NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
goku21

From IGNboards

Gamers I have reported to you earlier I got a once in a lifetime offer by Nintendo to go hands on with the Revolution. I thought this running through a few demos like my friends over at IGN or elsewhere in the industry.

Let me start by saying it all started off with a walk into the Big N's office in Redmond Washington. I met some high level execs for the first time which was kind of akward I must say (My blog has not been the kindest to them).

Anyhow this is when I went into a room that looked much like a mini auditorium. On stage was a television a few chairs and the Revolution on a little podium. Mr. Fils-Aime was there and we were discussing just some general things about the game industry. He is extremely intelligent.

To be honest I was a little in awe.

I never thought this Blog would take me this far. This is just a blog afterall. However a blog is like any other website I guess and this blog in particular has received a lot of attention. Even outperforming IGN's Nintendo section.

Not too bad for a blog that makes no money. (Would you guys start clicking on my adwords already!!!)

Anyhow I am convinced that this blog will never be a money maker.

Anyhow back to business. There I was at Nintendo's headquarters looking at a stage with the Revolution on it talking to Reggie. What a cool guy he is by the way. One of the questions I had was WHY IN THE HELL ME?!

Why not Matt from IGN? The answer is what really shocked me.

Because I was just a normal gamer (Normal in a good way or bad way?). It is no secret that my blog has become the voice of inspiration for many gamers. I have hundreds of emails from gamers who find my blog tells the story of many a Nintendo fanboy who left Nintendo because of disappointment after disappointment.

Whether it be lack of online play to lack of CD support in the N64 the list goes on and on.

Standing in Nintendo's office in Redmond kind of made me feel like this may be the pinnacle of the SeriousGamer007 blog. Maybe not but it sure felt that way.

I was in the auditorium for about 5 minutes when a group of people came in to the auditorium. They looked like a bunch of game testers and tech people. They moved me onto the stage where I stood.

As I stood there I asked...where do I sit?

One of the game testers looked at me and laughed. Another tester looked at me and said..."For this game you do not want to be sitting".

Kind of perplexed by the answer I thought oh great this will be like that stupid video from the TGS where I watch the TV and dive around like a moron.

"A game tester looked at me and said are you ready?"

I looked at him and said "Yes but the TV is not on yet."

The whole room bust out in kind of a chuckle. Mr Fils-Aime looked at me and said have fun Mr. -------

That is when one of the testers handed me the nunchucks and walked away. Then another pushed the cart with the TV away.

It was just me and the Revolution. The lights began to dim in the auditorium. I was handed one more peripheral.

Then the game began.

Due to the NDA I cannot discuss which game or what the other peripheral does.

In all honesty I don't even understand how the Revolution does what it does. It defies all logic. Furthermore I don't understand how the Revolution can also be affordable. It is absolutely revolutionary. I am in complete shock in regards to the system. The Big N made me sign an NDA and will not comment on my visit. I was told this before I even got there.

However I am free to comment all that I like within my own confines. I do know the specs however I can not comment on them. In all honesty I don't think it really matters because the system is so different that I truly am in shock.

I can say this. The reason why you don't see any games is because the system is very far from traditional.

If you were to ask me which game system you should get the Xbox 360 or the Nintendo Revolution I would say that you really can't compare the two.

The Revolution is that different.

The Xbox 360 is a traditional game console. The Revolution is like something out of Star Trek or Star Wars.

How it works I don't know. However the weird thing is the Revolution also hooks up to a television but that is not what is going to sell it.

I really can only say this. Nintendo is back.

How they did this I don't know.

Only after years of research I guess. Furthermore the price they told me doesn't seem at all possible for this type of console. I would think that this would cost thousands of dollars.

Yet this is not the case.

The Revolution doesn't seem limited to only gaming either. Personally I think it would be cool to watch a movie in this fashion. It is amazing and immersive and almost surreal.

Nintendo is going to Revolutionize the industry in 2006. How they did this I do not know. I wish I could explain more but I am not allowed.

To every gamer thinking that Nintendo is done well that is not the case. Nintendo will be leading the industry in the future. However I am not sure you can consider what they are doing as being videogames. I am not sure it is the videogame industry.

I almost want to call it the Immersion Industry.

The Revolution is Perfect and Scary.

Gamers today SG007 experienced the Revolution. I know you may not believe me however I fell that gamers will undoubtedly by two systems this generation after seeing the Revolution in action.

You will have the traditional gamers who love the Xbox 360. And then you will have the Revolutionary gamers who want the future now.

Nintendo Fans have nothing to worry about.

Sony you have everything to worry about.

Thank you to the Big N for letting me have this once in a lifetime experience.

posted by KingofGamers at 6:50 PM

http://seriousgamer007.blogspot.com/

If thats true, ... wow. The Wii not needing a television, does this mean some holographic thing?

You do realize that SeriousGamer is one of the biggest liars on the internet, right? He has made dozens of statements that haven't come true. I highly doubt he would be chosen to witness the Revolution.

Why did this get posted again?

This is old and absolute bullshit, Seriousgamer007 is fake.

Jeez how many threads have I had to lock in here these last few days?!

[LOCKED]

Edit by diemetrix:

Looks like the name change has hyped the machine quite a bit.

Sign in to follow this