NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Ebay Item (from Business Seller) Not Arrived - advice

I've recently purchased an item from an ebay business seller. However, the item itself has not arrived. I contacted the seller to report this, who advised that Royal Mail require 15 days for a claim to be made.

Fair enough, I thought.

However, since that initial response I have still not received the item and again reported this to the seller. The Seller has not replied, regardless of submitting a response through Ebay's Dispute Procedure. After 10 days, i can escalate this - which I will do.

Has anyone else had experience of this? What happens next?

If you payed via Pay Pal, there is a way to get your money back within 30 days, but I am guessing 30 days have passed?

I feel for you on this one buddy. I buy a LOT from Ebay, but try to use Paypal as often as I can to avoid slip-ups like this. It's always a worry sending cheques/postal orders/cash in the mail because you truly don't know if your stuff will ever arrive. I've had instances where things have been a good week or 2 getting to me, but luckily I haven't had any problems with it as of yet. *knocks on table, is wood, phew* They should mandate paypal on that site or something like that, to assure these kind of problems don't arise. It's a risky thing to do, but sometimes we just have to risk it and hope for the best. Sorry to hear of your trouble man.

Oh yeah your sig is awesome btw. :bowdown:

I'm actually having a problem at the moment, it's been over 2 weeks and I haven't got my item. This guy (also registered as a business) has quite a few negative feedback too. I got one email where he told me he'd send asap but nothing since, I paid by paypal though so have issued a complaint.

I'm actually having a problem at the moment, it's been over 2 weeks and I haven't got my item. This guy (also registered as a business) has quite a few negative feedback too. I got one email where he told me he'd send asap but nothing since, I paid by paypal though so have issued a complaint.

Good move there, you shouldn't have any problems sorting it out as you used Paypal. I forgot to add I usually don't deal with anyone with less than around 95% positive feedback, or anyone with recent negative feedback. It helps to know you can trust who you are dealing with. Though I wouldn't just look for the little red icon, read the comment that goes with it. Most of the time there's usually a viable explanation for the problem and more often than not, the Seller will reply with this explanation. So you can't always trust the neg feedback thing. Though having said that I still stand by my 95% rule, better safe than sorry eh ?

I was actually expecing problems with this as it was a great price and he had a couple of negatives (but has received more since I bought) but I was willing to take the risk. Some people that don't get the items to you are genuine sellers it just all gets on top of them. I don't really know about my seller, he is still getting positives, so where's my item? I'll just wait for Paypal now anyway.

I was actually expecing problems with this as it was a great price and he had a couple of negatives (but has received more since I bought) but I was willing to take the risk. Some people that don't get the items to you are genuine sellers it just all gets on top of them. I don't really know about my seller, he is still getting positives, so where's my item? I'll just wait for Paypal now anyway.

Yeah, I agree, it's best to let them take care of it. I'm sure they get these problems all the time. Probs sort you out. Good luck with getting it all worked out. :awesome:

My Ac:ww took a month before he said he lost it. We threatened him with legal action if he didn't give us our refund and he gave in.

Does the ebayer you bought from have good feedback David? Remind him he needs to have proof of postage to claim it's lost in the post.

If he does have it then it's really more to do with his policy than anything else. If insurance was offered but not taken then he won't be responsible if it really is lost. If he didn't offer it then that gives you more of an advantage.

You can never trust Ebay, that's why I always buy off Amazon. Latest game came in one day.

You can never trust Ebay, that's why I always buy off Amazon. Latest game came in one day.

But... no-one said it was a game and Amazon do not sell everything. What if it was clothes, a foreign DVD or gig tickets =P

Personally I never buy from people who have any less than 100:1 positive to negative feedback ratio, and even then I tend to read all the negatives.

I used Amazon one time for a game (Legends of Wrestling 2, yeah shoot me) and it took almost 2 weeks to arrive. Plus they charge ungodly prices for some things on there (namely the things I want!). So I tend to stick to Ebay, addictive as it is..

File a complaint on eBay, I'm pretty sure you can still get your money back. Did he send it recorded?

Personally I never buy from people who have any less than 100:1 positive to negative feedback ratio, and even then I tend to read all the negatives.

This guy had over 1000 positives and about 3 negatives and was the laziest seller i've come across.:indeed:

I contacted the seller to report this, who advised that Royal Mail require 15 days for a claim to be made.

Don't eBay only "look after" transitions for 14 days?

Sign in to follow this