NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
conzer16

Does this prove Wii's a fake?

I found this on another forum (so i cant claim it as my find), and i did a quick search of this forum and i dont think its already been posted but........

if you have firefox, go to revolution.nintendo.com (the site that introduces Wii) and under the tools tab on the browser click on Page Info.

Have a look at when the page expires............1st May 2006 at 04:59:00.

Now does this mean that Nintendo are planning something for tomorrow? or is it just an internet code thingy?

I dunno but just though id post it. (Apologies if it has already been.....i couldnt find it)

EDIT: heres a screeshot of the Page info. Althought the time has changed to 30th April

(I hope you can read it)

fdas.jpg

EDIT 2: It seems the Expiry date on the page will change if you reload the page. Im not a big tech head so i havent a clue what this means!!

Either:

1, Wii.nintendo.com will be made.

2, It really could be a fake, nice find if you have proof ;)

Either:

1, Wii.nintendo.com will be made.

2, It really could be a fake, nice find if you have proof ;)

now i never thought of that............that makes the most sense actually:indeed:

(Also not my find......found on another forum)

I can't find this page info but if others have I believe. Ipresume that time is American time. Guess we'll have to wait and see but if Wii is not really the name I though they'd debunk it closer to E3.

Its most likely that the date is when the registration of that page expires, which would imply that the site will be moved to wii.nintendo.com and the revolution sub-domain will cease to exist. We might see a proper site rather than just a video though at the wii domain which would be ace :smile:

Not a fake, unless by fake you mean real.

Too much effort..

Hmm, i don;t have FF anymore.. but i reckon it will be changing to Wii-nintendo

Might just change site name,though time and time again it's been confirmed.Always that slight chance Wii is fake.

It's best not to go around hoping wii is fake, you know. It's like setting yourself up for disapointment.

The Playstation fans are doing the same thing by hoping for a FF7 remake.

It's best not to go around hoping wii is fake, you know. It's like setting yourself up for disapointment.

The Playstation fans are doing the same thing by hoping for a FF7 remake.

Im not hoping that Wii is fake. Just curious for E3 to see what Nintendo come out with. Just this piece of info got me wondering.....

Wii-Nintendo is not iconic. That is what they want.

I vote no on that one.

Just this piece of info got me wondering.....

Happens to a lot of people before E3.

Yeah revolution.nintendo.com has stopped working, but I'd imagine they'll put up something new and Wii-named soon.

my firefox says the expiry is now 02 May 2006 01:31:27

and revolution.nintendo.com still works fine

It was down, must have been just briefly but was.

Only thing I know (excuse for the slightly off topic post) is that at least AdvancedMN the partner/owner of Revolution Europe already registered http://www.wii-europe.com ...

Name change ahead ;) ?

OMG that is proof that Wii is real!!!1!1!!!

i hope not. not again. the site should have stayed cube-europe till the final name was announce was there a dolphin-europe?

It's the time after which your browser will go back to the site to refresh the page. Before then it will get it from your browser cache unless you force a refresh (F5 or Ctrl-F5) when you visit the site.

Haha I am one of those arty photographer folk, that's why I went for Mac.

I would use Windows otherwise.

Oh bloody hell: http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/announcement.php?f=6

My post was a joke - that is why I did not start a whole new thread or something. To be honest I don't really care wether it is Revo or Wii Europe - I just pointed out that someone connected with Revo-Europe registered that doman. He probably has to give it back to Nintendo anyways if they want to.

Sign in to follow this