NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Virtual Console Theory Thread

But thats about 8GBP (pound button on my computer won't work) per game.

And since when has £8 been a lot!?

And I don't know why people keep talking about SD Cards; they're so expesive...The Wii does have USB ports too y'know.

I would be extremely surprised if you couldnt get games with the stars, its such an obvious inclusion. I also believe some games will come with a free download - they gave away free games this gen so why not next?

As for predicitons, okay, I think there will be a game creating software with the rev and people will able to upload games they have created. Something similar to shootemup construction kit but a lot more comprhensive and spanning most genres.

And since when has £8 been a lot!?

And I don't know why people keep talking about SD Cards; they're so expesive...The Wii does have USB ports too y'know.

You can get 2GB cards for £30ish new on eBay....

You can get 2GB cards for £30ish new on eBay....

But compared to the price of a USB-stick/pen/whatever they are.

I just don't get the whole thing that people only mention SD that's all.

With the whole USB ports thingy, can we use external hard drives to save stuff? That'd be great, because you can get a good one for $100 bucks... but imagine all the games that can be saved on it! Weeee!!! I mean... Wii!!!!

With the whole USB ports thingy, can we use external hard drives to save stuff? That'd be great, because you can get a good one for $100 bucks... but imagine all the games that can be saved on it! Weeee!!! I mean... Wii!!!!

Wont the Wii internal hardrive be able to cope with alot of downloads?

I suck at the techy side...

Speak for yourself :hmm:

Just because it is old doesn't mean it should be cheap, back in the day as much time and effort went into these games as your average game today.

The experience is what should be valued more than anything, I think it wouldn't do many titles justice if they were priced at 69p.

I'm not suggesting they charge £8 per title, but I don't have quibbles with that.. what good is 500 games when it is Summer and you could be outside having fun in the sun or doing something more productive?

I have a fair amount of self control but if the games were that cheap it would make me think 'ah it's just 69p i'll buy another one' and perhaps never finish that amazing game which has now become the toy that is chucked away in the cupboard.

I think we should value the experience that a game offers more than the quantity of games that we have. I think if the money is going to the people who made the game via royalties then I will gladly pay them a decent price.

Wont the Wii internal hardrive be able to cope with alot of downloads?
First of all this debate is pointless, because we cannot quantify the size of games or the system the games work on until we are told.

We have 512mb on board, and rumoured SD card support, and Iwata has said that the USB ports may be able to plug in an external hard drive or USB flash drive.

There's no point worrying.. it could be the case that we can simply re-download games from Nintendo WiFi when we want to re-play them, or store them on our computer for safe keeping.

If games are recompiled and re-engineered to save space who's to say we can't fit 100s of games on the standard memory?

Just because it is old doesn't mean it should be cheap, back in the day as much time and effort went into these games as your average game today.

The experience is what should be valued more than anything, I think it wouldn't do many titles justice if they were priced at 69p.

I'm not suggesting they charge £8 per title, but I don't have quibbles with that.. what good is 500 games when it is Summer and you could be outside having fun in the sun or doing something more productive?

I have a fair amount of self control but if the games were that cheap it would make me think 'ah it's just 69p i'll buy another one' and perhaps never finish that amazing game which has now become the toy that is chucked away in the cupboard.

I think we should value the experience that a game offers more than the quantity of games that we have. I think if the money is going to the people who made the game via royalties then I will gladly pay them a decent price.

I get what your saying about the urge to buy 'just another game', but im guessing you're older than me and Tellyn888 and got to expereince the N64 era. I was young when the N64 came out so didn't no any better and bought a Ps1. I later realised when i went round my mates and played Super Smash Bros, i had made a mistake. But kept buying shitty games for the Ps1 because i couldn't afford the N64 at the time.

I dont want the game to be dirt cheap, i repsect the effort put into the development of many of the great games on previous Ninteno consoles. But I dont want the games to be 'expensive', just so i am pegged back to a few games which i will play thouroughly. There are soo many games i haven't played that i would love to play but at say 10 pounds, i'll be restricted.

Fact is, Priority comes to New wii games and the conosle itself, and even the ds. I want to be able to dip into a wide variety of games on the VC depending on my mood. With the wide array of games planned for the Ds and Wii i'll find it hard to dish out large amounts of money when i could be playing the 'gems' of this era.

