NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ggamer

Virus Problem...

I've been having problems with a virus on my laptop that appears to be the cause of the slowdown recently. A norton pop up comes up every now and again saying its been detected and removed, when i press ok though it just repetedly comes up saying the same thing with a slightly different file name. I've done a full system scan via norton and avg but they cant seem to pick it up, I would be grateful if i could have some suggestions on what it is/ how to remove it. thanks, o and heres a pic.<a href=nortonvirusthingy0cm.th.png' alt='norton

Go to the file of which it mentions on your *Norton* Virus Detector and Try To Delete the EXE ( Executable ) If That Doesnt Work Try RE-naming the file and try again :) If None of them work Post another reply i will be happy to help

Symantec's own website gives details and instructions on removal specifically for the Norton program you use, check it out here.

Oh, hm, board restrictions on URLS, lemme figure something out.

sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.alcra.b.html

(copy and paste link)

You can also try google'ing (lolol sounds so naughty!) the virus name to see if anything helpful comes up ^^

It seems as if its actually in your start up processes, your best bet is to download Codestuff Starter, find the exe file and remove and disable it from boot processes/current processes/run always/run once.

Then get Norton (although i'd advise moving over to AVG) to remove it. :)

Sign in to follow this