NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

As I am working with health issues I find the Wii quite interesting, if gaming kids get daily exercise for more than thier thumbs child obeseity might be less of a problem in the years to come. If people just quit drinking all those sodas with all the sugar...

I can vouch for that. I lost like 8 stone when I stopped drinking coke

Maybe they'll change it for Europe, Japan and Australia considering that America are the only country getting the GC version.

dont forget canada will get the same versions as the us

I dont care about gc controlls but it may be nice just to try them out but if there not on the same disk as the wii version i wont even bother. ::shrug:

Basically the Wii version is the mirrored gc version.

So exactly the same basically? Sorry I have never heard that term of phrase before.

Yeah i just had to post this... Demonmike isnt going to get Zelda with his Wii!

Yes i know shocking isnt it... surely hes braking some kind of law just thinking about not buying it!

Geez...

Why is everyone moaning about swinging your arm to use the sword. I'm in the army right now, and I can tell you that the durability of your arm increases quite rapidly if you train it. At first my left arm kept going numb from aiming in either standing or sitting stance, just after a few seconds. Now, less than a month later, I can hold the damn thing for five minutes without a fuss...

Hereby I pronnounce the Wii the official "bodybuilder-console"!

I guess only us tough guys will be playing Zelda on Wii.

Guys the wii isnt going to tire anyone out.

So if yo choose to play TP lefted handed, will it be mirrored again (ie back to original gcn)?

My question is why did they mirror it in the first place. If lefties can play it fine in the mirrored cersion then why couldnt we righties play it in the original version?

Guys the wii isnt going to tire anyone out.

So if yo choose to play TP lefted handed, will it be mirrored again (ie back to original gcn)?

personally I think it might have just been a quick way to implement a right handed option, instead of actually changing most of the code and implementing a diferent link model, using another hand in the cutscenes, I think they should fix it accordingly.
My question is why did they mirror it in the first place. If lefties can play it fine in the mirrored cersion then why couldnt we righties play it in the original version?
to immerse the player more, you'll be slashing with the right hand and link using the sword with the left one. that's hardly realistic.

So exactly the same basically? Sorry I have never heard that term of phrase before.

No, he means the entire game is in reverse, like mirror mode in Mario Kart, because of the change of sword hands for Link.

I'm really getting put off the Wii version, they're obviously having trouble getting it to fit the controller properly since they went with the sword swinging (I think the main reason was to free up B as an item button so they didn't need to use the d-pad for stuff like arrows) and now they've had to create some odd reversed version of the game for it to be properly comfortable. I really wish there'd only been one version of the game in the first place, although I appreciate the Wii one had to exist to help sales.

^^^

actually mirroring is probably the best way to go about it. I really dont see why there should be a problem?

Simply changing links hand would not work easily because all the collision detection and enemy animations would have to be re-worked.

I'm gald to see that there are not Zelda screenshots bursting out all over the place so I'm not too tempted to look at them and spoil some section of the game too much. Plus everytime I look at so much as one screen I start to hyperventilate. It's a public health hazard I tells ya.

I'm gald to see that there are not Zelda screenshots bursting out all over the place so I'm not too tempted to look at them and spoil some section of the game too much. Plus everytime I look at so much as one screen I start to hyperventilate. It's a public health hazard I tells ya.

I Too share this desease.....

I guess only us tough guys will be playing Zelda on Wii.

I like the sound of that. I plan on getting the wii version. But then again, I am quite fit anyway :smile:

Nobody here can say whether we are gonna get tired or not. It's going to have to be a hands on experience thing. But I really dont see how anyone is going to get tired. Because in the end, all that you guys will be doing is slashing the sword with a flick of the wrist.

And we all know how good some of these forum members at that!:laughing:

I like the sound of that. I plan on getting the wii version. But then again, I am quite fit anyway :smile:

Nobody here can say whether we are gonna get tired or not. It's going to have to be a hands on experience thing. But I really dont see how anyone is going to get tired. Because in the end, all that you guys will be doing is slashing the sword with a flick of the wrist.

And we all know how good some of these forum members at that!:laughing:

LOL!..........

By the way, where did anyone get the idea that the Wii version is mirrorred? Thats stupid.

because in every other Zelda game Link uses his left hand for sword plus the e3 demo was reversed for the Wii press event

Seriously who, probably everyone, a least skims through the instruction booklet and has a look at some info.

I for one do when im on the toilet, It's like a victory thing, ive just bought it. Also its a repelant, it holds me off playing straight away until ive read the manual.

and also needing the toilet.

I make myself read eevry manual in depth before even turning the thing on. Its painful, but i need to do it!!!

because in every other Zelda game Link uses his left hand for sword plus the e3 demo was reversed for the Wii press event

QFT.

Watch the newest videos and its all mirrored. Everything that was on the left is now on the right.

:laughing: my lord some people are realy scared fo exersize you should all start to fill up empty milk bottles and start to train if its that much of a problem:laughing: this is me laughing at yall

Why do people moan, how much effort is there in moving a mouse? typing on a keyboard?

Imo its bascially the same. if you don't want to move a bit, then for gods sake dont get wario ware.

Seriously how many times in a driving game, have you waved around and starting mimicking, thats how much movement is involved.

You don't have to get into it as much as those people in all those videos you've seen, they're on video they wanna look good.

All very fair points but the fact remains we should at least have the option to play this Zelda game in a traditional sense, especially if we dont get the Cube version over here.

Also I havent moved a pad around when playing a game for years. In fact the only time I can remember ever doing that was when I first played Mario Bros on the NES when I was trying to manipulate his jumps and that was only because it was the first time I played on it.

What gets me is that they said ages ago that this would be the last traditional Zelda, if that is the case then give us the Cube version!

Are you saying that you never turn your controller even a single bit when playing racing games? For some reason I don't believe you :p It feels natural to turn the controller when you are playing games like NFS.