NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Dude you can just do slight wrist flicks not jump around like a loon (which you can do if you want) @ Raven.

After reading up more on this rumor, I've decided that it must be fake. TP delayed until November? That would be completely illogical since Nintendo already stated that TP would be the last "conventional" Zelda and a new Zelda for Revolution would be totally different. TP is a GC title, the whole idea behind the new Zelda Revolution title will be the Revolution controls. TP with Rev controls would ruin that idea.

I just highly doubt Nintendo will screw GC owners to put in Rev controls, when they already have a seperate Rev Zelda planned. :sad:

After reading up more on this rumor, I've decided that it must be fake. TP delayed until November? That would be completely illogical since Nintendo already stated that TP would be the last "conventional" Zelda and a new Zelda for Revolution would be totally different. TP is a GC title, the whole idea behind the new Zelda Revolution title will be the Revolution controls. TP with Rev controls would ruin that idea.

I just highly doubt Nintendo will screw GC owners to put in Rev controls, when they already have a seperate Rev Zelda planned. :sad:

I don't see it as screwing the cube owners... firstly because it'll still run on gamecube, secondly... it's not like they'll send all the team home and stay there with the control system team tweaking it... no need to keep developing animation frames, more cutscenes, soundtrack and add more dungeons while polishing all the game for release... and we know all that development is going on; I believe it's like the "control system" comes from the wind waker engine (Zelda TP uses it) so it must be finalized: ok we have extra time to implement what we want, so instead of leaving that part of the team without work or moving them to other places... "well you guys add support for revolution in the meanwhile".

They are not delaying Zelda just because of revolution support, I'm sure of that, even because nintendo needed that title this christmas.

Also... look at the recent news: revolution gone gold, and rummors of it comming next may/april... If those are true you'd still get your zelda by april right? :) let's have some wishful thinking

I don't see it as screwing the cube owners... firstly because it'll still run on gamecube,

Yeah but it would be suffering another very long delay just to add something that will already be in Zelda Revolution.

"well you guys add support for revolution in the meanwhile".

Well Nintendo just delayed it to April. The only possible reason they would delay it again to November (as the rumor states) would be to add the controls. In my opinion Rev controls in TP just aren't logically worth another long delay, when they will already be implemented in the next Zelda. We'll see, I would still definitely treat this as a rumor.

I think it's extremely, if not certain, that the Rev controls thing is true, because the thing is, the Gamecube is going to be heavily overshadowed by competition next year, making it extremely hard to sell Zelda. With a title they've put this much work into, they're not going to be happy if it hardly sells and gets no attention. The way to combat this? Add exciting new elements to it that will work with their upcoming new console so that it can almost be considered a Revolution launch title and will therefore shift a ton more copies.

I think it's extremely, if not certain, that the Rev controls thing is true, because the thing is, the Gamecube is going to be heavily overshadowed by competition next year, making it extremely hard to sell Zelda. With a title they've put this much work into, they're not going to be happy if it hardly sells and gets no attention. The way to combat this? Add exciting new elements to it that will work with their upcoming new console so that it can almost be considered a Revolution launch title and will therefore shift a ton more copies.

Yeah but delaying TP isn't going to help. They need to just work on Zelda REV rather than focus on putting the same stuff in a GC game. And don't worry, TP will hold its own just fine either way.. :laughing:

After reading up more on this rumor, I've decided that it must be fake. TP delayed until November?

It doesn't have to be delayed until the Revos launch. Say it launches in June then you play it on the GC and when the Revo comes out you can play it again with the new controls system.

From a marketing standpoint it surely is better to release it close to the Revo though. But maybe Nintendo releases it a few month before the Revos launch for the GC and when the Revo is released they'll bundle it with the Revo - that would shift a lot of units. :yay:

Excuse my ignorance but when is that actually predicted to be coming out?

After reading the NGC preview of it and rather hyped yet when I looked at various shop release dates they all seemed to differ.

