NEurope
Pyxis

Anybody getting concerned?

It seems as if a big chunk of the games which have been announced for the Wii so far are kiddy games and at the moment, the Gamecube seems to have had a lot more 3rd party support around the time of its launch. Is anybody else concerned that for the large part, we'll get kiddy games (with the Wii being the replacement for the Gamecube) and the rare 3rd party multifornat port for the system? I hope they are holding A LOT back for E3, because im concerned that the Wii will follow down the path of the Gamecube and a lot of publishers just wont take the 'Wii' seriously when they have the 360, PS3 and PC to develop for. I think Nintendo only really have those kiddy games to depend on as publishers know that they sell well on the cube.

kiddy? the first game that was shown on the Wii was Red Steel and i know that wasn't kiddy plus that new game sadness don't sound kiddy either. The only game i know so far that is kiddy is Rayman and spongbob Square Pants

I wouldn't worry nearly all the great games (exclude the brilliant Red Steel) have been made to stay hidden till E3 at least.

On Tuesday 9th you will see the array of superb Wii titles which take full use of the controller.

Oh and Rayman ain't that bad, it's a big franchise that the Wii needs. I do understand what your saying about all these children tv games though.

:wink:

This thread should have been initiated after E3, and not before. Wait for it, and see.

But yeah, an awful lot of kid's games being announced. It doesn't worry me, though. Why? Well, you just have to look at my GameCube backlog to find out. I don't have much time to play, and I take my time with games. A few must-have quality titles from Nintendo will be enough for me.

Na im not concerned.. as all the kids games like sponge bob will be on all other platforms... but what does concern me is the way places like IGN have to put it in the news that a spong bob game is coming to the Wii... while say the IGN PS2 site wouldnt even bother mentioning a game like sponge bob if it was announced for the PS2

Oh and please read your PM's Pyxis old buddy

Na im not concerned.. as all the kids games like sponge bob will be on all other platforms... but what does concern me is the way places like IGN have to put it in the news that a spong bob game is coming to the Wii... while say the IGN PS2 site wouldnt even bother mentioning a game like sponge bob if it was announced for the PS2

Thats because the 'Wii' is for everything, including (i hate to say it) Kids.

As much as i personally don't like to see the array of kids games on the Wii, like someone said in another thread, Nintendo need as many games released on it as possible to attract different markets.

I think the Wii will have a array of different games that suit different ages and genders, and of course many more violent ones....

The Wii will most probably win this generation, believe me.

Yeah Red Steel should be a game that everyones talking about.. but i was just thinking... i wish they had kept Resident Evil 4 back so i could be a Wii launch title ... i would have sold the Wii in its millions

Oh and Rayman ain't that bad, it's a big franchise that the Wii needs. I do understand what your saying about all these children tv games though.

:wink:

.... and it's not like rayman is a mature FPS on 360 and PS3 but a kiddy game with bunnies on REV, sorry, Wii - is it?

Also, one of microsofts biggest games for this year is viva pinata - no one calls them kiddy even though they have stated it's the most important title for xbox 360 until halo 3.

i'm 100% sure that you will have a huge grin after you see the full picture come tuesday.

The games that have come to light so far - red steel excluded - seem to be the ones Nintendo don't really care about. I can't imagine that spongebob squarepants would even warrant the time taken to sign an NDA for all it's really worth in brand equity to nintendo.

I'm a bit worried to see how everything works out after all. I mean it is quite a bold move to stay at only slightly better hardware than current gen has and focus most of the efforts and innovation into a controller. But when you think about it, who out of the three big (MS, Sony, Nintendo) would have courage to do that? No one else but Nintendo. Who has been giving biggest innovations into console gaming over the years? No one else but Nintendo, there's absolutely no word against that fact.

As I see it, there are a lot more 3rd party developers coming back to Nintendo after N64 times. For example Konami (very few and crappy GC games) and SNK. It's great to see developers have faith in Nintendo's strategy about bringing out the innovation in different forms than just better graphics and physics.

I played my first Nintendo games about 16 years ago and I have had so much fun while playing amazing titles on its different consoles, so I trust 100% Nintendo knows what they are doing. And it almost gets a tear (of happiness) into my eye when I know I'll be playing those classic Nintendo titles all over again on Virtual Console. Go Nintendo! :yay:

Wasn't there a flight sim revealed a few weeks back?

Allso, I doubt the next Zelda will be cel-shaded. NOT after all the negative criticism Nintendo revieved after WW...

As everyone else has been saying.. Red Steel.

Also, wo what if games are kiddy? Huh? And what exactly do you define as kiddy? If Mario is kiddy, then kiddy kicks ass. I frankly don't care. It will kick ass whether some people think the games are "kiddy" or not. There aren't really any "kiddy" games. Except for those elementary school learning games.

The games refered to by most people as "kiddy" are really just games ment for everyone. You're not mature unil you've learned to be childish..

Allso, I doubt the next Zelda will be cel-shaded. NOT after all the negative criticism Nintendo revieved after WW...

well...

nintendo announced a none cel zelda a long time ago... you may have heard of it, it's called twilight princess.

and they have also announced a new cel shaded zelda - phantom hourglass for the DS.

so not sure what you are trying to say.

As everyone else has been saying.. Red Steel.

Also, wo what if games are kiddy? Huh? And what exactly do you define as kiddy? If Mario is kiddy, then kiddy kicks ass. I frankly don't care. It will kick ass whether some people think the games are "kiddy" or not. There aren't really any "kiddy" games. Except for those elementary school learning games.

