NEurope
Lammie

Mac users....or anyone with a quality display...

Is it just me or can you guys see a noticable difference between the colour of the background fill in the header (top right) and the rest of the page?

no no, i mean the little pixel pattern on the right side....not the revolution condsole image.

The header is jpeg format, I can see the artifacts from here, and the background is gif.

So yes, there is a difference and it's visible, but not as dramatic as you portray (that alone is difference in gamma settings between the images, and/or browser differences, Macs have their gamma levels set differently by default). I suggest whoever has the original header image re-saves it in gif or png with a decent palette.

For reference, here's how it renders for me (Windows XP, SlimBrowser):

header.png

Fraid so. Although I hadn't noticed it until I read this..

I'm using Safari if that's of any relevance.

Edit: confusion all over the place!

re_zoom.png.png

Zoomed in with Opera 8.02 in Linux. I can't really see it when the zoom is 100% (natural size), so I didn't notice until now.

On XP using Firefox, didn't notice anything until you brought it up, and there's indeed a slight discolouration.

I'm sure it'll get fixed soon :)

On XP using Firefox, didn't notice anything until you brought it up, and there's indeed a slight discolouration.

I'm sure it'll get fixed soon :)

cube-europe also had it, it's natural for jpeg images and only noticiable on LCD's most of the time.

it can only be fixed if they use PNG lossless, I believe