NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Man that fishing... man. Oh man.

Man.

Damn.

Exactly my thoughts :indeed:

It really gets me wondering what they'll do with Lake Hylia if that's only the local fishing pond...

Yea if hyrule field is supposedly going to be as big as WW's ocean, then lake hylia's going to be massive (lake hylia will probably be part of hyrule field). And dont get me started on how big death mountain wil be...

Yea if hyrule field is supposedly going to be as big as WW's ocean, then lake hylia's going to be massive (lake hylia will probably be part of hyrule field). And dont get me started on how big death mountain wil be...

The Lost Woods would be endless :cry:

It would be cool if you saw rock formations poking out the top the water that resemble the islands from WW. And if you look closely with the telesope at the right time you see a tiny cell shaded Link on his boat. Wont happen but would be nice.

Would be awesome if you actually had to properly climb death mountain. Some real use of the grappling hook! Wonder if Link-wolf will be able to track with his sense of smell, definitely an idea I have been playing with in some of my game concepts.

Yesterday I had a funny idea where TP could fit into the timeline. It's rumoured that it will be set before WW. But my idea is a little different.

It could be set between young and adult OoT Link. This Link decides to take revenge because Ganon raided his village. During the final encounter with Ganon, Link is killed and then it switches to OoT Link and the Sage telling him, he's an adult now...

Yesterday I had a funny idea where TP could fit into the timeline. It's rumoured that it will be set before WW. But my idea is a little different.

It could be set between young and adult OoT Link. This Link decides to take revenge because Ganon raided his village. During the final encounter with Ganon, Link is killed and then it switches to OoT Link and the Sage telling him, he's an adult now...

Original but would never happen.

Anyway rather than just have the one death mountain, death mountain should be in a massive mountain range where all the gorons live (like in oracle of ages). Traversing between all those mountain would be sweet as.

And the lost woods should keep you from going out through some crazy directional algorithm, like in Zelda 1, instead of keeping you out like in OoT. Imagine getting lost in the lost woods. And it would be really hard to get out. The special directional algorithm for leaving would also be created random in-game instead of pre-programmed, so there wouldn't be a tutorial for leaving, and you wouldn't be able to remember from a previous game, etc.

That would be quite hardcore. Didn't they promise hardcore? Well I want inescapable lost woods!

I wouldn't say 360 good, if the textures were a bit better and not so low res it might be though. At the moment I still think RE4 looks better than this.

790773SENQB.jpg

RE4 has some horrible textures in there, you just don't notice it a lot in motion, specially because the game is very gritty and muddy. I doubt you'll notice these textures a lot in motion too, besides this is A LOT bigger than RE4.

Well graphical power aside etc. in terms of prettyness its probably the most beautiful looking game I've ever seen at times.

Well graphical power aside etc. in terms of prettyness its probably the most beautiful looking game I've ever seen at times.

Indeed, talent and time is what games need.

Yea, the scale of some of the screenshots reminds me of the elder scrolls 4. I would have to say though that both resi 4 and this looks next gen IMO.

Those comparison shots are good, the shadows have improved a lot, the widescreen really makes a difference too when you see them side by side. Hope they tone down how much of the screen the buttons are taking up in the Wii one though.

Best thing about LoZ TP and RE4 are that they don't make every texture shiny and plastic looking (halo 2, most ever 360 game, etc...). They look... real I guess :)

One of the gripes I had last E3 was that the Hud was taking to much space. Now with widescreen this has been fixed, but vertically it still takes a lot of space. Maybe there's an option to turn some things off.

We all know this is out to compete with the best game ever created, need not mention names, but what do we expect this to do that the other game didn't? Or is it not really that easy to put your finger on it because what made the other game so special wasn't really... identifiable :P

maaaan i am drooling over this zelda game!!!!! c'mon Wii hurry up and launch already!

Best thing about LoZ TP and RE4 are that they don't make every texture shiny and plastic looking (halo 2, most ever 360 game, etc...). They look... real I guess :)

which is why I never really got into any of the Xbox games like Halo or Halo 2. It was such a turnoff for me to play it. But the 360 games don't have this much anymore.