NEurope
MunKy

KoRn AOL Acoustic Sessions!

Ive never listened to korn. that was interesting..

:shock: you havent? I love korn, but im listening to other stuff right now. Shall listen to it later!

Is it just those 4 songs? Oh well, whats there was good. It stopped just when i was getting into it though

must...resist....Korn...jibe...feel..weak..must...go...on...

If you listened to it and didnt like it, fair enough but dont bash it just cuz its KoRn.

I suggest listening to more. They are stereotyped as an always screaming band but they are far from it. Coming Undone and Twisted Transistor are from See You on The Other Side (latest album) Falling Away From Me from Issues (4th) and Thoughtless is from Untouchables (5th). You might not like the heavier songs but the others might appeal.

Ive listened to it, like Ive listened to pretty much everything from Korn and I just dont digg them at all.

You said dont post anything negative but thats nonsense, this is a forum and a topic so why wouldnt I be able to post my opinion.

Korn is just not for me I guess. I think their songs get boring after one or two listens. Music like Tool, Deftones, Mars Volta and hell even some punk bands seem to have more depth.

But whatever floats your boat. Music is powerful, use it to your advantage.

You said dont post anything negative but thats nonsense, this is a forum and a topic so why wouldnt I be able to post my opinion.

Huh?

No flamers please I want this to be a peaceful thread.

Nothing about negative opinions there, just mindless bollocks that usually comes from some of those stupid people who think hip-hop and rock music have a grudge.

With no flaming I really thought he meant no negativity towards Korn, my bad, forgive me.

I have nothing against rock (as the bands I named suggest) although if we would put music into little boxes, I'd file Korn under pop ;) but whatever.

I give them this: both s.t. and follow the leader were hmmmkay. Not wonderful but not that crappy altogether. In my opinion of course, because Im not judging anyones taste.

Strange thing about korn: you always think that they're last album has hit the streets, but they keep pumping out one more. Keeps getting more imberrasing every record, just like the Clash.

More embarassing? All of their albums have gone platinum at least once. Follow the Leader 7 times. And the self titled album is hailed as one of the best rock/metal albums of all time and would be respected more if so many bands ripped off their sound and pooed all over it.

EDIT: Pop? Are you seriously comparing them to boy "bands" and Will Young?

I liked the KoRn session, i found it funny when he spoke at the begging with his US accent:

"Hey we're from kworn"

More embarassing? All of their albums have gone platinum at least once. Follow the Leader 7 times. And the self titled album is hailed as one of the best rock/metal albums of all time and would be respected more if so many bands ripped off their sound and pooed all over it.

EDIT: Pop? Are you seriously comparing them to boy "bands" and Will Young?

I was talking purely about the music. I really don't listen to music because it sells well. It's not that I ignore music that sells well either, those people are closed minded. What I mean is that in my opinion, each record gets more embarrasing music wise. They try to renew themselves but end up doing the same old shit.

And yes, I am calling Korn pop. C'mon, there's nothing wrong per se with pop. The Clash, Rolling Stones, Radiohead, RATM, all were pop. What part of the word popular don't you understand...

And yes, I am calling Korn pop. C'mon, there's nothing wrong per se with pop. The Clash, Rolling Stones, Radiohead, RATM, all were pop. What part of the word popular don't you understand...

Oh you meant pop as in popular, not "pop" as in random bozos picked by record companies cuz they have a face/body that will sell records. Thats ok then.

theyve been going for more then 12 years :hmm:

ace find gunna chuck on me mp3 player cheers dude

Oh you meant pop as in popular, not "pop" as in random bozos picked by record companies cuz they have a face/body that will sell records. Thats ok then.

Yep. Best song is Wicked though since Chino from the 'Tones is in it :laughing:

Yep. Best song is Wicked though since Chino from the 'Tones is in it :laughing:

Deftones are touring with them this year on the Family Values tour. They said they would be doing it live. Ive never really got into Deftones, the songs Ive heard have ranged from great to crap. And the effect thats always on Chinos voice is kinda annoying. But anyway the bands are mates again so Wicked will be played live like when they first started out.

LOL Deftones absolutely shit on Korn!!! But I like them both, just had a listen to the AOL session and I was pleasantly surprised. To be honest though, I'm surprised they didn't split after Untouchables...

________

MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSORY

Edited by the_mars_volta

I'm surprised they didn't split after Untouchables...

??? Why? It sold well, they wasted a bunch of the record company's money on renting houses and fucking them up (They hated the company) and got one of their most popular song from it, Here To Stay.

LOL Deftones absolutely shit on Korn!!!

I agree, but hey everyone has his or her own opinion.

Speaking of Deftones... waiting till september... AAAA! Good thing I have the new Tool to keep me satisfied. Plus Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's new solo record :laughing: