NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

100+ HOURS OF GAMEPLAY

Not that its confirmed but that would be EPIC

ps. Who thinks this game should have and alternate ending if you play it on REVOLUTION?

100 HOURS :grin:

Will be well worth the wait, and heck I love massive epic adventures, so it could become one of my favourites ever!

100+ HOURS OF GAMEPLAY

ps. Who thinks this game should have and alternate ending if you play it on REVOLUTION?

now that's just sill:p

i like the 100 hour part ive always wanted to play my favourite game series for around the same game time as i play my second favourite (zelda>ff) i hope that makes sense

100+ HOURS OF GAMEPLAY

Alright I made a real cool reply to that with a fairy granting you that wish and everything but IE crashed now you will only get the short story:

Eijo Aonuma confirmed in a recent interview that Zelda: TP takes over 100 hours to finish the main and sidequest.

He also said that the development team is quite huge and gets loads of cash - which is also spent on motion capturing Link and the animals. TP will become the guideline for any next-gen Zelda.

Source: I can't find the link of that Canadian website ... level something or so was the name!

100 hours, this game must be so huge, I wonder how many discs it will contain. But maybe the 100 hours calculation includes finding all the heart pieces and something like the Skulltullas and this can take a lot of time. I'd like to know how long the main quest will be.

And I don't know if anyone else would like this but I think it would be great that after completing the game (or any Zelda game) you could continue. Evil is defeated and the people are recovering and you can now see what changed and talk to them and all being thankful and such.

I went back to OoT to just to ride with Epona in Hyrule Field.

100 hours, this game must be so huge, I wonder how many discs it will contain. But maybe the 100 hours calculation includes finding all the heart pieces and something like the Skulltullas and this can take a lot of time. I'd like to know how long the main quest will be.

And I don't know if anyone else would like this but I think it would be great that after completing the game (or any Zelda game) you could continue. Evil is defeated and the people are recovering and you can now see what changed and talk to them and all being thankful and such.

I went back to OoT to just to ride with Epona in Hyrule Field.

Yeah I always thought that would be a good idea. I hope it is implemented

It's like that in the oracle games; they build a statue for you commemorating you victory. The people express their thanks and praise, their lives continue, with some moving countries as they are finally free from the evil that lurked in their lands.

has any 1 actually played the demo, i never personally got the chance to play the game but i heard it was good, any 1 played it and have their own oppinions, also does any1 know exactly why it was put back tio march 06, i heard it was becasuse they found a kick ass way of makining it a whole lot better, in which case it should be worth it.

has any 1 actually played the demo, i never personally got the chance to play the game but i heard it was good, any 1 played it and have their own oppinions, also does any1 know exactly why it was put back tio march 06, i heard it was becasuse they found a kick ass way of makining it a whole lot better, in which case it should be worth it.

I played the demo a couple of months ago. I can't really comment on the graphics, because the screen I was playing it on was really bad, and I could hardly see what I was doing, but it still played well. I spent most of my time in the village part of the game, where I rescued a cat, swam in the lake, smashed a bee hive and had a short go at rounding up the cattle (which I gave up on because it was pretty difficult, and I wanted to explore the village a bit more!), then I had quick go on the horseback swordfighting section, which was again pretty fun, but I couldn't really see what I was doing.

If you've got any specific questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them! :)

Japanese gaming magazine "Game Labo" claims in its newest edition that Nintendo wants to push Zelda: TP back as much as possible. The closer Zelda:TP to the Revolution launch is the better it is for Nintendo they think. Nintendo hopes to boost Revolution sales with that move.

also does any1 know exactly why it was put back tio march 06, i heard it was becasuse they found a kick ass way of makining it a whole lot better, in which case it should be worth it.

Ummmmmm...

Japanese gaming magazine "Game Labo" claims in its newest edition that Nintendo wants to push Zelda: TP back as much as possible. The closer Zelda:TP to the Revolution launch is the better it is for Nintendo they think. Nintendo hopes to boost Revolution sales with that move.

How does that one work out? Is this going to be a Revolution launch title? I guess with the backwards compatibility. Maybe they're adding Revolution specific features into the game?

How does that one work out? Is this going to be a Revolution launch title? I guess with the backwards compatibility. Maybe they're adding Revolution specific features into the game?

It wouldn't be the first time. I recall Oracle of Ages/Seasons having an extra dungeon when you played it on the GBA.

It wouldn't be the first time. I recall Oracle of Ages/Seasons having an extra dungeon when you played it on the GBA.

Nope; it just had a secret shop with some items in.

Maybe Nintendo are just hinking that they're not going to sell alot of Cube's with this game, so they'll try and shift alot of Rev's with it.

Nope; it just had a secret shop with some items in.
I was close ;).
yeah, but "Link's Awakening DX" for the gameboy color had a extra dungeon only acessable with a Gameboy Color.

As for ehancements in framerate, textures, particle system, bump mapping, resolution, AA, AF and Super Sampling... I hope they implement at least some of them.

It would be easy to include extra paths in the code like "if this is a revolution console [id verified]instead of the grass texture just generate real grass all over hyrule".

real simple and manageable, just like in PC games they make a diferent path for each GPU suported with slightly diferent settings, on the Gamecube it can run like a... say, a direct X 8 game (not really but...) without fur effect and all but with revolution new settings can be applied, like fur effect for all characters and grass everywhere, just little freebies from running the game from Low settings to High ones, not really making it next gen, but certainly with more eyecandy, giving a reason for people to upgrade from cube to revo, or buy a revolution just to play that game.

Not a bad theory, I'm not a fan of having Link die though, he's just too... I dunno, nooooooooo!

Here's another thought:

Hyrule IS flooded, yet as opposed to this being the end of the game, it's an event that is simply part of the progressing storyline.

Link manages to get to high ground and now has to defend the last remaining strongholds from falling, these in turn end up being the islands of Wind Waker, as Link survives for his lineage to continue...

I dunno, just bored and thinkin of possibilities.

You know, I'm afraid I don't buy that 100 hours thing, it's probably a mis interpretation. I don't doubt that I'll sepend 100 hours with the game though :P

Not a bad theory, I'm not a fan of having Link die though, he's just too... I dunno, nooooooooo!

Here's another thought:

Hyrule IS flooded, yet as opposed to this being the end of the game, it's an event that is simply part of the progressing storyline.

Link manages to get to high ground and now has to defend the last remaining strongholds from falling, these in turn end up being the islands of Wind Waker, as Link survives for his lineage to continue...

I dunno, just bored and thinkin of possibilities.

OMG, sorry, but I think that is a really great ending. I'm sure I'd cry at the end, even though I havn't cried in 3 years... but wow, I mean, who cares about Aries? She was only there for 1 game, if Link died that would be 20 years of getting to know each other gone. Even though he'd came back again, and this Link is just one of many... but still, it'd feel like 20 years.

How dare you say that about Aeris! Sniff... Sniff.... :weep:

Anyway, argh! This is really annoying this goddamn game would be out by now if Nintendo did not decide to delay it. Why can't Nintendo give us some shots or videos of the game to keep us going until Q2 2006! :mad:

How dare you say that about Aeris! Sniff... Sniff.... :weep:

Anyway, argh! This is really annoying this goddamn game would be out by now if Nintendo did not decide to delay it. Why can't Nintendo give us some shots or videos of the game to keep us going until Q2 2006! :mad:

anoying, but, not every company would delay such a key title, when it means they'll have a poor christmas sales compared to other home consoles.

But yeah, those bastards should release a new trailer and pics by now.