The Wii, comes out in Autmn/Winter, often the most boring time of the year for sports e.t.c so you may need a few games to keep you occupied. Summer is a bleak time for games anyway with a serious drought normally. Most people are occupied by other things anyway. It's anyones choice whether they play games in the summer, I personally take a break and concentrate on my sport.

About the 69p price mark and the 500 games remark its just silly.:indeed:

As for the SD remark, i know next to nothing about computer tech and just wanted and idea of how big 512MB is, in comparison to a average guesstimate game memory.

As for the SD remark, i know next to nothing about computer tech and just wanted and idea of how big 512MB is, in comparison to a average guesstimate game memory.

With 512MB you could fit:

1 PSX game.

10 or 20 N64 games.

around 100 SNES games.

and loads (and loads) of NES games.

These are pure guesstimate figures tho. :smile:

With 512MB you could fit:

1 PSX game.

10 or 20 N64 games.

around 100 SNES games.

and loads (and loads) of NES games.

These are pure guesstimate figures tho. :smile:

Cheers even if it's not right it's just an idea...:smile:

I get what your saying about the urge to buy 'just another game', but im guessing you're older than me and Tellyn888 and got to expereince the N64 era. I was young when the N64 came out so didn't no any better and bought a Ps1. I later realised when i went round my mates and played Super Smash Bros, i had made a mistake. But kept buying shitty games for the Ps1 because i couldn't afford the N64 at the time.

I dont want the game to be dirt cheap, i repsect the effort put into the development of many of the great games on previous Ninteno consoles. But I dont want the games to be 'expensive', just so i am pegged back to a few games which i will play thouroughly. There are soo many games i haven't played that i would love to play but at say 10 pounds, i'll be restricted.

Fact is, Priority comes to New wii games and the conosle itself, and even the ds. I want to be able to dip into a wide variety of games on the VC depending on my mood. With the wide array of games planned for the Ds and Wii i'll find it hard to dish out large amounts of money when i could be playing the 'gems' of this era.

The Wii, comes out in Autmn/Winter, often the most boring time of the year for sports e.t.c so you may need a few games to keep you occupied. Summer is a bleak time for games anyway with a serious drought normally. Most people are occupied by other things anyway. It's anyones choice whether they play games in the summer, I personally take a break and concentrate on my sport.

About the 69p price mark and the 500 games remark its just silly.:indeed:

I agree SA, for people like us who were brainwashed by Sony, we never got to play the old games. I appreciate that people put effort into those games, but there are over a million ROMs on the internet that people can play. Though rubbish with a keyboard, they are free. 8 pound per game will not sell. People will get ROMs, the VC will be unused and discontinued. There needs to be a catch, that will sell a lot and get a profit. Because we aren't paying for a box or instruction booklet now, which should knock some value off. There is now an unlimited supply of these games because they are downloadable and on memory.

N64 - 6.50 GBP

SNES - 3.50 GBP

NES - 2.00 GBP

MEGA DRIVE - 2.50 GBP

TURBOGRAPHX - 3.00 GBP (unsure of how many bits were used to make it, eg 8bit, 16bit, so this is a guess)

PROMOTIONAL GAMES - FREE (hopefully, if not then 50p)

I agree SA, for people like us who were brainwashed by Sony, we never got to play the old games. I appreciate that people put effort into those games, but there are over a million ROMs on the internet that people can play. Though rubbish with a keyboard, they are free. 8 pound per game will not sell. People will get ROMs, the VC will be unused and discontinued. There needs to be a catch, that will sell a lot and get a profit. Because we aren't paying for a box or instruction booklet now, which should knock some value off. There is now an unlimited supply of these games because they are downloadable and on memory.

N64 - 6.50 GBP

SNES - 3.50 GBP

NES - 2.00 GBP

MEGA DRIVE - 2.50 GBP

TURBOGRAPHX - 3.00 GBP (unsure of how many bits were used to make it, eg 8bit, 16bit, so this is a guess)

PROMOTIONAL GAMES - FREE (hopefully, if not then 50p)

They sound like reasonable prices :smile:

Maybe they include package deals. Buy 4 N64 games get one free. Or buy OOT get Links awakening half price e.t.c

That would be good. That is IF we get classic Game Boy and GBC games. I also hope for Virtual Boy, Game and Watch, Dreamcast and Saturn games on the VC. This thing is going to run Sony and Bill Gates into the ground!

