NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domo Kun

You love Metal Gear for its story? You'll wee yourself...

From Gamespot:

The trailer, which begins around the 4:45 mark of the podcast, is little more than people speaking in Japanese over a moody, atmospheric score. According to the Kojima Productions blog, this is the English translation of what they're saying:

Snake: War has changed. Our time has ended. Our war is over.

Campbell: Since the Manhattan incident, restrictions on military intervention in foreign countries have eased, fueling demand for mercenaries. Today, the world's wars depend largely on PMCs, private military companies whose businesses include supplying these mercenaries. PMCs have become a serious threat to the world.

Snake: The US has exported too much of its military power. Now she's paying the price.

Campbell: In total, they've got enough manpower to rival the US military. Based on our investigation, the five largest PMCs are run by a dummy corporation, which acts as a single mother company.

Snake: And the mother company?

Campbell: Outer Heaven.

Snake: The one world in which soldiers will always have a place…

Linky:

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149079&pid=926596

I need this game so hard.

Whoever makes MGS dialogues still has a lot to learn, it sounds too cheesy, like they explain things to your face, when they're talking to each other. Still, it's very interesting.

I love MGS....its the best thing out there.

Probably gonna get the PS3 just for Guns of the Patriots. Can't wait for more info on this come E3.

Whoever makes MGS dialogues still has a lot to learn, it sounds too cheesy, like they explain things to your face, when they're talking to each other. Still, it's very interesting.

Yeah? I've considered the dialogue to be a bit rubbish sometimes, but I look past it because the story and concept is so good.

I am SO excited about Outer Heavan! EEK!

I too will be buying a ps3 just for this (or, primarily for this)

It would be so cool if it came out on the 360, as the ps3 is a to expensive for me.

Yeah the story is pretty good, but they still have a lot of evolving as far as storytelling goes. MGS was flawless, MGS2 was a snore fest of cutscenes, ridiculous characters and forced philosophical thinking, while MGS3 had a great story, but it was all crammed in the last few minutes of the game. Won't get a ps3 just for this, no siree. Unless I win the lottery. That would be lovely.

Ill be buying a ps3 JUST for this game, and i will be buying a PSP JUST for the new mgs game thats been announced, play as big boss, in 1970, ESTABLISH FOXHOUND BABY:D

Ill be buying a ps3 JUST for this game, and i will be buying a PSP JUST for the new mgs game thats been announced, play as big boss, in 1970, ESTABLISH FOXHOUND BABY:D

!?!?!

And this isn't a shitty Ac!d title!?

OH EM GEE

Yeah, I'm intrigued by that, the other day I was talking to a friend and saying I wanted to know how he founded foxhound. Still, no cigar, sorry Sony.

New mgs audio teaser BABY:D:D:D:D:D

IT WINS THE INTERNET

Translation

Snake: "War has changed. Nations are no longer about ideals, the profits are no longer for the people, mercenaries for the highest bidder, construction of unmanned weapons, an endless cycle of proxy wars. The wars that claim lives have changed into a business with no rational for pain.

War has changed. ID registrated soldiers, possessing ID registrated arms, using ID registrated weapons. Nanomachines within their bodies manages ability growth, as well as promotions. Genome control, information control, emotional control, battlefield control. Everything is managed and regulated.

War has changed. The times have shifted from deterrence to control, and with that the catastrophe of Weapons of Mass Destruction have been evaded. With the control of the battlefield possible, so then is the control of history.

War has changed. With the controlled management of battlefields, war has become an omnipresent thing.

Colonel: "Spread the fires of war, and attain the utopia that Big Boss preached of."

Liquid: "Free yourself from the bonds of fate. Brother! We are free!"

Snake: "Were the armament of the PMCs overlooked?"

Meryl: "A perfect control management system has been introduced into the PMCs and the military."

Naomi: "Soldiers with nanomachines in their bodies are not allowed to point their guns at their clients."

Sign in to follow this