NEurope
Dutt

Super Smash Bros Melee

I still play this game at Nintendo Club after school. It's pretty awesome when the teacher running it is a Zelda nutter, loves Nintendo, and does ICT so we've got 3 GameCubes hooked up to massive projectors! This is like the main focus of the club every week, picked over Mario Tennis and GoldenEye Rogue Agent. Though I sometimes bring in my DS for deathmatches on Tetris and Mario Kart.

I still play this game at Nintendo Club after school. It's pretty awesome when the teacher running it is a Zelda nutter, loves Nintendo, and does ICT so we've got 3 GameCubes hooked up to massive projectors! This is like the main focus of the club every week, picked over Mario Tennis and GoldenEye Rogue Agent. Though I sometimes bring in my DS for deathmatches on Tetris and Mario Kart.

Mario Kart deathmatches never tried that...

I hate people using the C-Stick. I'm sure it isn't meant to be in multi-player. It also feels so much more natural to use the forward and A stuff. I suppose if you have arthritus or something you should use it though.

There's nothing wrong with using the C-stick either, just don't only use it. As marth, i usually use his air moves to set them up for a forward smash, but if i have to be quick, i do use the C-stick. Most good players should use it, but aslong as you don't just constantly use it it's fine.

Most good players should use it, but aslong as you don't just constantly use it it's fine.

Good players use the control and a as c-stick is for beginners and has rubbish power :heh:

Super Smash Brothers Melée; the event match mode is driving me up the bloody wall. It took me around 50 tries (I assure you, no exageration) of the 2x speed; Captain Falcon on the racetrack (avoiding the cars, getting to the finish line in an absurdly mean time limit) level, then Link vs. Young Link was a bastard at times, Peach and Doctor Mario wouldn't leave my Luigi alone when teamed up, and now... now I need to KO 5 enemies, including both of the Starfox team, with only one life myself. Fine, you say, but then you need to use Ness, who I think is an incredibly hard character to play well as. I think I've been attempting this for more than an hour, every time I get to the second part (Captain Falcon, then a very difficult Falco), I get the crap kicked out of me, and by the time I reach the last enemy (by far the hardest, Falco is far too bloody quick for Ness, the little runt), I'm usually hovering around the 100-110% damage mark, meaning one hit and I'm pretty much dead. It's not helped that Ness' third jump is extremely difficult to pull off when you're swearing at the bastard for not letting him hit you.

Awesome game, still play it from time to time.

A tip i can give you is if some-one uses a big character, use a lighter, faster character i.e. someone picks Bowser, you pick Fox. More likely to win this way

A tip i can give you is if some-one uses a big character, use a lighter, faster character i.e. someone picks Bowser, you pick Fox. More likely to win this way

If someone picks Bowser, you'll probably win if you choose anyone (except Pichu) ;)

Just find whichever character (other than Pichu :p) suits you best and practice. I'm mainly a Marth player, so I only really have tips on him, and basically the best thing you can do is learn to L-Cancel and then shffl (short hop, attack, fast fall, L-cancel). Rack up damage with his aerials then go for the kill with his smash. Edgeguard like mad!

And avoid fighting Sheik :mad:

Super Smash Brothers Melée; the event match mode is driving me up the bloody wall. It took me around 50 tries (I assure you, no exageration) of the 2x speed; Captain Falcon on the racetrack (avoiding the cars, getting to the finish line in an absurdly mean time limit) level, then Link vs. Young Link was a bastard at times, Peach and Doctor Mario wouldn't leave my Luigi alone when teamed up, and now... now I need to KO 5 enemies, including both of the Starfox team, with only one life myself. Fine, you say, but then you need to use Ness, who I think is an incredibly hard character to play well as. I think I've been attempting this for more than an hour, every time I get to the second part (Captain Falcon, then a very difficult Falco), I get the crap kicked out of me, and by the time I reach the last enemy (by far the hardest, Falco is far too bloody quick for Ness, the little runt), I'm usually hovering around the 100-110% damage mark, meaning one hit and I'm pretty much dead. It's not helped that Ness' third jump is extremely difficult to pull off when you're swearing at the bastard for not letting him hit you.

All i can say is get out your flipping bat and SWING, SWING i tell thee!!

U shudnt learn to wavedash because, lets face it, we'll never be as good as the pros. You should short hop and shffl as much as possible because it seriously ups ur game.

As for characters, Marth is sex on a stick. Other characters i recommend using r falco/fox, peach, samus and jigglypuff. Dont use roy

Roy is by far the best character in the entire game, only remotely rivalled by Marth, Link, Samus and Captain Falcon. You should play a lot against level 9 bots, with all three teamed up on you, because it'll really get you trained in agility and dodging attacks...also, try to use the direction + shoulder button dodges a lot aswell, they'll save your ass in a lot of tight situations.

Roy is by far the best character in the entire game, only remotely rivalled by Marth, Link, Samus and Captain Falcon. You should play a lot against level 9 bots, with all three teamed up on you, because it'll really get you trained in agility and dodging attacks...also, try to use the direction + shoulder button dodges a lot aswell, they'll save your ass in a lot of tight situations.

Roy is not the best character in the game, maybe for u coz all u do is roll and smash. Get decent with marth and you will find he is faster, has a better range of attacks and has stronger moves (marth's smash is stronger than roys when hitting the opponent with the tip of the blade, as with all of marths other sword attacks).

You shouldnt train against computers either, they r predictable and youll just end up doing the same attack patterns every time u face them, so when u eventually face a human opponent, ur tactices against CPUs will just.... not work.

Lemme just say that theres a reason why Roy is ranked 12th in the tier list, WAY behind Shiek Fox and Marth. Also, here's a really good smash video showing why it pays off to be good with Higher tier characters...

(you mite have to copy and paste the link...my bad...)

sorry to sound like a typical internet guy but what they do in the movie isnt that hard. I mean i can do those but I dont consider myself good.

Truth be told some videos from smashboards are teh win.

Also Shiek and Marth are considered 1st or 2nd going by the many tournements that has be undertaken (refers to smashboards)

Ok, I guess this must be the thread for SSBM news to go, so...

*Super Smash Bros. Melee goes... ONLINE!*

Tutorial:

-> http://www.geocities.com/the_psychotic_worm/ssbmonlinetutorial.htm

Videos:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-BThuPwqe0&mode=related&search=smash%20bros%20online%20battle

[there's more videos on the tutorial page]

Seems to be legit, judging from the forums feedback, videos and all...

That's pretty neat. Although, it only apparantly works with certain versions of the game. :(

Still, it's great for people who have got the right edition, the time and the equipment to do that.

I saw that a few months ago, before it was completed, but i never thought it would actually work. Lag may be an issue, however, and i don't have a broadband adapter nor PSO.:(

Check this video out, its pretty cool (like a little story made using SSBM)

Check this video out, its pretty cool (like a little story made using SSBM)

Saw it ages ago.

Amazingly well made though. Very intelligent plot/video skills. (Adult link dissapearing when young link is destroyed)

Just search youtube for ken ssbm. I'd give you a link but it won't let me post them until I've made 15 posts.

Im sick and tired of that stupid move my friend does.

He gets his kirby to stand on the edge suck someone in, drop of and let them go and die while he'll just float up!

Its quite easy to kill him but when you got other players to fight its hard to get him out of the way.

Anyone else use that technique?