That would be good. That is IF we get classic Game Boy and GBC games. I also hope for Virtual Boy, Game and Watch, Dreamcast and Saturn games on the VC. This thing is going to run Sony and Bill Gates into the ground!

My bad, Gameboys games haven't been confirmed yet or talked about. You talked about it being cool if gameboys games were included in the VC which i agree.

You hope for alot of things on the VC :shock:

Would be good if you could store games on extrenal hardrives or Usb's so you could lend to mates.

Yep it would. Do you think you can get a memory stick with the Wii that you plug into the USB port on your Wii and make copies of your games and saves on there, and if neccessary delete them from your Wii and upload the saves and game anytime you want to play. I'd buy a few of them if the games were quite cheap, and I had some money.

I'd buy a few of them if the games were quite cheap, and I had some money.

Ha, with the Wii, Wiigames,Ds games you'll be lucky if you have anything left over, I know i wont...::shrug:

N64, SUper Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, MAjora's Mask and Donkey Kong 64, StarFox 64 too!

you missed out on all those titles? dam that whould suck.

what about golden eye, basicly all the wcw wresting games from thq (they where making some good stuff back then), waverace, winback, 1080, duke nukem zero hour, turok 1& 2, banjo kazooie, perfect dark & v8.

im missing a few titles that i whould have liked to pick up epecialy v8 secound offence & orge battle.

but where i missed out was the nes & snes generations i did play a few games which led me to switch (mario 1) but i have yet to play the original zelda's, super metroid, contra ect.

with the sega anouncement maybe i can get some of the titles i didn't play or pickup the titles i enjoyed there aswell.

GoldenEye and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie will never come to the Wii because Rare and Microsoft won't allow it. Yep, I missed out on three entire generations of games, only played Mario 64 last year on the DS, Majora's Mask last summer and Ocarina on Wind Waker's UK launch day.

GoldenEye and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie will never come to the Wii because Rare and Microsoft won't allow it. Yep, I missed out on three entire generations of games, only played Mario 64 last year on the DS, Majora's Mask last summer and Ocarina on Wind Waker's UK launch day.

Only N64 games i played as well, have you been following me around for 14 years? :heh:

You guys missed out on Crash bandicoot and muppet racing so there!

It has not been ruled out, Microsoft (formerly known as Rare) are totally open to offers, it could be the case that these games are present on the catalogue but the royalty goes entirely to Microsoft.

End of the day, people are not going to buy a Wii just to play Goldeneye or Banjo Kazooie again. and it certainly wont make the console will it?

If there is a financial benefit to Microsoft to offer those games on Wii then I'm sure they'll do it.

Whether Nintendo accept the extortionate prices that's to be seen.

I don't think we can rule out it never ever being on the back catalogue.. it's a business world and they speak money not grudges.

[sarcasm]Yeah, Crash Team Racing, Destruction Derby and Toy Story 2 pwned all the Nintendo console games! [/sarcasm]

Well I'm sorry I have to break this out but- Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9.

Broken Sword, Gran Turismo 1 and 2, V-Rally, Toca, RayMan, WipeOut and WipeOut 2097, Cool Boarders (pre SSX it rocked), Destruction Derby, Tekken, Pong and so on. I had a PlayStation and enjoyed it very much so.

I didn't have a N64 and I'll be looking forward to playing the exclusives on the Wii back catalogue.

we had Destruction Derby 64 it was shovel ware on the 64 it must not have sold that well i know they never made a second one.

Well I'm sorry I have to break this out but- Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9.

Broken Sword, Gran Turismo 1 and 2, V-Rally, Toca, RayMan, WipeOut and WipeOut 2097, Cool Boarders (pre SSX it rocked), Destruction Derby, Tekken, Pong and so on. I had a PlayStation and enjoyed it very much so.

I didn't have a N64 and I'll be looking forward to playing the exclusives on the Wii back catalogue.

Final fantasy 9 and Broken sword were awesome games :D

Coolboarders owns SSX

okay.

rayman, wipeout, vrally, destruction derby where all on the 64.

ill give you the others though even that cool borders was a rip of 1080.

broken sword i playied on the pc im not sure how the point and click thing worked on the playstation.

Sign in to follow this