NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MunKy

What the hell!?

Thats absolutely incredible, very very smart.

But hopefully it'l stop on this major scale.

I'm actually pretty amazed what these Chinese pulled off - faking an entire company deserves some respect.

Still it's bad for the company and the consumer and I don't approve of it either but it's fascinating that this was running for two years.

holy crap. that's frikkin GENIUS. I don't even care how amazingly illegal that is, I'm just too impressed to be angry!

This made my day :D can't stop laughing...

But seriously why go the whole way of stealing a brand when you could have established a new one...

With the amount they spent, did they need to hijack a companies name? They could have set their own up.

Note - I didn't read past the first two paragraphs.

I don't get it. Pretending to be NEC to sell pirated versions of their products. Why not just get jobs there?

China is terrible for corruption. For as long as they are still such a fast-growing ecocnomy and while the authorities are still so hung up on stuff like free-speech and journalism, it's going to be difficult to totally crack down on the well established pirate rings there. Ever wondered whee all those dodgy anime DVDs on E-bay come from?

Well around seven fake Ferraris have been build so far in China - selling for 10.000$ a piece.

I doubt this effects Nintendo at all after all I doubt that fake pirate company could deliever what Nintendo wants - they mostly have sold fake hardware on a lower level I assume. Still in China everything is pirated. A friend of mine told me that a well known ropeway/elevator company has been their victim and they even steal prototypes on business trips from a big light company where I live - those didn't work and a whole tunnel was dark for hours but in China nobody cares.

Sign in to follow this