NEurope
Stocka

Gamespot recieve a postcard from Kojima...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5002

Gamespot have reportedly received a postcard that hints towards a Kojima project being announced on Nintendo Wii at E3 2006.

The postcard, which you can see here, is imprinted with the Kojima Studios logo and features several words beginning with 'RE', with the 'RE's highlighted like so: "RETURN," "REARM," "REGALE," "REBIRTH," "RESPECT" and "REFINE". The back of the postcard states that "the Revolt begins May 9th"; the same day as Nintendo's press conference.

Konami is refusing to comment on the postcard at the time of speaking. Kojima announced he had a title coming to Nintendo's next generation console late last year, wanting to create a title vastly different from Metal Gear Solid. There was also a hint that he wanted to target female gamers, but this postcard seems that it could hint otherwise on both of these points.

It is being refuted as nothing to do with Nintendo by many at the moment due to the seeming references to the Revolution moniker of old, but this is explained by the fact that the card was sent out a day before the 'Wii' name was announced.

kojimacard.jpg

I mentioned in the E3 thread that my only guess is a remake of the original Metal Gear, which i prefer to the Solid series. The post card also reeks of the Twin Snakes promotion for GC

I too see that and it just screams Resident Evil at me, and reminicent of the REmake for the GC especially the "REbirth" part, but Kojima is Namco RE is Capcom... Me=confused

Yeah, I'm actually surprised that people don't know who is connected with who and what not, its basic knowledge as well (this isn't an attack on anyone) :p.

Kojima is Konami not Namco

Ah, crap i feel like a right tool, i knew that i swear, its just one of those moments when you think one thing and say/type another for reasons unknown to anyone. And i did say in that post that i was confused didn't i... that just shows how confused i was :p

Sorry

Show's how much people know there developer's ¬.¬
Shows how well people learnt how to use an apostrophe in school.

I'm very interested in Kojima's title really.. I hope it rocks- I'll probably buy it.

I hope its something more in the style of his Boktai games - he's always said he would like to work on a major project beyond MGS. He only still there for the unfeizably large paycheck.

It coulb be a sequel to re-volt :bouncy:

Now serious this sounds great, can't wait more...10 days!

Kojima is responisble for these series:

Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid

Zone of the Enders

Boktai

Tokimeki Memorial (dating sim)

Policenauts (1994) - writer/director

Snatcher CD-ROMantic (1992) - writer/director

SD Snatcher (1990) - original writer

Snatcher (1988) - writer/director

Lost Warld (1986, cancelled) - writer/director

Penguin Adventure (1986) - assistant director

the RE prefix suggests itll be a remake of one of these, unless Konami has put him in charge of another property (Castlevania, Contra?)

I wonder what game will this be... didn't kojima suggested he wanted to make a game for Rev... Wii that turned him popular among girls? why the words stated then?

Return? Regale? Rearm? Rebirth? Respect? Refine?

If it's return and rebirth it might be a existing franchise...

so here are the games/franchises he worked on so far...

-metal gear (of course)

-Zone of the enders

-Boktai

-Tokimeki Memorial volumes... (not a chance)

-Policenauts

-Snatcher (Suda 51 is a fan of this one, and expressed he wanted to work with Kojima, maybe a sequel sometime?

-Lost Warld (cancelled, rebirth anyone?)

-Penguin Adventure

all in all... i've got no clue... but the "rearm" doesn't suggest a game for girls at all, and not kiddy aswell

I'm so hyped... :(

EDIT: wait... Tomeki memorial... is the only remotely girly game there... is it? arghhh my brain is melting

Thats the foxhound logo, at least an updated one.

That pretty much confirms that it'll be some sort of Metal Gear then. ^__^

Thats the foxhound logo, at least an updated one.
yeah, but I think all the "kojima productions" games use that... although they were all metal gear solid games up till now...

I'm not expecting a Metal Gear for Nintendo Wii... to say the truth... I don't even know what to expect.