NEurope
Tekki

Where are you going to pre-order?

havnt thought about amazon, are they really reliable? will you get it a day before?

I have never gotten anything from Amazon later then they said it would arrive. I buy most of my stuff there. If it says despatched within 24hrs and then 1-2days delivery, it has always arrived within two days. When I had pre-ordered Wind Waker, they managed to get it to me the very day Nintendo had a random bout of generosity towards Europe and let the shops sell it a day early. I can only assume they sent it to me a day early anyway. Amazon are bullet proof.

Actually, wasn't GAME asking for a £20 pre-order token to show that you are 'serious' about making the purchase? And wasn't that non refundable?

The PSP and 360 was a £20 fully refundable deposit.

But yeah, I'll be pre-ordering from Game cause I work there.

Probably Gamestation, I usually buy from them and they'll price-match Game - Their staff are also friendlier and more knowledgable than the idiots in my local Game. If Game offered a midnight launch (and Gamestation didn't) and were doing better bundles (and Gamestation wouldn't match them) then I'd change my mind though, I might pre-order from both just to be sure. I won't get it online as most people who buy consoles online tend to be messed about, though I might buy my extra games online (the non bundle ones) as they'll undoubtedly be cheaper.

well.. im just going down to my local book shoop.. who also has a pretty good selection of games.. and buy it.. well just to be sure ill preorder it there if it is an option.. but Nintendo doesnt sell that well here in tiny DK

Gameplay for console! Gamestation for games as i saved £200 in credit notes!

Although i might get the console from Gamestation as well....

Hmm, probably Amazon. I'll wait until the launch details are announced before shopping for the best deal. :)

I would import Wii, but I got hit hard by customs charges when I imported my US/JP Gamecube years ago. :/ Yep, paying in dollars is cheaper but it won't count for much when Customs and Excise get their hands on your Wii.

Unless there's an unreasonably huge gap between the US/JP and EU launches, I'll wait for the European launch. I just hope they keep progressive scan in the EU Wiis.

Hmm, probably Amazon. I'll wait until the launch details are announced before shopping for the best deal. :)

I would import Wii, but I got hit hard by customs charges when I imported my US/JP Gamecube years ago. :/ Yep, paying in dollars is cheaper but it won't count for much when Customs and Excise get their hands on your Wii.

Unless there's an unreasonably huge gap between the US/JP and EU launches, I'll wait for the European launch. I just hope they keep progressive scan in the EU Wiis.

How much did customs charge you Smiter? I was half-thinking about Importing the Wii from the US.......

They charged me £80! Eighty sodding pounds!. I ordered it from Lik-Sang, it was one of their custom-modded US Gamecubes that also plays Japanese games.

If you do import, try a smaller retailer who may be OK with marking your package as a "Gift". I used to order from Tronix ( http://www.tronixweb.com/ I think) and they always marked my games as "Gift" so I never paid customs on those.

I'm not to sure where i'll get it from.Depends the price and what bundles there are.I got my cube from amazon and it arrived on the day.

Probably Game because they're reliable and it's the closest video game store near me. Would like to go to a midnight launch if there was one near me.

I'm hoping NoE will run one of their GIVE US STARS AND YOU GET CONSOLE EARLY deals

Would be cool if they did that again like the VIP Nintendo DS package.

According to my VIP account it says it was 1000 stars.

Hmm, I'll do that if it's 1500 stars. Was 110 cheaper?

Well that included Mario 64 DS, a Touch Me T-Shirt and two demos (Wario WAre Touched & Metroid Prime Hunters). Not sure if it was cheaper than it was in the shop but we got it early!

Cheaper if you got that stuff with it. How much was it earlier and whe ndid you get it?

it was actually £130 and bit of stars, i think it was 1000. and i got it alt least a month before the ds came out. we kinda payed full price for the ds and mario 64, but we got a free demo and t-shirt in the bundle.

Yeah I think it was a month before the actual UK release date. Well worth the stars in my opinion. Well it's the only decent thing I have got with my stars and I've got loads of them.

Cool thanks, I've sent an email to Nintendo asking if they'll do the same, doubt I'll get a reply, but still.

Well, I've got 2000+ stars in my VIP so if Nintendo Europe do the same with the Wii, I'm in. :P