Thank you!

Excuse my ignorance but when is that actually predicted to be coming out?

I think officially it is to be expected not before the end of the first quartal 2006. There's a rumour that it will be out in April, which most people believe; however, with the E³ in May a release after E³ is more likely.

It doesn't have to be delayed until the Revos launch.

I thought the NGC rumor stated a delay for TP until November though?

TP will not be released in November NGC are talkin crap i think itll be april/may japan ,E3 is in USA so TP after E3 so possibly june/july and Eu can be from april-july its but a mystery till next year

Nintendo said Zelda:TP will be playable at E3 06 and the release date will be told after March.

i heard that its a worlwide release in march. would be good in march.

i predict it will come out this friday, i have my shotgun by the door ready to give the postman the good or bad news, depending on if he gives me the good or bad news.

From the new Nintendo Power...

3024320051228_144718_0_big.jpg

3024320051228_144718_1_big.jpg

Why is Ganondorf humping Samus? :shock:

Fishing looks fantastic. Beautiful scenery.

Why is Ganondorf humping Samus? :shock:

Samus is Zelda, isn't it obvious? :indeed:

its not till atleast april,remember we got a list of dates a while back up till end of march and zelda wasnt there

Someone please find the scans to the new NP magazine.

In the 200th volume of Nintendo Power,Kazuaki Morita is interviewed. He's one of the coders for EAD's Zelda Team, and you may recognize some of his work. He's the man responsible for the fishing mini-game you saw in Ocarina of Time and what you will see return in Twilight Princess. There is also a small new screen shot that shows Link out in the marshes, fishing on his canoe.

Nintendo Power also put out a special interview with an artist who did some work for the magazine.

You can see a special Zelda drawing of the original NES Link, cast and enemies.

But the real treat comes in the form of the poster which has a rendition of Twilight Princess Link (see the chain mail) and apparently Twilight Princess Ganondorf. Yes, he looks just like Ocarina of Time's Ganondorf, but please pay close attention and you will notice a small difference.

3024320051228_144718_0_big.jpg

Ganondorf seems to have pointy ears, he had normal ones in OOT. Or am I looking in to this a little too much?

Umm...sorry to burst everyone's bubble but NGC never said TP was delayed.

Read the article again, it clearly states that "sources" have said the REV will come out in November. They SPECULATE that TP will come out around the sametime as the REV, but they never said it would.

I'll copy & past my post on gamespot forums that I hope you read:

Everyone knows Orcarina was tricky when they first played it, and so was Majora's Mask, with the huge temples and non-linear temples (meaning you had to go back to old rooms, thus making the game longer). But Wind Waker was very.. simple. The temples, (all though I loved them, much better than OoT's) were a bit straight forward, and you really kept just going forward with simple puzzles.

Now after looking at the latest videos of the E3 demo, the temple looks too simple. Just keep going forward, amazingly simple puzzles (hell, the Deku Tree in OoT had harder puzzles) such as "rolling into a poll", and plain fighting. Though I do love fighting, the puzzles really kept me going and kept the player immersed in the game. Take a look at MM, there was so much you could do at one time, and figuring out what to do in what order. And it wasn't just "Go here" then "go here" then "go here", it was more complex and tricky thinking.

Looking at WW, it was kinda plain sailing (no pun intended). Go here, go here, talk to them, go in temple etc. And I don't want 100 hours of that to be honest in TP. Looking at the latest gameplay for TP, it seems its much more simple than WW, and doesn't look as magical. It looks too easy as well (I mean, the boss takes up 1/4 heart when it hits you).

Anyone else think this or is it only me? Maybe I just need some new screens to re-assure me this is going to be the Zelda we've been waiting for.

right...heres a smart idea right, rev comes out after summer, zelda comes out before summer. since it is a 100 hour game, u dont want to be bored during the summer now. now what do u think of that..HUH HUH

edit: valid point about the above

i really hope that ttp is rock hard