NEurope
Atomic Boo

Top Gear new series

Top Gear special tonight at eight anyone? They're racing a 4x4 against a dog sled. Across the North Pole. Just don't think about the carbon footprint. :heh:

Awesome sounds like it should be fantastic.

My only gripe is that at the end Clarkson claimed that "two men with little knowledge and mostly drunk" made it across thanks solely to the car. I'd love to see them try again without those Norwegians picking up after them. I'd take the dog sled any day.

Can't believe I missed it. TV-links don't fail me now.

If you find it give me a shout please. I was going to watch it but was out on the tennis courts instead.

anyone else feel cheated that they went to the magnetic north pole, not the real one. thats a difference of 12 degrees of lattitude, which is a long way. a quick wiki says they were at least 530km from the geographical north pole.

That was great, but I would have hated to have been in either Clarkson's or James's position. The bit with the lighter fuel was cool, but how did they get back?

i felt gutted for hammond, really did, he had the harder path in terms of physical challenge, and i really wanted to see the sled win.

also, thought it was really bad how clarkson said "they say climate change is destroying it, in truth it hasent scratched the surface" bet he wasnt thinking that when the car almost cracked through the ice.

still good episode, loads of laughs, and the north pole truly is stunning.

Great show, can't wait for the new series. Did they go to America in series 8? If they did my Virgin central doesn't have it..

If that is the las tseries, you missed the greatest episode ever

Any idea if this will be on BBC iPlayer or not? I'm watching the rugby tonight which also starts at 8...

Indeed, The rugby clashes with this :(

But Top Gear is the greatest thing on television so I'll have to check the Rugby score quick every few minutes.

Apparently those amphibious cars they made are coming back for a re-match at some point this season. Can't wait for that.