NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

It sounds a little stupid, but I think nintendo shoul ask have the age rating to 16+, or put some moment of extreme violence in to get it raised.

The reason for this is because if people see Zelda in the shops they think "ha, nintendo, it's for kids! And it's only 7+! (3+ in the case of TWW) It must be for kids!"

Nintendo turned away from that path a long time ago. It sortof goes against everything theyre about.

Nintendo likes to make games for a load of different age groups. Hence why they're often refered to as "family friendly", or something to that effect.

Upping the age rating to 16+, and thus outcasting gamers who are under the age of 16, will not help anyone. Infact, it will probably do the opposite.

The players Nintendo are aiming at aren't the shallow ones who need to see an 18 BBFC certificate to even consider a game, so I think they'll be alright.

I will never understand why some people seem to associate a higher age rating with a better game, or even a "mature" game.

Usually the people trying to get the most 'mature' games are the ones who are the most immature.

Usually the people trying to get the most 'mature' games are the ones who are the most immature.

Bang on brother!

Well, it was just an idea.

It's just "family friendly" is often interperated as "made jsut for kids" by the games market by and large...

It sounds a little stupid, but I think nintendo shoul ask have the age rating to 16+, or put some moment of extreme violence in to get it raised.

The reason for this is because if people see Zelda in the shops they think "ha, nintendo, it's for kids! And it's only 7+! (3+ in the case of TWW) It must be for kids!"

(yes, the public are stupid when it comes to games)

If they see Zelda and think "ha nintendo, it's for kids! Wait a sec, it's (let's say)16+...It must be made for adults, I'll give it ago".

You never know what the public think, but this may help swing it, big time.

Sure would make a lot more 10 year olds buy it. The mature audience don't care what rating or how "cool" a game is.

Sure would make a lot more 10 year olds buy it. The mature audience don't care what rating or how "cool" a game is.

Truer words have never been spoken.

i thought majoras mask was a more mature zelda title... but that was because of the whole apocolypse feel to it. if twilight princess manages to pull off the same feel, i will be delighted.

and yeah, when you are out of your teens, and no longer bound by ESRB ratings, i find that you dont even look at them. i have NO idea what any of my games are rated (im sure killer7 has a higher number though...) and i just get them for the sheer fun of it.

anyone who does buy games solely by the age rating on it probably should be tied to some railway tracks somewhere...

Indeed, Majora's Mask is an example of a truly "Mature" game - i.e. one with mature themes rather than boobies and guns. Not that these two things can't feature in a mature game, but they certainly don't make one.

Link pulling the Master Sword out of the ground is simply epic! Looks even more epic than when he did it in OOT.

*gets kitchen towel to wipe away drool*

wow that clip of Link getting the Master sword gave me goosebumps even without sound on (I'm at work) Nice!

There was also a flying sequence! :bouncy:

Maybe the game will allow you to choose your handedness? That would be best I think ...For lefties and those who just like to have Link left handed :)

Maybe the game will allow you to choose your handedness? That would be best I think ...For lefties and those who just like to have Link left handed :)

like me! :D

I doubt it. They'd have to do 2 versions of every fmv because links sword would swap for the cutscenes.