The games refered to by most people as "kiddy" are really just games ment for everyone. You're not mature unil you've learned to be childish..

True, but childrens cartoon games are surely targeted towards children? Although some adults like em, like Spongebob, thats up to them, but the majority of people watching and playing games based on childrens cartoons are under 10, surely?

Mario isn't a kiddy game because it's challenging in places, thats meant for everyone. I wouldn't say Mario 64 was easy all the way through...

Lego Star-Wars is a different kettle of fish mind. everyone loves Lego but it is for kids really, for some reason you never grow out of loving it...

Overall it's very hard to define kiddy games. :)

wait that is all you have to do. like Guiness said good things come to those who wait.

well...

nintendo announced a none cel zelda a long time ago... you may have heard of it, it's called twilight princess.

and they have also announced a new cel shaded zelda - phantom hourglass for the DS.

so not sure what you are trying to say.

TP is for GAMECUBE!!!

I'm talking about the Wii Zelda!

And yes, PH is cel-shaded, because the DS can't do anything better!

DS can't do anything better!

*sticks fingers in ears*

la la la la la la la la la. i am not listening.

have you played metroid prime yet?

TP is for GAMECUBE!!!

I'm talking about the Wii Zelda!

And yes, PH is cel-shaded, because the DS can't do anything better!

HAHA! I don't really remember anyone trying cel shaded graphics on the N64 do you? Good cel-shading is not a graphically inferior technique, it just looks simpler.

1 word 'Sadness'.

And I don't think you should refer to any game as Kiddy appart from games such as Spongebob or Hello Kitty etc....

Metroid Prime 3, Sadness, Red Steel, Untitled Free Radical/Ubisoft (that def will be a game aimed at the older) and kind of Zelda TP

To be honest I thought there were more 'non-kiddy' games announced, than 'kiddy' ones. The only games I consider 'kiddy are ones based on 'cartoons' that are just knocked together to get some cash.

Super Smash Bros. - Nintendo

Super Mario - Nintendo

The Legend of Zelda -Nintendo

Mario Kart - Nintendo

Nintendo Racing Game - Nintendo

Pokemon - Nintendo/Creatures

Metroid Prime 3 - Nintendo/Retro

Kirby - Nintendo/HAL

Camelot RPG - Nintendo/Camelot

Red Steel - Ubisoft

Rayman - Ubisoft

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon - Ubisoft

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell - Ubisoft

Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam - Activision

Activision title - Activision

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles – Square-Enix

Orb - Crossbeam

Thorn - Crossbeam

Trauma Centre - Atlus

Sonic Revolution - Sega

Donkey Kong Revolution - Nintendo

n-Space Project 1 - nSpace

n-Space Project 2 - nSpace

Dysney/Pixar’s CARS - THQ

Spiderman 3 - Activision

Raid Over The River - NiBRIS

Sadness - NiBRIS

Pangya Golf Revolution - Tecmo

The Ant Bully - Midway

Happy Feet - Midway

Natsume project - Natsume

Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles - Konami

Madagascar 2 - Activision

Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting - ???

Darkness - Crossbeam

Eidos Project - Eidos

Spongebob - THQ

Hudson Flight Game - Hudson

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Atari

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - Sega

Elebits - Konami

Madden Revolution - EA

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision

Metal Slug Anthology – SNK

Blitz: The League - Midway

This is a list I have compiled of confirmed games for Revolution. People can make their own assumptions of 'kiddy' versus not.

Negative from who? From 13 year olds worried about being seen playing a game with non-gritty and realistic graphical style?

I'd rather the next Zelda was cell shaded than self consiously "mature".

Negative from who? From 13 year olds worried about being seen playing a game with non-gritty and realistic graphical style?

I'd rather the next Zelda was cell shaded than self consiously "mature".

mmmm tough-one. I like both styles.

Although TTP suits the mature style and 'Wind Waker' suits the cel-shaded.

Super Smash Bros. - Nintendo

Super Mario - Nintendo

The Legend of Zelda -Nintendo

Mario Kart - Nintendo

Nintendo Racing Game - Nintendo

Pokemon - Nintendo/Creatures

Metroid Prime 3 - Nintendo/Retro

Kirby - Nintendo/HAL

Camelot RPG - Nintendo/Camelot

Red Steel - Ubisoft

Rayman - Ubisoft

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon - Ubisoft

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell - Ubisoft

Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam - Activision

Activision title - Activision

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles – Square-Enix

Orb - Crossbeam

Thorn - Crossbeam

Trauma Centre - Atlus

Sonic Revolution - Sega

Donkey Kong Revolution - Nintendo

n-Space Project 1 - nSpace

n-Space Project 2 - nSpace

Dysney/Pixar’s CARS - THQ

Spiderman 3 - Activision

Raid Over The River - NiBRIS

Sadness - NiBRIS

Pangya Golf Revolution - Tecmo

The Ant Bully - Midway

Happy Feet - Midway

Natsume project - Natsume

Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles - Konami

Madagascar 2 - Activision

Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting - ???

Darkness - Crossbeam

Eidos Project - Eidos

Spongebob - THQ

Hudson Flight Game - Hudson

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Atari

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - Sega

Elebits - Konami

Madden Revolution - EA

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision

Metal Slug Anthology – SNK

Blitz: The League - Midway

This is a list I have compiled of confirmed games for Revolution. People can make their own assumptions of 'kiddy' versus not.

I don't know if all these games are confirmed, but you forgot Brother in Arms and... Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Las Vegas :bowdown: