NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Name A Game You Should Play Before Wii.

This is inspired by ONM who in their last issue gave a list of things to do before the release of Wii. What I want to do is get everyone to name 1 game from the Gamecube that everyone should have at least played once before Wii arrives. I will start....

1. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

From the opening sequence to the final battle the game was a joy to play. Despite the look of the game the storyline was anything but kiddy. Sure people complained about the overall shortness of the main game but the sidequests, especially the model collecting one, made up for that. Even if your not a fan of the series ( if not why the hell not??! ) I recommend everyone should give this a go. With its colourful look and inspring music the game will draw you in.

This is inspired by ONM who in their last issue gave a list of things to do before the release of Wii. What I want to do is get everyone to name 1 game from the Gamecube that everyone should have at least played once before Wii arrives. I will start....

From the opening sequence to the final battle the game was a joy to play. Despite the look of the game the storyline was anything but kiddy. Sure people complained about the overall shortness of the main game but the sidequests, especially the model collecting one, made up for that. Even if your not a fan of the series ( if not why the hell not??! ) I recommend everyone should give this a go. With its colourful look and inspring music the game will draw you in.

Good idea:grin: , might play mario sunshine again, the visuals were lush and a welcome change from his normal games. Bring on FLUDD!

I just got a Cube this month, so I have a lot of work to do-

Zelda.

Mario Sunshine.

Metroid Prime.

Pikmin.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (multiplayer only)

Resident Evil 4.

Metal Gear Solid.

Killer 7.

Super Monkey Ball.

I'll probably run over to the Wii and use the dual slot loading drive- thank you Nintendo.

Eternal Darkness - although not quite to the calibur of say the Metroid Prime games, this effort from Silicon Knights is an absolute gem!

SK really show that they are masters of storytelling, it's excellently scripted and the voice acting is fantastic! The atmosphere is gripping and the sanity effects... simply, WOW!

I would love to say so much more but I just couldn't do the game justice... a definate MUST-HAVE title!

Absolute gem, apart from the tediuous sailing, not much wrong at all :)

Pikmin 2!

I recently got this game from the ONM subscription, I didn't like Pikmin 1 but this is one gem of a game. Really love it, some of the best visuals I've seen this gen and the gameply is just smooth and relaxing... except when those damn big mouthy things come along, then thou must run.

I will play through Wind Waker for sure.

Chibi-Robo should be good as well.

Chibi-Robo should be good as well.

That looks a very quirky game, know the release date?

Yes Eternal Darkness was brilliant! I completed it 3 times so I could get the special ending.

If I had to say one game it would have to be Metroid Prime. Amazing from start to finish. A real challenge as well. Oh and it looks beautiful.

Everyone must play Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door as well. What a joy that game is.

I have to play Metroid Prime, and complete a wealth of games I already have.

I suggest that everyone post one and only one game that someone hasn't said. You can later edit the first post with the descriptions and the poster. That way, we won't have noobs coming here and asking "Which game should I get?". Good thread.

Metroid Prime

One of the best games ever, takes the Metroid series to 3D with great results. +-25 hours of pure bliss and still has a hard mode and extras to unlock! Great soundtrack, awesome graphics, amazingly tight controls and jaw dropping enemies. You're not a gamer if you don't play this-

Tales of Symphonia

This game should take you so long that the Wii will probably already be released when you finish it, but it's definetely worth it. Brilliant story, unique gameplay and a fantastic anime style ranks it in the top 2 of GameCube RPGs.

The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2, Ocarina, Majora)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (If not played on Collector's)

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Tales of Symphonia

This game should take you so long that the Wii will probably already be released when you finish it, but it's definetely worth it. Brilliant story, unique gameplay and a fantastic anime style ranks it in the top 2 of GameCube RPGs.

Great, great game :p , lasted me ages, final boss was a bit easy though.

Metroid Prime 2 - Got stuck on a boss ages ago

Pikmin 2 - Nearly done, only a few bits of treasure left

REsident Evil - Playing at the mo after getting unstuck the other day (just got back to the mansion)

Bomberman Generations - Ordered the other day

I would name some games that aren't out yet, but I don't know what funds I'll have when and such. I'll DEFINATELY play Twilight Princess if it's out before Wii too (watching PacMan World Rally)

Bomberman Generations - Ordered the other day

Where did you find that! - couldn't find it anywhere a while back.

I never manage to complete games unfortunately, I'm rubbish.

I just got a Cube this month, so I have a lot of work to do-

Zelda.

Mario Sunshine.

Metroid Prime.

Pikmin.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (multiplayer only)

Resident Evil 4.

Metal Gear Solid.

Killer 7.

Super Monkey Ball.

I'll probably run over to the Wii and use the dual slot loading drive- thank you Nintendo.

Hey, Don't forget Zero!

Where did you find that! - couldn't find it anywhere a while back.

Amazon.co.uk

I REALLY REALLY hope Mega Bomberman comes to the Virtual Console

I don't have time to play that many Resident Evil games, I am just on a quick stop tour of the system that I never played.

Sorry about Sunshine, but it's a good game. Not for octopi, but good for us.