NEurope
Stocka

Gamespot recieve a postcard from Kojima...

yeah, but I think all the "kojima productions" games use that... although they were all metal gear solid games up till now...

I'm not expecting a Metal Gear for Nintendo Wii... to say the truth... I don't even know what to expect.

there will be no metal gear for wii

there will be no metal gear for wii
that's my hinch too, nothing previosly pointed to that... and Konami wouldn't let it happen, at least now...

god, these 10 days will take ages to pass by... so nearby and so far at the same time.

What do we know about this really? it's made by Kojima... and the team doing it is the one who did Metal Gear Acid (1&2) spinoffs for PSP...

I don't seem to recall more information than this.

Well there might be a metal gear game of some sort, but not one in the scale of MGS 1-4 that isnt a remake.

Remember this doesnt necessarily have to be the female-targetted game Kojima talked about. Whats to stop him from bringing multiple games to Wii. Then again this could just as easily be a new 360 game.

Ehhh...... no.

Care to expand on that?

Edit-notice the similarities to this Twin Snakes promotion

If its a new Metal Gear I will so happy, hell even a remake of the original ( not solid series ) If it turns out to be another exclusive then chalk another up for Wii. The amount of support the machine is getting is amazing.

I doubt its gonna be a MGS title......they wouldn't would they????

I'm hopeing for some sort of RPG rather than an action game. I've always admired Kjoma's storytelling abilities, although his grasp of making a good action game is deffinately strong.

I suppose all we can do is wait though! ^__^

Yeah even though that logo is of Foxhound, Kojima Productions also use it as a logo for their studio.

And why is everyone persuming its a Rev game, Microsofts is on the 9th of May as well. Hopefully it is a Revolution game but then if its a 360 title then I won't be losing out but I'm just saying don't make persumptions and turn them into stated facts as if it doesn't turn out to be a rev game then we would just be dissapointed...again :p

Oh and I just realised that I used the word "revo" and "revolution instead of wii; forgive me lol.

You beat me to it Sooj. Than's the first thing I thought when I saw the 9th May. But somehow I think it's more likely the be a Wii game (or it could even be a DS game!). I haven't got the foggiest what it could be but I'd say Metal Gear Solid to have a home on the PlayStations. Hopefully no more remakes.

Another point I wonder if the Metal Gears will be available on the VC?

Another point I wonder if the Metal Gears will be available on the VC?

Me too, i hope Konami doesnt ignore us old NES Metal Gear fans on the VC. I bought the original twice for the NES (after a friend 'borrowed' my first copy) and im willing to buy it again!

Ah bugger. I hope it's not an Xbox 360 game.

Maybe, but I doubt it, the Kojima suprise will be that the Metal Gear series will be availible on the virtual console? I seriously doubt that though.

Oh and legally speaking, what's the chance we'll see old PC games on the VC? Does anyone know the legal ins and outs? Perhaps this isn't the apropriate thread to ask this...

How did we all miss this!?

What we heard: Late last year, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima sat down with Famitsu, Japan's leading game magazine. In it, he revealed he was developing an upcoming title for the Nintendo Revolution. He explained to the publication that he wanted the game to be drastically different from the stealth-action series which made him famous. He also hinted that he might be targeting female gamers specifically.

While it caused a bit of a stir at the time, Kojima's Revolution revelation faded into the background, thanks to a drought of new information about the project. But that will likely end in two weeks, if the hints on the Konami E3 press conference invitation are to be taken at face value.

So it's not metal gear. It IS on Wii (opposed to Xbox 360). And it's a new game conceptually speaking.

I'm not expecting a Metal Gear for Nintendo Wii... to say the truth... I don't even know what to expect.

That's what I'm loving most about this!

It could be a Twin Snakes all over again, who knows. Nobody saw that coming.

I think it is a safe bet that the game is for Wii. There would be no point in hyping a 360 game without at least hinting at what the game was about, but all you have to do is hint that it is a Wii game and the hype level goes up.

I for one am hoping it is a really good RPG (none of this Strategy RPG stuff). It definitely doesn't look "fantasy" or "sports" or "puzzle." It would have to be an action/adventure, a FPS, or a steam punk/modern/futuristic RPG based on the look of the postcard. It definitely doesn't look like it is trying to appeal to girl gamers or soccer moms or anything. I am really looking forward to finding out what it is.

Why necessarily connect the postcard with Nintendo?

Sony's press conference is the same day.

After Konami's, or Kojima's for that matter, work on GameCube, or lack of, I'm not holding my breath.

Konami and Sony are sex buddies.

Sony's press conference is the same day.

Wrong. Sony's press conference is on monday. They changed the day to be first.

What we heard: Late last year, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima sat down with Famitsu, Japan's leading game magazine. In it, he revealed he was developing an upcoming title for the Nintendo Revolution. He explained to the publication that he wanted the game to be drastically different from the stealth-action series which made him famous. He also hinted that he might be targeting female gamers specifically.

!!!

It *could* be for the 360, but he's deffinately making something for Wii, so chances are that this'll be it. Also the 'Re' implires 'Re'volution, but that's hardly concrete.

Now when I watched that Twin Snakes promotion video I wouldn't be surprised if it were MGS game. Oh, it was fan-made... Nevermind then. I don't think it is MGS but something else.

Before that I was thinking about Castlevania. For example "REturn", there was no Castlevania game on GC etc. I'm very curious to find about this one. :bouncy:

the following is wishful thinking on my part

REVOLT-revolution

REARM-Snake is rearmed with a new control method

RETURN-return of MG (not Solid) to a Nintendo platform

REFINE-refined gunplay, or another word for remake

RESPECT-goes to Snake of course, and possibly Kojima's respect for Nintendo?

REGALE-not sure about this one, but im sure many people would regale on having Metal Gear on Wii**

*unless its a Wii version of AC!D