not playing contantly of course and i did stop playing for like months when the bastard water temple got to me too much. At the end of the day though, you need a slap for even saying that, when someone labours love and commitment into a game to make it so enjoyable you sit on your ass for hours on end and finnish it in two weeks that should be a testiment to its time in development not 'well all that wait for two weeks'. Honestly.

The GameCube disks can technically fit up to 5GB of data with MASSIVE compression. This would lead to huuuge loading times.

Although, there is no way that Zelda will fit on 2 or probably even 3 disks. I wouldn't be supprised if it was a 4 disk game. Seriously.

Jav: Completely agree with you. Zelda isn't just a 2 week thing. A Zelda game becomes part of your life. The side quests and the main quest will have you playing for months, not weeks.

Jordan: Do you think this raises speculation that this game could be a Revolution launch title?

Didn't see Coo's post there. Seriously, Zelda taking two weeks? Playing Zelda is like making love you make it last as long as you can. I take months to finish a Zelda game.

You take months making love hellfire? O_o :P

*thinks*

Hellfire, you know how i've always liked you...

Didn't see Coo's post there. Seriously, Zelda taking two weeks? Playing Zelda is like making love you make it last as long as you can. I take months to finish a Zelda game.

True!

I'm positive Zelda: OOT took me months to complete!

I didn't play it daily, but i know it's one of the longest game i've ever played.

Wind Waker took me quite a while as well, but i didn't want to complete it, so i took my time, it's much shorter though ain't it?

Guys, i'm seriously having doubts about this. The more i see of this game, the more i think "damn, that's a lot of stuff they're getting onto that gamecube disc."

Haven't the gamecube discs been known for having less storage space than their competitors? And by the looks of things, there is a great deal of graphical detail in this game. If this does get released on the cube, it must surely be on more than 1 disc?

Zelda will fit comfortably on one disc. One Revolution disc that is. Wait and see...

Zeldas take me ages to complete, OOT took me months, as I got stuck quite a bit. And when you say something you'll 'forget about'....um...I could never forget OOT, same goes for most Zeldas.

I wouldn't be supprised if it was a 4 disk game. Seriously.
Same here. In fact I think that's pretty much guaranteed.

And considering the standard GCN cases can only hold 2 disks, hopefully that will mean we get it in a nice special edition pack! :smile:

You take months making love hellfire? O_o :P

I'm all man!

And fierce :kiss:

Same here. In fact I think that's pretty much guaranteed.

And considering the standard GCN cases can only hold 2 disks, hopefully that will mean we get it in a nice special edition pack!

I would like to know how this solution would work, I mean changing disks while riding Epona through Hyrule... :heh: Every time I think about this game it all points to the same place, Revolution.

Zelda will fit comfortably on one disc. One Revolution disc that is. Wait and see...

Not gonna happen,im expecting zelda to be atleast 2 discs though,with the graphics ,orchestra and 100 hours of play,no way can it be one,surprised if it is only on one

Is anyone else actually getting anoyed with the lack of info or footage? Would it really take getting on for six months to institue these new features? I'm still pretty pissed off that they only let us have a few screens in compensation for the dealy. Pull it together Ninty, this going to be your last GCN game ffs!

There should really be more at D.I.C.E if not i wanna kno wwhat the hell theyre playing at

I would like to know how this solution would work, I mean changing disks while riding Epona through Hyrule... :heh: Every time I think about this game it all points to the same place, Revolution.
Yeah, when you put it like that it does seem a bit weird and I have to admit that I've not really given much thought as to how Zelda on multiple disks would work, but I'm sure Nintendo will find a way to make the transition between discs as seamless as possible.

That or like you say it's been held back for the Rev.

But do you really think they would hold this back to be a Revolution launch game? Just can't see it myself. :shakehead

Anyway, whatever it’s coming out on I just hope we get some more info soon!

oh god , now people are doubting about getting the game on a gamecube disc?

Stop worrying about stupid little details. That's why you can use 2 or more discs for a game.

Remember Final Fantasy games on playstation?

Let's worry about the next useless thing: link's Shoes !

i dont care if its on more thanone disc, it happened for MOH: rising sun. i admit it was a pain putting in the first disc for it to say put in the other one for multiplayer, but it was fine when in the game. it just said please put in the second disc, then loaded up in no time. these details im sure nintendo have thought over.

the only thing im worried about right now is that will i have enough tie to play it. if it comes out soon, then not much time for me = GCSE's, revising etc. but if later in the year, after may, then ill have plenty time.

Oh my god I hope his shoes have a decent tread and fit so that they're comfortable enough for him!

tales of symphonia was 2 disc and was 80 hours therefore zelda must be 3 at least. because of the graphics and 100 hours.

Only downside of multi disks, is that some places will be totally inaccessable on other disks.

Thus ruining the whole "go here and explore, then go there." without disk swapping.

That doesn't actually always happen, for example, from what I recall you can explore the whole world of Tales of Symphonia on both discs. In other words, the entire world and all the locations can easily fit inside the space of one, but what the extra space is used by is stuff related to cutscenes, such as spoken dialogue, cutscene specific music, etc.

A game like Zelda, with no proper voice acting, little in the way of orchestrated music and no fmv is very unlikely to take up 2 discs, even if there's a massive world that takes a huge amount of time to explore. I can't say for sure this new title will only use one, although if I knew the exact file size of Wind Waker, it'd be much easier to tell.

That doesn't actually always happen, for example, from what I recall you can explore the whole world of Tales of Symphonia on both discs. In other words, the entire world and all the locations can easily fit inside the space of one, but what the extra space is used by is stuff related to cutscenes, such as spoken dialogue, cutscene specific music, etc.

A game like Zelda, with no proper voice acting, little in the way of orchestrated music and no fmv is very unlikely to take up 2 discs, even if there's a massive world that takes a huge amount of time to explore. I can't say for sure this new title will only use one, although if I knew the exact file size of Wind Waker, it'd be much easier to tell.

1,3 GB they used up almost all the disc... now I'm sure they weren't trying to compress it that much, not compared to when OoT fits in 32 MB... with TP they could throw in a lot more, for example side quest with existing non-player characters take little code space to do.

Still I have mixed feelings about how are they going to put it all in one disc.