NEurope
Pyxis

Anybody getting concerned?

I'm not bothered what games I play. I don't get how Sony and Microsoft fans have the nerve to call Nintendo games kiddy when they have crap piles like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and Blinx (or whatever). Nintendo OWNS them all.

Add Kid Icarus to that game list. :)

I'm not bothered what games I play. I don't get how Sony and Microsoft fans have the nerve to call Nintendo games kiddy when they have crap piles like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and Blinx (or whatever). Nintendo OWNS them all.

Hallelujah (that how you spell it?), at least our 'kiddy' games are actually good :shock:

Jak and Daxter and Ratchet & Clank aren't bad games.

I agree about Blink though, didn't like it.

Wait a week and you'll think differently. Don't go pessimistic because THQ has announced SpongeBob to be multiplatform!

I don't know if all these games are confirmed, but you forgot Brother in Arms and... Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Las Vegas :bowdown:

I don't believe either of those are confirmed, but they are very much rumoured. Keep your fingers crossed, and maybe, just maybe, we'll see them on Wii.:awesome:

I don't believe either of those are confirmed, but they are very much rumoured. Keep your fingers crossed, and maybe, just maybe, we'll see them on Wii.:awesome:

Hey man! When I say something, consider it confirmed!:D

Insider you make yourself sound so unbelievable.

At least Big Tac has some style to the way he gives us tidbits of information, you just come out and say it as if there were no such thing as an NDA.

"Hey guys it's your average 14 year old industry insider McMad here, and i would just like to tell you personally that Halo 3 is actually coming out for the Wii. And don't worry it's true because i say it is!"

I'm not at all worried. I think Nintendo knows it needs to reach out to an older audience - as they say, they need to appeal to all audiences.

We've already seen Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel and Sadness. All of which are far from having a kiddie image. Throw into that some of the announced sports games and Tony Hawk Downhill-thingy and the older demographic is already well catered for before any of the big announcements have even been made.

HAHA! I don't really remember anyone trying cel shaded graphics on the N64 do you? Good cel-shading is not a graphically inferior technique, it just looks simpler.

Totally correct, if anything cel shading requires more power. Everything has to be rendered twice.

I'm not getting those vibes at all. OK, so some publishers are looking at Children's lisences like Spongebob, but look at Ubisoft with Red Steel, Nebris with Sadness. Thats like two out of three confirmed and publically viewed titles with adult themes (the third being Rayman).

Nintendo will likely publish a similar range of games to the DS - i'm expecting Nintendogs at Home, Brain Training alongside more traditional games like Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros. Plus Nintendo have announced a racing game - which is unlikely Mario Kart and can only be a 'serious' racer.

Nintendo's aim is to cater for ALL - children, teens, adults. So, yes, we'll see Kids games, we'll see 'Nintendogs/Brain Training style Non-Games' and Nintendo's usual suspects.

No need to fear.

Roll on E3.

jak & daxter and ratchet & clank are, sadly, better games than any of the platformers Nintendo released during the life of the gamecube. so i'm not sure what you are trying to say.

sadly both those series seem to have gone off the rails a bit of late.

Jak and Daxter 1 was freaking awesome.. I loved it.

It really does beat any Nintendo platformer I'm afraid.

Ratchet and Clank I couldn't associate with the characters.. they felt a little hollow (metaphorically and literally) and Jak and Daxter just had a far better script.

The 2nd game was solid, enjoyable but just nothing on the original which was pure gaming fun.. I never completed it because my PS2 conked out on me.

I thought Raid over River was DS only, some pleb started spacking at me because it thought that it was coming to Wii and DS.

wait until after e3! and either way nintendo make the best games in the industry pretty much so theres going to be no lack of reasons for buying a Wii at launch!

Nibris did say this in an interview recently;

Raid Over The River is on hold until after Sadness has been completed, with the latter now taking priority. The DS version of Raid Over The River, though, is being refined by a separate team within Nibris.

Raid over the River is both Wii & DS Nintendork; the Wii version is just comming later and isn't being worked on at the moment so all efforts can go into Sadness.

Originally Posted by Nick

Super Smash Bros. - Nintendo - Not Kiddy

Super Mario - Nintendo - Not Kiddy

The Legend of Zelda -Nintendo - Not Kiddy

Mario Kart - Nintendo - So So

Nintendo Racing Game - Nintendo - Don't know yet

Pokemon - Nintendo/Creatures - Kiddy

Metroid Prime 3 - Nintendo/Retro - Not Kiddy

Kirby - Nintendo/HAL - Kiddy

Camelot RPG - Nintendo/Camelot - Not Kiddy

Red Steel - Ubisoft - Not Kiddy

Rayman - Ubisoft - Kiddy

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon - Ubisoft - Not Kiddy

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell - Ubisoft - Not Kiddy

Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam - Activision - Not Kiddy

Activision title - Activision - Dunno

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles – Square-Enix - Not Kiddy

Orb - Crossbeam - Not Kiddy

Thorn - Crossbeam - Not Kiddy

Trauma Centre - Atlus - Not Kiddy

Sonic Revolution - Sega - Not Kiddy

Donkey Kong Revolution - Nintendo - Not Kiddy

n-Space Project 1 - nSpace - Not Kiddy

n-Space Project 2 - nSpace - Not Kiddy

Dysney/Pixar’s CARS - THQ - Kiddy

Spiderman 3 - Activision - Not Kiddy

Raid Over The River - NiBRIS - Not Kiddy

Sadness - NiBRIS - Not Kiddy

Pangya Golf Revolution - Tecmo - Not Kiddy (awesome)

The Ant Bully - Midway - Kiddy

Happy Feet - Midway - Dunno thoug sounds Kiddy

Natsume project - Natsume - Kiddy

Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles - Konami - Kiddy

Madagascar 2 - Activision - Kiddy

Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting - KILLER

Darkness - Crossbeam - Not Kiddy

Eidos Project - Eidos - Don't Know yet

Spongebob - THQ - KIDDY

Hudson Flight Game - Hudson - Don't Know yet

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Atari - Kiddy

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - Sega - Kiddy

Elebits - Konami - Don't Know yet

Madden Revolution - EA - Not Kiddy

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision - Not Kiddy

Metal Slug Anthology – SNK - Not Kiddy

Blitz: The League - Midway - Not Kiddy

Here is my judgement. Looking good Nintendo, keep up the good work.

Yeah, its a good idea to wait until E3. Hopefully companies like Ubisoft have a few secrets up their sleeves... We can always depend on Nintendo and hopefully they'll give the console as much attention as they have done with the DS.

As for actually stating games like Sadness (orb, thorn, raid over the river...) as revolution titles which are actually going to be released... I wouldnt bet too much on them, although the best of luck to them. I believe Cars has also been confirmed, although perhaps im wrong. Certainly, as people have stated...its going to be a console for everyone and it'll be interesting to see whether they can do a Sony or not.

if this is true, i hope nintendo take advantage and say, how come we get called kiddie, when sony copy us, and isnt copying kiddie?

i jes hope sony dont get away with this if it is true