NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendork

Mario 128

iwounderwhybywashyourhandsman2.jpg

I wounder why...Luigi wants to end it all?

This picture is wounderful, and it can be interpreted in many ways.

is Mario trying to convince Luigi, NOT to kill himself?

Or, Is he encouraging him?

And most of all, Can a NES light gun kill you if you are in the video game world?

Mario 128 is coming in a few days in one way shape or form- years in the making.

I just found this control scheme, looks pretty promising.

First Real Details from the Mario 128 Wikipedia entry

In September 2005, Shigeru Miyamoto gave his least-vague comments regarding Super Mario 128. Questioned as to the status of the game by a Japanese radio station, he revealed that Mario would have a new character by his side and reiterated that the game would appear on the Wii with a different name. Interestingly, he also mentioned that Super Mario 128 played a large role in the conception of the Wii as did Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64. He went as far to say that the Wii was based around "this new type of game":

MIYAMOTO: Mario is and always has been a concept title from his birth. We are always looking for new ways of playing with him, manipulating him, to create something new and unique. We're in the midst of preparing something special for his future, something never before seen. You'll understand when you see it that we can't quite release it right away. The new Mario game will surprise many people. Give us the benefit of the doubt. I think we'll present you with a new way to have fun. There's even a new character by his side.

Q: Mario 128 will be released for Revolution, then?

MIYAMOTO: Yes, of course! It's no surprise, but, of course, we will rename it. That won't be the only surprise of next year, though. We based the Revolution around this new type of game. Mario 128 played a large role in the Revolution's conception, much like Mario 64 in its time. But we won't just be focusing on Mario. We're working on some very impressive games which push interactivity to the max—games of a new era.

From what I heard over the weekend. The new Mario will be at E3 but not in fully playable form. It will be in video form and playable too only a few behind closed doors. But once again with nintendo you never know what they're gonna do.

And it will be a launch title.

And I believe it will revotionate gaming one more time.Can't wait to see it.Will be my first title to wii :)

They need it as a launch title, no deoubts about that.

And I believe it will revotionate gaming one more time.Can't wait to see it.Will be my first title to wii :)

it will what!!!!!:laughing:

*splutters coffee all over the laptop screen!*:D :D

I think luigi just shoot mario, mario is slupped down, arm still on luigi, from when he tried to stop him. Mean while luigi is about to blow the smoke away from the end of the gun-movie style.

Mario 128 should definitely be a launch title. I wonder what new character will be invented for the game then...

From what I heard over the weekend. The new Mario will be at E3 but not in fully playable form. It will be in video form and playable too only a few behind closed doors. But once again with nintendo you never know what they're gonna do.

And it will be a launch title.

Now you see that's wierd. Not that i'm doubting your credibility, but to not have a game as playable and then release it only 4/5 months later. But more than that, is that Nintendo have said before that they want people to play this game, and that they wouldn't understand it by just watching a video. That's why I believe they haven't shown any footage of it up to this point.

How can it not be playable at E3, and still be a launch title? This is one of the games that Nintendo would want to use for showing people how the Wii works. I think at least this game should be playable.

Now you see that's wierd. Not that i'm doubting your credibility, but to not have a game as playable and then release it only 4/5 months later. But more than that, is that Nintendo have said before that they want people to play this game, and that they wouldn't understand it by just watching a video. That's why I believe they haven't shown any footage of it up to this point.

Thats a very very good point. One with which i agree 100%

They showed footage years ago when it was a GC title, it had thousands of Marios running around hecticly everywhere. Hinting at a multiplayer?

I think you are getting it confused with 100 Marios - that wasnt Mario 128. NOTHING has been seen of MAriov128 as far as I am aware. Though is Mario 128 isn't playable I will be shocked - it has to launch the system, and Nintendo want people to play the games so surely they won't contradict this belief with their most prized asset. Can't wait to see it!

I'm like zero hyped for this game at the moment. That'll probably change in a few days though.

I think you are getting it confused with 100 Marios - that wasnt Mario 128. NOTHING has been seen of MAriov128 as far as I am aware. Though is Mario 128 isn't playable I will be shocked - it has to launch the system, and Nintendo want people to play the games so surely they won't contradict this belief with their most prized asset. Can't wait to see it!

100 Marios? This was in NGC a couple of years ago looking at all the hints we've gotten of Mario 128 so far. Definitely Mario 128 but not in finalised graphics, more blocky.

I'm like zero hyped for this game at the moment. That'll probably change in a few days though.

Me too, I don't think I'll even get it at launch, I'm more interested in multiplayer games at the moment....

Beside all good points lazyboy made, if the controller is based on that game, it HAS to be playable on E3.

I'd love to see the new Mario make an appearance at E3 this year, but I've grown so used to not seeing it that I just gave up hoping. If it happens it will happen.

Wonder what the proper name will be, 128 was given by the press because it's the sequel to Mario 64. 2 x 64 = 128

I always wanted Mario Revolution. Went well because it could probably have been a NEW mario game as well as having the revs name in it.

They need it as a launch title, no deoubts about that.

Quoted for super-truth!

Quoted for super-super-truth

if nintendo plans on maybe launching with 6 games ....

i would think they would be - 1.SSB , 2.completely new IP , 3.new racing game , 4.metroid (i know its retro but i think this is one of the six coming from nintendo,cus they will publish it) 5.icurus (i know its a rumor , but the concept art convinced me..)6. maybe ... mario 128 (i hope its a lauch game they should have learned there lesson from last time and understand now that launches arent launches without mario).....

or zelda tp...

if mario isnt a launch game then i see it beeing released in the 2nd quarter of 2007 ....

but then again i cant see mario ,zelda , metroid, and a SSB all at launch .... too much too fast.........

Sign in to follow this