NEurope
YenRug

How do you rate Wii?

Do you think "Wii" is good name for the Revolution?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think "Wii" is good name for the Revolution?

• Yes, absolutely great!
    • Yes, I really like it.
    • Yes, I think it's alright.
    • Meh, it's okay I suppose.
    • Nice sentiment, shame about the name.
    • Change it, now.
    • Absolutely awful!
    • Nintendo are the d00m3d! / Probably not going to buy one.

Nice article there. The following quote points out what I said earlier in the thread that the marketing for Wii is open to many possabilities.

Consider that a big marketing campaign has the power to make people remember this console every time they say sentences like "What are we going to do now?" or "Shall we play a game together?" You should realise that it´s pure genius to opt for a name that is graphemically unique but phonetically prolific. This has great marketing potential.

i never thought of it that way. i am starting to come round to it but not that quickly.

Personally, I really like the name (Which is what I voted for)

At the start, Nintendo will have some problems convincing people about the name but to be honest, I reckon that the public will eventually accept it and take the name as tongue in cheek (Which Nintendo will probably exploit in their adverts)

For Nintendo to succeed with this name, they need to do some self mockery. I think the best thing for them to do is laugh at the name alongside the public and accept the insults in good fun.

As long as Nintendo take the piss out of themselves (along with the public) the phrase "I'm just going to play with my Wii" will become a household catchphrase!:laughing: